My Library just grew again......... 2022 edition

Started by Rheged, December 29, 2021, 07:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Picked those up in Smiths a while ago, both are fascinating and great value  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Received today

RAF on the Offensive: The Rebirth of Tactical Air Power 1940-1941 by Greg Baughen

It was on sale at £3.99 from Naval & Millitary Press instead of the usuall £25 and I thought it could be interesting.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

With my well known liking of all things Concorde related, this one was a 'Must Get' for me.

Mike Bannister's 'Concorde', a nice simple title for an anything BUT simple book. It's a 450 page tome all about his life as a BA pilot. flying VC10s and Concordes.

And it had to be bought as Mike, BA's Senior Concorde Pilot, was the same guy who was my 'instructor' for my day 'flying' the Concorde simulator at Brooklands in 2019!

See here :- https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=47163.msg863457#msg863457
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Christmas list:

Supermarine Secret Projects 2: Fighters and Bombers
Judge Dredd Dreadnoughts
Judge Dredd Origins

Finally got one of the Supermarine bookazines, I guess No.1 is on its way too as I've been told two pressies have been delayed by the postal strikes.
Catching up with some Dredd stories, some early ones to fill in gaps.  I used to be quite into Dredd but haven't read anything for some time.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Well it's 2023 in parts of the World and the 2023 thread is started so this is locked.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.