AccsGB

Started by Mossie, November 10, 2021, 09:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

One of several manufacturers who have contracted Mikromir to produce kits for them, they've got a a few detail sets under there belt as well as some 1/72 armour, including versions of the M3 Scout Car, Humber Scout Car in injection and a Bantham BRC-40 due out in resin.
https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=362924&code=&product_type_id=&scale_id=&keyword_search=&setPerPage=100&currency_id=

They've also got several boxings of the De Havilland Venom FB.4 due out soon:
https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235097970-172-dh-venom-fb-mk4-accsgb/
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/72nd_aircraft/1-72-dh-venom-fb-mk-4-t12131.html

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Knightflyer

I have (foolishly perhaps) put one of each of the RAF boxings on back order from Hannants

Made me think of the discussion on the Airfix thread about what they might produce / reveal for next year. How many 1/72nd Venom kits could the customer base support?

Oh to be whiffing again :-(

The Wooksta!

The Airfix one would have wider reach and they'd probably be cheaper too.  How much are these supposedly priced at?  I doubt you'd get any change from twenty notes.

I've got a CMR one tucked away, plus a few Aeroclub examples that, whilst rough and ready, are good enough for my purposes.  I can't see me buying even one - the sprue shots I've seen intimate it could be a fiddly, frustrating and tricky build.  If Airfix did it?  I'd probably snaffle a few, if only to use up the decals in the CMR kit.

I doubt I'm alone in thinking this either.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Knightflyer

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 10, 2021, 10:00:59 AM
The Airfix one would have wider reach and they'd probably be cheaper too.  How much are these supposedly priced at?  I doubt you'd get any change from twenty notes.

I've got a CMR one tucked away, plus a few Aeroclub examples that, whilst rough and ready, are good enough for my purposes.  I can't see me buying even one - the sprue shots I've seen intimate it could be a fiddly, frustrating and tricky build.  If Airfix did it?  I'd probably snaffle a few, if only to use up the decals in the CMR kit.

I doubt I'm alone in thinking this either.

And I do pretty much agree with you on all of the above. I have a few of the Aeroclub ones as well, and though basic, I was happy with the build experience

If Airfix was offered these I wouldn't hesitate. However the back-order is an 'option' If they turn out to be too expensive when the price is announced I shall "put them down and step away"
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

JayBee

I do agree most emphatically with all the above points.
I AM interested, but I await the final verdict and the price.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

'TBA' prices are like the ones in up-market car magazine adverts that say 'POA'.

Meaning '...if that's important, you can't afford it...' :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TallEng

That's rather disappointing, I'd quite like a Mainstream Venom.
Oh well Cest La vie

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

NARSES2

Must admit I saw these yesterday on Hannant's "Future Releases" and whilst interested, once I saw the "TBA" thought "think I'll wait and see"
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

They're on eBay from the Ukraine. The chancers are asking for 30 notes and nigh on another 20 for postage, plus undoubtedly a six month wait too. Sex, travel and their mothers spring to mind.

Top end CMR prices for something little larger than a Vampire? Had away and bollards!

The Aeroclub ones I have salted away look more appealing, even if I add one of the expensive Eurodecals sheets into the bargain.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Pellson

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 05, 2022, 04:00:13 PM
They're on eBay from the Ukraine. The chancers are asking for 30 notes and nigh on another 20 for postage, plus undoubtedly a six month wait too. Sex, travel and their mothers spring to mind.

Top end CMR prices for something little larger than a Vampire? Had away and bollards!

The Aeroclub ones I have salted away look more appealing, even if I add one of the expensive Eurodecals sheets into the bargain.

We'll - if you want anything from the Ukraine, I'd say get it now. They might be subject to very different trade regulations when reincorporated into Russia..  :rolleyes:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

The Wooksta!

I'm boycotting on the grounds that it's ridiculously over priced. The fact it's coming from the Ukraine is neither here nor there.

The price for what is essentially a slightly bigger Vampire is extortionate - I can get a Czechmaster one for the same price with a decal sheet and etch, plus masks.  The price cannot be justified, yet there are fools on Britmodeller agreeing that it's too expensive but still say they'll get one!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Nick

Here are the test shots as seen at SMW2022. The producer is known to the IPMS London and has been in touch with our secretary suggesting they will be out soon at a guide price of £18. This may be a club only price or it doesn't include shipping and tax...

NARSES2

£18's not bad given current prices, could be fun cleaning up some of those sprue gates though ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

The 3 kits are now available on Hannant's website and are priced at £32.99 :o which is way over the top for a 1/72 scale Venom in my view. Same price as the latest Kora releases and I've always thought those were overpriced. Current ARMA and Clear Prop kits, which are fantastic, £19/£20. You work it out ?

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AGB72610?result-token=9EQld

Me and Lee were discussing these whilst putting the world to rights on Tuesday and Lee mused that these might origionaly have been tooled for S&M ?

The Wooksta!

I repeat my comment re sex, travel and their mothers.

I heard whisper on Britmodeller some time back that they were tooled by Mikro-Mir for S&M, but Mel Bromley's untimely death put paid to that.

There's more on eBay, some at a starting price of £30, and another as a BIN at an eye watering £42.67.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: