A two-fer (finished pics p6)

Started by Caveman, November 07, 2021, 12:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Quote from: Scotaidh on November 20, 2021, 03:06:33 AM
Oh!  I love that, Tophe!  May I build a version of that, please?
Of course, this would be a honor for me to see one of my delirious dream turned plastic ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Caveman

secretprojects forum migrant

Caveman

First decals on :)

Cockpit framing done, turbo painted and installed (but I forgot to take a photo), but of stretches sprue for the antenna (first time ever doing that...)

I'll add a few detailing decals but otherwise I'm pretty close to calling it done!

Tophe

Tophe

Quote from: Caveman on November 12, 2021, 01:43:49 PM
Cheers Tophe!
Here is a glimpse at part 2:

Some major work still to do. Hopefully it'll resemble something like this:

Thanks a lot for the inspiration you give (thanks for the dreams you gave us). Maybe my next model will be another kind of asymmetric P-38. ;D

Caveman

Calling the spit done - I really need to get better at taking photos of these though

Old Wombat

She looks very good, Caveman! :thumbsup: :mellow:

I still think the intakes look too large but they look better under paint. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Tophe

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 23, 2021, 06:19:51 PM
the intakes look too large
too large for normality? :unsure: Not in the whif world! ;)

Caveman

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 23, 2021, 06:19:51 PM
She looks very good, Caveman! :thumbsup: :mellow:

I still think the intakes look too large but they look better under paint. :thumbsup:

I chose this paint scheme hoping the invasion stripes would break up the intakes.

Caveman

A minor update. I have been playing around with OnShape (a web browser CAD program) as an alternative to my more usual Fusion 360. Its not quite as polished but given its running on a browser its pretty impressive.

I drew up a centre wing section and a shim for the left wing to conform to the fuselage. I umm'd and err'd about how to get the profile correctly imported into onshape and finally settled on using a long (300mm) macro lens to get a relatively distortion free top down view. The resulting prints are a bit rough - but based on my previous experience I was expecting a fair amount of PSR to get the surface finish like styrene. However, the broad shape and the fit to the fuselage and the existing wing is pretty good. Im still using PLA at the moment but am trying to find the bravery to switch to HIPS and a 0.2mm nozzle (vice the 0.4mm currently fitted).

Tacked in place with bluetack

Tophe

That seems to be a top level model with technology of the 2030s... <_<

Caveman

Finally got round to doing some beauty shots:

Tophe

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe