AH-56C Cheyenne

Started by Gondor, November 06, 2021, 07:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: kerick on January 19, 2022, 11:17:52 AM
Looking forward to this either way! How about a cool Desert Storm camo job!

Sorry, that camo will be for the S-67, this one will going U.S. Army Green

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Just a small amount of progress.

That's the majority of the forward/aft junction sorted out. Now about that gap above the Grey Green junction.....

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

kerick

This engine swap is looking great! I hope you finish this in time for the GB!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

It somewhat looks as if carving everything from a piece of wood would have been the easier path?  ;)

Great, looking forward to the completed model.  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 20, 2022, 11:17:10 PM

It somewhat looks as if carving everything from a piece of wood would have been the easier path?  ;)

Fells like that at times too.

I did come up with a plan a while after the picture was taken. There is part of a strip of plastic card used to fill in gaps in the picture, mainly covered in filler. I intend to use some more of that card to go around under the upper most piece of Green plastic and hope fully that will do the majority of the work. We shall see this evening.

Gondor

kerick

How's this project going?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Gondor

Quote from: kerick on January 28, 2022, 10:15:36 PM
How's this project going?

I hope to do a little more this weekend. Seriously distracted by other things including tidying away large portions of my stash from the model room into the loft as I need to de-clutter all the spares and odds and ends that I have.

Gondor

Gondor

Could a moderator move this build to a more appropriate area please. It's not dead, it's resting....

Gondor

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

sandiego89

Quote from: Gondor on February 04, 2022, 11:53:20 AM
Could a moderator move this build to a more appropriate area please. It's not dead, it's resting....

Gondor

Like many projects, there are unforeseen complexities, slipped costs and timelines, and don't get me started on those contractors who underbid and underdeliver!    ;D
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: sandiego89 on February 04, 2022, 02:11:24 PM

Like many projects, there are unforeseen complexities, slipped costs and timelines, and don't get me started on those contractors who underbid and underdeliver!    ;D

Very true. The integration of the new engines and cockpit have been far more complex than anticipated, available time to work on the project has also become an issue.

Gondor

kerick

Tophe the Wise

thundereagle1997

Would counter rotating 8 bladed rotors 4 electric motors an electric no tail rotor unit canard foreplanes & a fixed wing be able able to improve performance while a 40mm cannon & unguided bombs be able to provide effective close/maneuvering air support with amphibious flying boat seaplanes armed with guns of 14.5mm machine guns 40mm cannons & 105mm rifled guns? Let me know your thoughts on the idea I came up with in the comments below thank you for your support and kindness especially for an autistic person like myself keeping the website alive with fresh ideas no offence to anyone in particular.

wacek85

Quote from: thundereagle1997 on April 29, 2023, 04:40:26 PMWould counter rotating 8 bladed rotors 4 electric motors an electric no tail rotor unit canard foreplanes & a fixed wing be able able to improve performance while a 40mm cannon & unguided bombs be able to provide effective close/maneuvering air support with amphibious flying boat seaplanes armed with guns of 14.5mm machine guns 40mm cannons & 105mm rifled guns? Let me know your thoughts on the idea I came up with in the comments below thank you for your support and kindness especially for an autistic person like myself keeping the website alive with fresh ideas no offence to anyone in particular.

Woah, two counter rotating eight bladed rotors,  "4 electric motors an electric no tail rotor unit" ? Canard foreplanes and fixed wing? On a Cheyenne? How? What you want to build with all of this? Another incarnation of Sikorsky S-72 X-wing? And how these "amphibious flying boat seaplanes armed with guns of 14.5mm machine guns 40mm cannons & 105mm rifled guns" came out?