##FINISHED## "The first of a new breed" - Sikorsky AR-4D/Hoverfly gunship

Started by AndrewF, December 21, 2021, 01:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank2056

Wow - they came out great; now I want to build one with one of those markings. I think the blue in the French tail flash and roundel are a little dark, but it may be my monitor or the weathering.

AndrewF

Thanks Frank! Glad you like them. Yes, the blue is a tad dark - I do these in Adobe Illustrator and the blue is lighter in the Illustrator file. The blending mode I used in Photoshop to put the artwork on the paper effect background has darkened it a bit too much...

Old Wombat

Nice little helicopter! :thumbsup:

Would be nice to see a 3D version in styrene. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 29, 2022, 09:58:30 PM

Would be nice to see a 3D version in styrene. ;)

Didn't Pavla do one of those early on in their life? IIRC it had some vacformed bits as well as injected and resin stuff.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

frank2056

MPM had one and you can still find it at a fair price. But... look at the instructions. Lots of PE and vacuformed canopy!
Fiddler's Green has a paper model. I'd like to build one, but I'm not good with paper models.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

AndrewF

Thanks everyone for the comments. A 1/72 model of this would be tiny I think.

PR19_Kit

The fuselage would be 5.5" long, that's not too bad, and MILES larger than a Robinson R22.

Regards
Kit