My Library just grew again......... 2022 edition

Started by Rheged, December 29, 2021, 07:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Purchased from Guideline Publications at the Scottish Nationals today

Warpaint Series No.80 Saab Draken, to fill a hole in my knowledge

Scale Aircraft Monographs: Camouflage & Markings Number 7: The Israaeli Air Force Part Three: 2002 to 2012

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Gifted to me from Gondor, MANY thanks Alastair, the Airframe and Miniature book on the Me262.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

The Future of Flight by Leik Myrabo and Dean Ing.

Written in 1985, it a a serious work predicting a future were flight is supreme, we'll have personal aircraft and laser driven craft will fly into space.

Sounds like a ropey sci-fi novel and it's funny to read the back cover in 2022, but it's based on some sound principles and Myrabo did some successful experimentation on laser driven craft for NASA.

There are concepts for space fighters and even a space battle cruiser! Being written around the time  SDI "Star Wars" was announced puts this into perspective.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Gondor

Purchased at the Scottish Nationals today

Detail & Scale Series Volume 1, F3H Demon

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Weaver

Pristine copy of the 1976 RAF Yearbook, with the programme for that year's Battle Of Britain day at Biggin Hill thrown in.

Got this from Ebay after seeing a tweet about Derek Wood's, 'what if' article inside, complete with Wilf Hardy artwork:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Fabulous artwork there, I've still got that yearbook somewhere.  :thumbsup:

And I have a resin Hawker P.1081 kit that arrived from Newcastle one fine day. It look great in the scheme in the lower pic.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rheged

RAF Yearbook 1976.   Can be accessed  by googling RAF yearbook 1976 pdf    The article you want is pages 45 to 49.  There's also an article on flying the TSR2   on pages 54 to 57
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Picked up a Richard Franks bookazine on the Scimitar, that's the twin jet Supermarine Scimitar, not the Jaguar engined little tank thingie.

Full of all sorts of useful info, am might just persuade me to actually BUILD one of my two Skybirds 76 Scims.

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Received today direct from Guideline Publications

Combat Colours Number 5: The de Havilland Mosquito in RAF Photographic Reconnaissance and Bomber Service : 1941 yo 1945

Combat Colours Number 6: The de Havilland Mosquito Day and Night Fighters in RAF Service : 1941 yo 1945

Gondor

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Why, thank you. ;D  I'm enjoying the book, so I hope to read the whole series in time.  I'll probably use them as 'go to' books when I'm in between reads.

Gondor

Arrived today via Amazon, no wonder it was raining when I got home as it's rather wet there  :rolleyes:

Scale Aircraft Monographs: Camouflage & Markings Number 3: The Israaeli Air Force Part One: 1948 to 1967

I just need part two to have all three parts of this series and I am expecting that part two will not be cheap or readily available either  :banghead:

Gondor

rickshaw

Quote from: Mossie on May 30, 2022, 03:41:14 AM
Why, thank you. ;D  I'm enjoying the book, so I hope to read the whole series in time.  I'll probably use them as 'go to' books when I'm in between reads.

They will quickly become the books you read instead of the normal books you read!   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

McColm