Royal Navy Hornet FA.1-completed

Started by AeroplaneDriver, November 29, 2021, 07:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 09, 2021, 11:32:19 PM
Pretty. Inspired me to consider a (yet) whiffy German Luftwaffe F/A-18E, which was considered recently as a replacement for the last Tornado IDS strike aircraft (as A-bomb carriers). These should IMHO look similarly.

I have plans for a Luftwaffe Super Hornet carrying a B61 nuke.  Hopefully I can get to it before deliveries start.  I'm betting it comes in the bog standard factory gray when it arrives but I know we can do better!   :thumbsup:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on December 09, 2021, 11:59:20 PM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 09, 2021, 11:32:19 PM
Pretty. Inspired me to consider a (yet) whiffy German Luftwaffe F/A-18E, which was considered recently as a replacement for the last Tornado IDS strike aircraft (as A-bomb carriers). These should IMHO look similarly.

I have plans for a Luftwaffe Super Hornet carrying a B61 nuke.  Hopefully ai can get to it before deliveries start.  I'm betting it comes in the big-standard factory gray when it arrives but I know we can do better!   :thumbsup:

Same thought here. A "realistic" Super Hornet (either an F/A-18E or an EA-18G Growler, the latter to replace the ECR Tornados) will certainly be painted overall FS35237. But for at least a little variation I'd rather settle for a Norm95 Tornado scheme. And a B61 comes with the Italeri USA/NAT weapon set...  ;D

Pellson

Any LW scheme later than the Norm 81 and No ;)rm 83 wraparounds is boring..
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Dizzyfugu

It is, many more recent paint scheme are really uninspired - esp. the German ones.  :-\ That's why I haven't tackled the idea of a Luftwaffe F-18E yet.

comrade harps

Whatever.