Judean People's Front Gun Car. Finished pics pg4.

Started by zenrat, November 06, 2021, 05:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Earmarked the paint scheme, might find its way onto a Dorvack PA some day.  <_<

buzzbomb

Neat scheme.

I was sort of expecting Datsun 120Y yellow for some reason

Now very interested to see how it finishes off

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 29, 2021, 03:30:16 AM
Earmarked the paint scheme, might find its way onto a Dorvack PA some day.  <_<

Feel free.

Quote from: buzzbomb on December 29, 2021, 01:14:58 PM
Neat scheme.

I was sort of expecting Datsun 120Y yellow for some reason

Now very interested to see how it finishes off

The base colour (Vallejo Middle Stone) is close the 70's British Leyland colour I think of as "Monkey S**t Brown".
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Fred

loupgarou

Fascinating.
I hope you opted for RIGID suspensions.  :rolleyes:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

Truck springs and heavy duty shocks.
In addition to the armour and the RSJs the bodywork is lined with concrete.
Fred

zenrat

Put on some transfers today.  Not many, just some numbers and identification letters.
Fred

Old Wombat

I knew I'd find them, eventually! ;D :thumbsup:

This build brought to mind these paintings by SF artist Jim Burns (I just had to remember who, search my library & find some decent online images);

Battle Cars: 1983 Games Workshop

Freeway Fighter: 1984 Games Workshop
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

Rick Lowe

Which also puts me in mind of the 'Xenozoic', or  'Cadillacs and Dinosaurs' comics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenozoic_Tales

zenrat

Judean Peopls's Front Gun Car.

Hino Contessa Gun Car - 21 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

A minor player in the fight to drag Palestine out from under the heel of the polished riding boot of colonial oppression, the Judean People's Front rarely had the good-fortune to be gifted the type of armoured vehicles their rivals regularly received from interested foreign powers.  Consequently when anarmoured car was needed they made their own.

Hino Contessa Gun Car - 6 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The Self Propelled Light Insurgency Troop Transports (Reconnaissance) were built from locally assembled Hino Contessas.  The windows were armoured and a rooftop gun position constructed.  Additional protection was provided by filling the doors and lining the bodywork with concrete.  RSJs formed a perimeter frame which reinforced the chassis, protected the vehicle from ramming attacks, and acted as a battering ram.  Truck springs  and heavy duty shock absorbers were fitted to cope with the extra weight.

Hino Contessa Gun Car - 5 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Armament varied from car to car.  The pictured example (captured intact in a raid on a JPF position) has a single FN-MAG 7.62mm light machine gun but examples have been reported carrying weapons ranging from Bren guns to dual 50 cal machine-guns to flamethrowers to the complete rear turret from an Il-28.

Hino Contessa Gun Car - 12 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Due to their relatively ineffective armour (proof against small arms and large rocks), sluggish performance (the standard 1300cc engine was retain ties ed unmodified), and poor ground clearance (potholes were a major challenge) the Contessa Gun Cars were used only for policing duties in areas loyal to the Judean People's Front.  Anything more than an angry mob outclassed them.  However needs must as The Devil drives and of Judea they were all that were available.  Not every group of freedom fighters were as fortunate as the People's Front of Judea with their rich American backers.

Hino Contessa Gun Car - 14 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The Model.

1/32 Arii 1966 Hino Contesse 1300 coupe.
Scratch.
1/'35 FN-MAG from Meng Cat D9 Armoured Bulldozer.
Scale reference Infantryman is 1/35 by Masterbox.

Don't look too closely because after glueing the chassis and body together I found the dashboard and steering wheel still in the box...

Fred

AndrewF

Excellent! Nice job and great photos. Interesting to see the figure for scale as well.  :thumbsup:

Gondor

I wonder if it was Popular with its crew?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est