My Library just grew again......... 2022 edition

Started by Rheged, December 29, 2021, 07:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 14, 2022, 07:22:46 AM
One of my retirement presents was a two volume work on Napoleon's Grand Armee's Uniforms. Basically a collection of superb colour plates. Been through them from cover to cover  ;D

Oh nice  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

jcf

It'll be read.  ;D
It's typical Grif, a combination of the technical and the biographical.  :thumbsup:

Steel Penguin

a copy of the FASA star trek RPG  3 basic books and character sheets  no dice but I've plenty of those
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Gondor

Two aditions to the Library today

On Target Profile 12, Hawker Hurricane in RAF and Commonwealth Service

AIRfile 12 Inform & Inspire, Hawker Hunter In RAF Service. A quick flip through and I find a certain Mr McEvoy wrote the forward.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

tigercat

I may have accidentally acquired  about 40 issues of Warship Journal

zenrat

Batmobile Cutaways: Batman Classic TV Series.
By Richard Jackson (Author), Alan Cowsill (Author), James Hill (Author), Ed Giddings (Illustrator), Mojo (Illustrator).

72 pages of cutaways of vehicles from the Batman Classic TV Series (AKA Batman '66, or the campy Adam West one) including two versions of the Batcycle, the Batgirl Cycle, the Batboat, and obviously the only Batmobile that counts - the George Barris one.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on February 04, 2022, 04:08:24 AM
the Batman Classic TV Series (AKA Batman '66, or the campy Adam West one) .

I've wondered if they ever realised at the time how campy that was (I was 14 so was just starting to notice such things  :angel:) or indeed if it was actually intentional ? Certainly set the mark for tv series to follow  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I think that when they made the TV series and then the movie they had their collective tongues firmly in their (and possibly others) cheeks.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on February 06, 2022, 03:38:55 AM
I think that when they made the TV series and then the movie they had their collective tongues firmly in their (and possibly others) cheeks.

I think in all probability you're right, I do hope so anyway  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

Everything about the Batman TV series was intentional, and it many ways it's a lampoon
of the movie serials of former years.

NARSES2

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on February 07, 2022, 03:13:02 PM
Everything about the Batman TV series was intentional, and it many ways it's a lampoon
of the movie serials of former years.

I wasn't quite old enough to appreciate it back then. Maybe I should revisit it ?  ;D

Gondor

Received today from eBay

AIRfile 5 Inform & Inspire, RAF Trainers Volume 1: 1918-1945

AIRfile 8 Inform & Inspire, RAF Trainers Volume 2@ 1945-2012

AIRfile 10 Inform & Inspire, RAF Middle East & Far East 1945-1979

all three in excelent condition, as new by the look of them and only £20 all in  :thumbsup:

Gondor

JayBee

Just arrived via Amazon, Helion Middle East @ war Vols I, II, & III, 75 Years of the Israeli Air Force.
Brilliant, with a number of photos that I have not seen before.  :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Gondor

Just received today from Naval & Military Press

Flightcraft 3: Hawker Hurricane and Sea Hurricane

Flightcraft 4: Avro Lancaster in Military Service 1945-1965

Flightcraft 13: Gloster Meteor In British Service

Well there was a sale on  :angel:

Gondor

Gondor

Just received from eBay

Aerofax Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-17

Aerofax Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-19

Aerofax MiG-23/27 Flogger

All for just under £35 includeing Postage

Gondor