A two-fer (finished pics p6)

Started by Caveman, November 07, 2021, 12:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

:lol: Rick...yeah mate i wouls say "welcome to my world" but your already there  :lol:
I havent visited as you say bricks and mortar hobby shop in ages but thats changing on Wednesday..Aucklands doors are open and im stepping thru em ..theres 2 shops there which know me first hand..been going to both for over 30yrs ..Stockers and Hobbycity are gping to get a vist and money is going to change hands.
I get all my blades from Stockers cause they sell em by the blade..and Colin buys collections and hes got a pile of buggered bits which im gonna take a look at.
Im going to clean out Hobbycites Tamiya putty pile..i need quite alot of stuff from there.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Quote from: Caveman on December 12, 2021, 01:31:13 PM
She's got stripes - although I am not loving the overall look anymore.

Maybe its a bit too fussy now? Camouflage doing its job and breaking up the outline. Ill persevere and see what happens when it gets roundels etc. My attempts at mash forming the canopy did not go so well. I have tried to sand away the pain on the inside of the canopy (carefully) and am waiting for a delivery of pledge to see if I can recover it. Otherwise Ill either being relying on the kindness of strangers or ill bite the bullet and just paint over the canopy.

I think the distinctive design is somewhat hidden by the patterned camo, a simple OD over Light Grey would probably have been a better choice*.

If I was you, I'd take up Chris' (NARSES2's) offer of one of his spare canopies - save a lot of hassle in the long run.

[*: But I have no idea if that's what I would have done - these things are usually a tad spontaneous.]
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Tophe

Quote from: Caveman on December 12, 2021, 01:31:13 PM
I am not loving the overall look anymore.
Sorry, I disagree: I love this model :wub: :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Scotaidh

The way the nose is painted, every time I glance at it I get a very strong impression of floats ...  then I look again and, "Oh, it's just the paint lines."

Floats would be cool, though.  IIRC there once was a scheme to put floats on a P-38 ...
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Caveman

I think that the national markings certainly help. A few tidy up bits left and then Im going to have run out of displacement activities and will have to make a decision on canopy.

secretprojects forum migrant

Wardukw

I can see what Guy means now..that camo really works Caveman..its looking good man  :thumbsup:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on December 12, 2021, 08:48:36 PM
:lol: Rick...yeah mate i wouls say "welcome to my world" but your already there  :lol:
I havent visited as you say bricks and mortar hobby shop in ages but thats changing on Wednesday..Aucklands doors are open and im stepping thru em ..theres 2 shops there which know me first hand..been going to both for over 30yrs ..Stockers and Hobbycity are gping to get a vist and money is going to change hands.
I get all my blades from Stockers cause they sell em by the blade..and Colin buys collections and hes got a pile of buggered bits which im gonna take a look at.
Im going to clean out Hobbycites Tamiya putty pile..i need quite alot of stuff from there.

Have fun and take care!

As an aside, I have gone to Revell putty and am liking it more than Tamiya - just my opinion.

Wardukw

Oh do tell Rick..im always open trying new things..whats the difference? .
Does it sand better or less shrinkage ?..oh is it cheaper ..i dont mind the Tamiya putty but it does have the habit of shrinking .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on December 13, 2021, 10:28:02 PM
Oh do tell Rick..im always open trying new things..whats the difference? .
Does it sand better or less shrinkage ?..oh is it cheaper ..i dont mind the Tamiya putty but it does have the habit of shrinking .

PM inbound

Wardukw

Tophe

Of course this genius plane (with double derivatives more easy to stand) belongs now to the glorious history of Lightnings! :thumbsup:

= link http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/P38_persp_H_bh.jpg
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Caveman

Part 2 complete!

And of course where the other bits went

secretprojects forum migrant

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Weird       
Bizarre     
Freaky     
Cool       
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est