USMC F/A-20 Tigershark **DONE P5*

Started by Pepsi Concorde, November 04, 2021, 05:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

My decals have arrived! Which option do you guys think would look best on a F/A-20? https://i.postimg.cc/nr0H2Hf9/IMG-5689-2.jpg

Scheme 1 (it goes R-L)
3 (42.9%)
Scheme 2
0 (0%)
Scheme 3
2 (28.6%)
Scheme 4
0 (0%)
Scheme 5
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Pepsi Concorde

Decals...

She's currently undergoing a deep treatment of Flory Wash.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Pepsi Concorde

Here she is done...

Northrop-Grumman F/A-20C Tigershark, VMFA-212 US Marines, MCAS Iwakuni, 2004

Hasegawa 1/72 scale

The Northrop F-20 Tigershark was a light fighter designed as a further development of the company's F-5E Tiger II, and was mainly designed and built under the US DoD "FX" program. However, policy changes under the Reagan administration meant that the F-20 had to compete against advanced USAF front-line fighters such as the F-16 in the international market that the Tigershark was designed for. The program, now entirely privately funded was nearly cancelled in 1986, but was saved by a purchase from the U.S. Marines, who had just been denied purchases of the Navy's new "teen series" F/A-18 fighter, initially proposed to be used by both services. The same thing had happened with the Grumman F-14 Tomcat, famous for its appearance in "Top Gun". The Marines order substantially upgraded the base F-20, equipping it with larger control surfaces, ECM equipment, twin-wheel front gear and other modifications. The "F/A-20" as it was designated, could serve in multiple roles and operate from both aircraft carriers and land bases. USMC squadrons started receiving the aircraft from 1987, and they were painted in a 3-tone grey low-visibility paint scheme similar to the services AV-8B Harrier IIs.

Thanks everyone for the support on my first build on this forum!

Pepsi

Gondor

That's turned out very nice  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Captain Canada

Chuck Yeager would be proud ! Nice looking little machine and great build !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

That certainly looks one MEAN machine, and so very believable too.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Not a big fan of grey schemes but that one looks well used & hard worn. Excellent work, Pepsi! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Flyer

"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

AeroplaneDriver

Very nice!  Looks good in those grays. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

comrade harps

:thumbsup:

Is that a single cannon port on the nose? 20mm Vulcan something else?
Whatever.