Judean People's Front Gun Car. Finished pics pg4.

Started by zenrat, November 06, 2021, 05:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzbomb

What a luxurious penthouse gun position... Love it :thumbsup:

Nick

Quote from: loupgarou on November 28, 2021, 12:29:10 PM
I am curious abot the "broccoli" tapes... :o Any special properties?

They look like the rubber bands that supermarkets put around bunches of broccoli. Just the right size to hold a model car together while the glue sets. Gives them that unique Bond....  :thumbsup:

Dizzyfugu

In Germany these have a long tradition of taming asparagus.

zenrat

Quote from: scooter on November 28, 2021, 12:02:54 PM
Paint it black and give it to the Delta Tau Chi chapter from Faber?

A major source of inspiration and one of my favourite movies.

Actually from bunches of broccolini.  They infuse the build with iron and vitamins and coincidentally hold the chassis and the body together.  The body is slightly warped and needs to be held straight by the chassis while I build the luxury penthouse gun tower.

Many many years ago (mid to late seventies probly) I read a strip in a UK comic which featured a car race using sedans armoured with what were basically roo/bull bars extending down the sides of the cars.  They used these to strike each other in a attempt to force their opponents off the road.
This obviously affected deeply as that is how i drive to this day i built a number of model cars like that in my youth.  None survived.
If this one works out I may have to build another in 1/25.
I have no idea what the strip was or the comic.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Quote from: zenrat on November 29, 2021, 02:20:52 AM
Quote from: scooter on November 28, 2021, 12:02:54 PM
Paint it black and give it to the Delta Tau Chi chapter from Faber?

A major source of inspiration and one of my favourite movies.

Actually from bunches of broccolini.  They infuse the build with iron and vitamins and coincidentally hold the chassis and the body together.  The body is slightly warped and needs to be held straight by the chassis while I build the luxury penthouse gun tower.

Many many years ago (mid to late seventies probly) I read a strip in a UK comic which featured a car race using sedans armoured with what were basically roo/bull bars extending down the sides of the cars.  They used these to strike each other in a attempt to force their opponents off the road.
This obviously affected deeply as that is how i drive to this day i built a number of model cars like that in my youth.  None survived.
If this one works out I may have to build another in 1/25.
I have no idea what the strip was or the comic.

Aren't you thinking of real-life banger/saloon races in UK, by chance?  :rolleyes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhN6rEvcSh0&t=99s
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 28, 2021, 11:56:33 PM

And here in the UK as well and I like asparagus  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 29, 2021, 06:08:27 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 28, 2021, 11:56:33 PM

And here in the UK as well and I like asparagus  ;D

And in the US as well
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

loupgarou

Also over here we use rubber bands to keep asparagus together, but without markings, we can recognise asparagus without need of a sticker... ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

We need our vegetables identified for us.

I don't like asparagus.

Quote from: loupgarou on November 29, 2021, 04:58:55 AM
...Aren't you thinking of real-life banger/saloon races in UK, by chance?  :rolleyes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhN6rEvcSh0&t=99s

No.

And not Death Race 2000 either.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

PSR on the window armour and the penthouse being finished I have begun work on the ram and side beams.
66 Hino Contessa WIP 10-12-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Dizzyfugu

I just wonder how this thing would handle in real life!  ;D

Rheged

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 10, 2021, 04:03:40 AM
I just wonder how this thing would handle in real life!  ;D

I don't think I'd like to be the person who took it for its first test drive, especially if corners were involved...........but it's coming along very nicely indeed!

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

buzzbomb

getting more and more  Car Wars
What a blast back the 80's this is becoming

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: buzzbomb on December 10, 2021, 01:06:24 PM
getting more and more  Car Wars
What a blast back the 80's this is becoming

;D  :thumbsup:

zenrat

IRL adding that amount of weight in RSJs to a car (let alone the armour) would have its suspension bottomed out and render the engine unable to move it.
Lucky this isn't real life.
;D

In the comic strip that inspired this (which I have still not been able to identify - it may have been in Battle Action comic in the late seventies*) the cars had similar protection along the sides with bars or grilles fixed across the windows.

*Which also featured Johnny Red, about a British pilot flying a Hurricane with the Soviets inn WW2.  I remember one strip which featured character being tortured by placing a cage of starving rats on his stomach...
Fred