AH-56C Cheyenne

Started by Gondor, November 06, 2021, 07:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

This is quite a project but I'm sure it will be worth it!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Gondor

A couple of update pictures

Just the fuselage, now with the new engine pack fitted

And here with the wings and canopy held in place by gravity and friction

More progress in the next two weeks I hope.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Nothing quite like gravity to give you a helping hand.

Except when it doesn't.................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

The engines look very good on the hull.  :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

AndrewF

This is shaping up nicely!

Gondor

Minor setback while sanding the excess filler from the nose. The engine assembly came loose on the right hand side so once I finished the sanding I had to glue the join again except this time I added some support to keep everything in place.

Somewhat makeshift but it will do the job. Moar filler later but I think I will start filling in the area where the file is with plastic card so that area can be worked on.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Well that didn't work very well. The other side of the engines decided to come unstuck and the whole engine black wasn't centred so off it came. Bit of a blessing really as it has made it easier to add the filler around the engines.

A flat sheet of plastic card has been fitted to the top of the hole where the original engine was. This is what I should have done earlier as it will provide a nice stable platform for the engines once I have added filler to what I already have and built up some of the body work between the engines and cockpit.

Gondor

Gondor

There's paint on the model  ;D

Well ok, it is just to help show all the lumps and bumps due to the current state of the PSR at the moment

The top and bottom views don't look too bad at a glace, but.....

So lots to do and some of it is going to involve the use of power tools!  :wacko:

Gondor

buzzbomb

great shape.

Evolving very nicely

AeroplaneDriver

This thing is looking absolutely vicious. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Gondor

Very little work if any getting done on this build so it is unlikly going to be finished by the end of the Group Build  :banghead:

Gondor

kerick

Looking forward to this either way! How about a cool Desert Storm camo job!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise