Azur/Frrom

Started by kitbasher, November 29, 2021, 12:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comrade harps

Nothing fancy like different or extra engines,  but l have some Romanian decals and a backstory to go with a Battle.
Whatever.

NARSES2

Quote from: comrade harps on December 01, 2021, 10:50:21 PM
Nothing fancy like different or extra engines,  but l have some Romanian decals and a backstory to go with a Battle.

Oh a package deal with their Hurricanes ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: The Rat on December 01, 2021, 02:11:44 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on November 30, 2021, 06:09:19 AM
Be good to see a new tool Battle  :thumbsup: I'd like a decent "real world" build in the collection, the couple of Airfix kits in the stash could then get whiffed : radial engine'd one and maybe a Sea Battle" ?

Lashed up one of those last year: http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal17/16001-16100/gal16091-Battle-Bailey/00.shtm

Nice build Ratty  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

I now need to keep my eyes open for this as well as the Battles

Douglas DB-7

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/FR0052

You cannot view this attachment.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 30, 2021, 06:09:19 AMBe good to see a new tool Battle  :thumbsup: I'd like a decent "real world" build in the collection, the couple of Airfix kits in the stash could then get whiffed : radial engine'd one and maybe a Sea Battle" ?

A Fairey Jutland?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on March 30, 2024, 03:47:43 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on November 30, 2021, 06:09:19 AMBe good to see a new tool Battle  :thumbsup: I'd like a decent "real world" build in the collection, the couple of Airfix kits in the stash could then get whiffed : radial engine'd one and maybe a Sea Battle" ?

A Fairey Jutland?

Plenty of room for a Torpedo  ;D

NARSES2

The Battle is also now in Hannants Future Releases

Here's the link to the RAF version, they will also do a Belgian one.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/FR0048?result-token=K0sFD

And here's the rather nice box art for it.

You cannot view this attachment.

NARSES2

Looking at the Battle was thinking of simple additions like a spinner, maybe a turret from a Roc or similar, but with only 1/2 guns and then putting it in Finnish markings ?

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 31, 2024, 02:00:33 AMLooking at the Battle was thinking of simple additions like a spinner, maybe a turret from a Roc or similar, but with only 1/2 guns and then putting it in Finnish markings ?

Turrets were fitted to gunnery training Battles, shoukd be plenty of clues for you to be inspired by.

Maybe add a second wing-mounted machine gun as well?  One never seemed enough to me!

Admittedly that will add weight, which was the last thing the Battle needed.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on March 31, 2024, 02:43:55 AMTurrets were fitted to gunnery training Battles, shoukd be plenty of clues for you to be inspired by.

I knew I had a vague memory of something similar, thanks  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on March 31, 2024, 02:43:55 AMAdmittedly that will add weight, which was the last thing the Battle needed.

Stick a Griffon on it.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 31, 2024, 03:13:03 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on March 31, 2024, 02:43:55 AMAdmittedly that will add weight, which was the last thing the Battle needed.

It's about the only engine that wasn't tested on a Battle.  The test engines I know about are:-
Rolls Royce Exe
Fairey Prince
Napier Dagger
Fairey Monarch
Napier Sabre
and in Canada Wright Cyclone R-1820

and possibly others too!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

What if the pre-war Air Ministry went for the whole heavy fighter thing in a big way?
Battle of Britain fought between Battle Fighters (6 gun wings, twin rear guns), Defiants, and Me 110s.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitbasher

Quote from: zenrat on March 31, 2024, 05:36:13 AMWhat if the pre-war Air Ministry went for the whole heavy fighter thing in a big way?
Battle of Britain fought between Battle Fighters (6 gun wings, twin rear guns), Defiants, and Me 110s.

Twin-engined Battle (as was actually considered by Fairey), like https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=21075.msg340144#msg340144.?

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 31, 2024, 03:13:03 AM

Waste of a Griffon!

The Azur/FFROM kit is tempting.  I've an Airfix Battle that's languished in a part-built state for years that the new (and hopefully more accurate) could replace.  I've been toying with the idea of making a smaller, lighter Battle (Fairey sort of did it with their P.4/34) and hacking at an Airfix Battle would be a cheaper approach.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter