1/72 Jacques Six

Started by frank2056, December 07, 2021, 09:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

This get better and better looking  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

Looks so much better than the Yak with those new engines! Great work!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

frank2056

Thanks guys! It wasn't an easy kitbash but not being obsessed with a perfect fit to everything helped make it fun. It's interesting to see how the change in engines and tail configuration had such a radical effect in overall appearance. Plus I finished a model in the eternal shelf (or box) of unfinished kits...

DogfighterZen

Quote from: frank2056 on December 09, 2021, 08:08:45 AM
Thanks guys! It wasn't an easy kitbash but not being obsessed with a perfect fit to everything helped make it fun. It's interesting to see how the change in engines and tail configuration had such a radical effect in overall appearance. Plus I finished a model in the eternal shelf (or box) of unfinished kits...

Very nice work on that bashing. If i hadn't read that thread, i'd say it's an OOB build. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

stevehed

I like it. I find it most relaxing building after trawling through the spares/scrap with nothing particular in mind. Quite a few of my builds originated this way.

JayBee

An utterly delightfull creation. So very Beech 18 (as has already been said, and why not?) and so very real looking.  :wub:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

frank2056

Quote from: stevehed on December 09, 2021, 02:15:08 PM
I like it. I find it most relaxing building after trawling through the spares/scrap with nothing particular in mind. Quite a few of my builds originated this way.

That's pretty much what it was like - I considered Argus engines from an FW189, but they didn't look quite right. I tried bits and pieces from other planes and what "stuck" is what I kept. No real "vision" other than "I don't like the way the Yak-6 looks"

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Spawned from "The Flow".  ;)

nighthunter

Looks great! With all the Russian parts kitbashed together, I would have gone with a Finnish Bird, lol But the French and Russians, well they have a pleasant history, LOL!
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

TomZ

Looks very good. Very believable!

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

frank2056

The French Escadron de Chasse 2/30 Normandie-Niemen flew on the Eastern Front and they had a Yak-6 transport. My somewhat weak backstory is that they they brought back plans (or few examples) to France to help restart the French aircraft industry. Since the Hs-129 used French engines, it seemed like an almost plausible back story.

A Finnish Yak-6 upgrade would have been a good path as well, if I could have made the Fw-189 engines fit well.