My Library just grew again......... 2022 edition

Started by Rheged, December 29, 2021, 07:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

perttime

The news stand at the bigger supermarket near me had the Key Publishing bookazine on the (Hawker) Tempest.
"80 years after Hawker's piston-engine star took flight"

I'm sure I'll spend a few evenings with it.

PR19_Kit

I got that one, it's pretty good, full of techie and operational stuff.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Picked up the November Issue of Aeroplane, the one with the picture of the TSR2 on the front.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Steel Penguin

Haynes Centurion tank owners manual  :thumbsup:   i have an Australian version to build and a UK AVRE to do
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Nick

Quote from: Gondor on October 26, 2022, 11:35:41 AMPicked up the November Issue of Aeroplane, the one with the picture of the TSR2 on the front.

Gondor

So did I.
Had to hunt for it on the shelves til I found the stack hidden behind a copy of Guitar World  :o  ;D

Gondor

On the recommendation of several other members I went on-line and purchased the Key publications special on the Tempest. Haveing only glanced through it so far I concur with the recommendations made earlier  :thumbsup:

While in town picking up, hopefully my last pair of spectacles, more details in my blog, I took the opertunity to pop into W.H.Smiths and left with the November edition of Scale Aircraft Modelling due to the article on the F-111K, must do some more on my build some time..... and Issue 611 of Scale Aviation & Military Modeller International for the articles on the Blackburn Buccaneer.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

jcf

Digital version of the November The Aeroplane. 

Easier than trying to track it down, I'd have to drive down to Seattle, plus it's easy to read
on my 12.9" iPad Pro.
;)  

Spey_Phantom

earlier this week, i got the new book "Aircraft of the Belgian Air Force".
a new book with pictures and profiles of every aircraft to serve the BAF in the past 75 years (from 1946 to present and the future).
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Gondor

Received today from Postscript

Project Cancelled: The Disaster of Britain's Abandoned Aircraft Projects by Derek Wood

Gondor

Edit: Bought from Amazon not Postscript

Rheged

Quote from: Gondor on November 02, 2022, 10:40:26 AMReceived today from Postscript

Project Cancelled: The Disaster of Britain's Abandoned Aircraft Projects by Derek Wood

Gondor

Postscript Books is a very dangerous website.  It can lead to excessive depletion of your resources if you are not careful.....................but I still recommend them!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Quote from: Rheged on November 02, 2022, 10:50:58 AM
Quote from: Gondor on November 02, 2022, 10:40:26 AMReceived today from Postscript

Gondor

Postscript Books is a very dangerous website.  It can lead to excessive depletion of your resources if you are not careful.....................but I still recommend them!

Someone mentioned the above book in a post somewhereand at the price it was too good to miss. I am very selective with what I buy and could not manage to convince myself that I needed anything else other than anther book that should have been delivered today.

Gondor

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on November 02, 2022, 10:50:58 AMPostscript Books is a very dangerous website.  It can lead to excessive depletion of your resources if you are not careful.....................but I still recommend them!

Sadly their search engine is rubbish, no matter what I write in the search box it comes up with 5 pages of stuff. All the same, every time!.   :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 02, 2022, 03:34:35 PM
Quote from: Rheged on November 02, 2022, 10:50:58 AMPostscript Books is a very dangerous website.  It can lead to excessive depletion of your resources if you are not careful.....................but I still recommend them!

Sadly their search engine is rubbish, no matter what I write in the search box it comes up with 5 pages of stuff. All the same, every time!.   :banghead:

Agreed, the search engine is a mess!  However, getting their old-fashioned paper catalogue every month gives me a reasonable choice............
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Gondor

One of the books that drew a fair few of us to the Dark Side of modelling  :wacko:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.