Started by Rheged, December 29, 2021, 07:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Received today from Postscript

Haynes Churchill Tank

WK275 by Guy Ellis

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

jcf

Which edition of Wood's book?

The 2nd edition was expanded over the first with added material.

Gondor

Quote from: jcf on November 03, 2022, 01:31:53 PMWhich edition of Wood's book?

The 2nd edition was expanded over the first with added material.

Second edition although it's a 1990 publication run that I bought. Will be trying to scan a few of the drawings to use as information for a few builds I think.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Received a pre-order from Valiant Wings today.

The Bristol Beaufort, A Technical Guide by Richard A. Franks

Number 10 of the Airframe Detail series

Gondor

Hobbes

From SMW:
BAC 3-11 brochure, incl dimensioned drawings.
HP Victor history and development (2 volumes)
Testbeds, motherships and parasites

Wardukw

I got 3 books last Wednesday which normally I don't buy but at 3 bucks for 2 of them I thought why not ?

Model railways from 1991 by Cyril J Freezer. Yeah I don't do rail way things but this has some great stuff diorama wise and old school tricks ..quite a cool read.

Advanced model railways from 1993 by Dave Lowery..same reason as above ^  ;D

Modern tanks and AFVs 1991 to present from 2021 by Russell and Stephen Hart...a pretty up to date book with some nice Arab designs I've never seen before ..quite a informative book....this was only a $20 note and well worth it.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

That Cyril J Freezer book has been the British model railway 'Bible' for ages, and it's very good indeed. An excellent find there.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Cheers Kit..it's a bloody good book...condition isn't top notch but for 2 bucks it's more than good enough.  ;D
On pages 64 and 65 theres this amazing bridge and it's superbly built as is everything around it..I do wonder how it would look in 35th scale  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Received from World Of Books via eBay

Linewrights Aeroguide 9 Hawker Hunter F Mk 6/T Mk 7

Lots of usful detailed pictures

Gondor

Nick

I picked up the latest copy of SAM to see the second part of the F-111 in RAF service article and to find out what happens next in the Cuban Missile Crisis - no spoilers please!  ;) 

Lovely read on the first few pages but then they've obviously had a printing error. They managed to print page 30 on what should have been page 26.  :banghead:
I shall be writing to the editor...

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on November 23, 2022, 08:38:00 AMI picked up the latest copy of SAM to see the second part of the F-111 in RAF service article and to find out what happens next in the Cuban Missile Crisis - no spoilers please!  ;) 

Lovely read on the first few pages but then they've obviously had a printing error. They managed to print page 30 on what should have been page 26.  :banghead:

I shall be speaking to him on Dec 4th  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 24, 2022, 12:09:20 AM
Quote from: Nick on November 23, 2022, 08:38:00 AMI picked up the latest copy of SAM to see the second part of the F-111 in RAF service article and to find out what happens next in the Cuban Missile Crisis - no spoilers please!  ;) 

I shall join you!

NARSES2

Used some of the Points on my Waterstones card yesterday -

Augustus - From Revolutionary to Emperor, by Adrian Goldsworthy

A People Betrayed - A history of corruption, political incompetence and social division in modern Spain, by Paul Preston.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

That could be the printers fault, but not necessarily

Gondor

Nick

Quote from: Gondor on November 25, 2022, 05:57:06 AM

That could be the printers fault, but not necessarily

Gondor

I emailed him this afternoon and he very kindly sent a pdf of the missing page within 10 minutes  :thumbsup:
He is hoping for extra space in a future issue to reprint it. Says there was 'a bit of a mess-up after passing the file back to the office'.