TP-88 Heavy Fighter .

Started by Wardukw, December 10, 2021, 04:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Thanks guys  ;D and yep theres some annoyances with this and the problem is the lack parts ..like the horizontal stabilizers being a wee bit small..Dizzy is right there and im going to lengthen them today ..add about 10mm to their lenght.
As for the small wings...well theres a reason i haven't done anything with them..its a low to medium altitude fighter ..ground attack..anti shipping ..this is the first verison which doesn't have the ability to carry bombs..yet.
Its sister which is much bigger is a ultra heavy figther..which im going to build  ;D
Scot is right about the B26 being a hot ship and this is too.
Its designed to come in at extremely high speed ..shoot what ever and zip past  the target before the target can respond.
Armaments have now been sorted..2x30mm cannon in the nose..6x50cals..4 in the nose and 2 in the wings firing thru the propellers and 2x20mm cannon in the wing roots..they are select fire weapons as the pilot can choose which guns to use or he can fire them all at once .
I'll probably paint the cockpit today as im getting to the point where ive gotta join the fuselage to the wings but before that the nose gear has to be sorted first.
Oh Tophe you evil little man  ;D  :lol: ..that warped mind of yours is such a wonderful place and i utterly love that design and one way or another im gonna build it  :wub:  :thumbsup:  ;D
Guy mate  ;D yes this is  :wacko:
Damn you guys !!! ...now im trying to think of a way to lengthen the wings  :unsure:  :o
:-\
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Oh i forgot ..i scored a Panda 72nd F6 Hellcat yesterday as a charity shop ..its got no canopy and the kit is crap..strange thing it also has the plans for a Matchbox Hellcat in the box too.
Been looking at the bits ..wings are gonna be lengthened  :wacko:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

royabulgaf

Definite improvement.  The real one looks like they used the boxes the Allisons came in for nacelles.
The Leng Plateau is lovely this time of year

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on December 11, 2021, 10:38:05 AM
..they are select fire weapons as the pilot can choose which guns to use or he can fire them all at once .

Would you care to organise a sweepstake as to which most would choose ?  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: Scotaidh on December 11, 2021, 05:31:09 AM
... triple 30mm - two hits anywhere near the wing-roots of any WWII aircraft virtually guaranteed its destruction - even the heavies, like a B-17/24/Lanc/etc.

Which side did you see this being on mate?    :wacko:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Scotaidh

Quote from: zenrat on December 12, 2021, 03:26:01 AM
Quote from: Scotaidh on December 11, 2021, 05:31:09 AM
... triple 30mm - two hits anywhere near the wing-roots of any WWII aircraft virtually guaranteed its destruction - even the heavies, like a B-17/24/Lanc/etc.

Which side did you see this being on mate?    :wacko:

Well, it's Whiff ... it could be either, or both, or Swiss.  :)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Wardukw

Roy i never did like the original setup they used ..it looked like a last minute decision to use the crates and man does it show..theres no way mine could look that nasty...it could be why it never flew..the plywood would have broke  :wacko:

If it was my choice i would use the 30mm's as thr final kill shots..the 20's and 50's would do a crap load of damage and they have more ammo.
Theres a pretty famous bit of WW2 film of a ME262 shooting the hell out of a B17 and i noticed that the 4 cannon are not firing all at the same time..thats gotta be recoil and to save ammo..mine would be thr same problems ..so my first to go for guns would be the 50's ..ive got alot more of those  ;D of course if they dont work..ill go bigger  :wacko:

Wardukw

Ok lads this is just a update for ya all...there would have been pics but my laptop auto updated and now the networking side of it is buggered..so its off to see a mate again to sort it out.
Now on the decal front..as some of ya know my aircraft decal pile is crap well i  scored a Italeri A7E Corsair and it has 4 decal options..im going to use the stars from that which are black so now thats sorted for now its gonna have paint on it today..its already primed (has been for a wewk now) ..hopefully it shouldnt be to annoying to come up with a camo sceam for it.

Old Wombat

Speaking of decals, Phill; has that envelope I sent at the beginning of the month arrived, yet? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Guy mate i havent seen anything at all in mail form.. with mail here being crap at the best of times this might take even longer now and that annoying xmas thing wont make it any faster...now i have a problem..i cant wait to see what you sent me and i suspect those decals will be better than what im gonna use..so now im gonna wait till i get them  ;D
Dont want to decal this thing and get yours and end up with decals which would look many times better  :lol:

The Rat

Wowzers, that's a butt-kicker.  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Old Wombat

Well, hopefully you'll get them early in the new year. :rolleyes:

One A4 envelope can't take that long, can it? :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Rat man  ;D...oh you've not ..well nobody has seen the new verison..wings have been changed and the horizontal stabilizers have been modified too ..its looking much better now  <_<

Guy im hoping the same thing too..hell it might even get to me sooner than the
new yr but im not going to hold my breath..one A4 size envelope might as well be a 6ft sq box when it comes mail and freight these days.

Wardukw

Righto boys ,,,well my good mate Tony got my comp sorted and now i can update ya all with new pics of what this thing looks like now ,,,the latest pics are still on my camera and this numpty didnt put them on here ,,oh well swings and roundabouts .
Ok the new wings ,,considering they  came from a 1/72nd Hellcat they were perfect for this plane ..the width strangely is nearly exactly the same as the P40 where i mounted the engines ,,the fillets for the gaps are vey very thin plastic sheet just to clean up the surface as the Hellcats wings are slightly narrower ,,check it out for yourselves.
DSCF3143 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Heres the mods to the tail planes ,,not sure how well it would work in the RW but they do look different .
DSCF3142 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3148 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Wings got modded as well..the flaps were too small so the P40 lost hers
DSCF3135 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Ok heres the pics of the other stuff ,,landing gear ,,instrument panel and then sitting on it wheels ..
DSCF3151 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3155 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3156 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3157 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3159 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3160 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3163 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3164 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3166 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

Next pics will be of it all done and once the decals that Guy has sent me get here then ill have a much much better idea because as i said to Guy if i paint it with the decals i have on it and yours arrive and are much better then its a poop moment ,,so ill wait .  ;D

Tophe

good improvements! :thumbsup: (better and better) ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]