Judean People's Front Gun Car. Finished pics pg4.

Started by zenrat, November 06, 2021, 05:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on December 11, 2021, 03:54:34 AM

*Which also featured Johnny Red, about a British pilot flying a Hurricane with the Soviets inn WW2.  I remember one strip which featured character being tortured by placing a cage of starving rats on his stomach...

That was quite a popular system of torture around that time. Saw it in numerous cartoon strips and even a couple of films set in medieval England and Louis XIV era France for some reason ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

Quote from: zenrat on December 11, 2021, 03:54:34 AM

In the comic strip that inspired this (which I have still not been able to identify - it may have been in Battle Action comic in the late seventies*) the cars had similar protection along the sides with bars or grilles fixed across the windows.

There was a short lived strip in Eagle in the late 80s featuring Matchbox RoadBlasters. The idea was that you read the comic and then bought the cars and bases.
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/roadblasters/4060-58807/

Very much a grasp at straws for a struggling Matchbox, it was the standard range of cars with the plastic parts changed to fit big guns on top.
http://www.madmaxmodels.com/roadblasters.html

scooter

Quote from: buzzbomb on December 10, 2021, 01:06:24 PM
getting more and more  Car Wars
What a blast back the 80's this is becoming

Wonder what scale map you'd need to use this as a mini :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

With a build like this knowing when to stop adding stuff can be an issue.
I could easilly keep adding reinforcing tubes and plates, spikes, sawtooth rams, tyre slashers, cable cutters, gouging bars and so on and so forth but I think i'll keep this one fairly minimal and stop here.

66 Hino Contessa WIP 12-12-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

The "Bumper Car From Hell"!  ;D

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

buzzbomb

zenrat

It will get wheels, an armour plate to protect the rear cooling grille, and flaps with slots in over the view holes.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Oh that really is now looking the part  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Used to love the Bumper Cars as a kid  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: buzzbomb on December 13, 2021, 03:02:57 AM
That's minimal  :o

Well, "minimal" is a relative term, BT. Just imagine where he could have taken this! :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 13, 2021, 06:25:50 AM
Quote from: buzzbomb on December 13, 2021, 03:02:57 AM
That's minimal  :o

Well, "minimal" is a relative term, BT. Just imagine where he could have taken this! :wacko:

Still needs a bronze statue head on the hood
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

tigercat

Don't want to overload the base chassis

If he went Maximum Overdrive the poor thing would handle like a shopping cart crossed with a snail .

zenrat

Painted.  I'm calling this Urban Choc Chip with Caramel Sauce.
Hino Contessa WIP 28-12-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

NARSES2

Dizzyfugu

Nice, almost elegant.  :thumbsup: