My Library just grew again......... 2022 edition

Started by Rheged, December 29, 2021, 07:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Something Mrs z and I can share - The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William L Shirer.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Quote from: zenrat on June 06, 2022, 04:24:15 AM
Something Mrs z and I can share - The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William L Shirer.

A very good book. I have apreciated also the other Shirer books.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Gondor

I succumbed to the Naval & Military book Sale and received today

Monitors of the Royal Navy: How the Fleet brought the Great Guns to Bear by Jim Crossley

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rheged

The Green Eagles of Calshot.      It looks like a privately published autobiography and history of the flying boats at RAF Calshot.

Green eagles because the RAF badge was corroded by salt water spray.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Just received today

Scimitar, Supermarines Last Fighter by Richard A Franks

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on June 07, 2022, 05:25:23 AM

Scimitar, Supermarines Last Fighter by Richard A Franks

Full of interesting stuff, that one.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 07, 2022, 07:49:29 AM

Full of interesting stuff, that one.  :thumbsup:

Your purchase earlier prompted me to buy it as I have very little info on it yet I have four kits by three manufacturers.

Gondor.

zenrat

One for me.  I don't think Mrs z will be interested in it.  Although I could tell by the look on her face that she was thinking "who is this Bouton Paul bloke?"

Boutlon Paul 1917-1961:  Aircraft, Projects, and Studies. by Les Whitehouse.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Nick

Quote from: zenrat on June 08, 2022, 04:08:46 AM
One for me.  I don't think Mrs z will be interested in it.  Although I could tell by the look on her face that she was thinking "who is this Bouton Paul bloke?"

I met Les Whitehouse several years ago. He was Chairman of the Boulton Paul museum near Telford and must have a wealth of knowledge to share.
Sadly the museum closed due to site redevelopment and the ever-increasing age of the volunteers. Some had started as BP apprentices back in the 50s!

zenrat

Quote from: Nick on June 08, 2022, 04:35:06 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 08, 2022, 04:08:46 AM

I met Les Whitehouse several years ago. He was Chairman of the Boulton Paul museum near Telford and must have a wealth of knowledge to share.
Sadly the museum closed due to site redevelopment and the ever-increasing age of the volunteers. Some had started as BP apprentices back in the 50s!

I've only had a quick flick through it but it looks interesting and a source of inspiration.
Fred

PR19_Kit

Collected the latest Aeroplane Magazine y'day, which is excellent in its own right containing many tales of the Cold War, but it comes with one of the Company Profile bookazines attached, and as luck would have it it's Supermarine!  :thumbsup:

Just what I needed for a bit of background on my 1 Week GB Defender.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Excellent news. I shall get one on Sunday when we go into Hereford to the cathedral.

Later..........item not available in Hereford;  RATS!

Gondor

And now for something completely different.......

Scratch-Building Model Railway Tank Locomotives
The Tilbury 4-4-2
By Simon Bolton

Bought because I have the mad idea of building one of these

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GER_Class_A55

So I thought I best buy something to give me an idea of how to build something like it.  :-\

Gondor

Rheged

A parcel from those nice people at Postscript Books

"Action Stations Revisited"   volumes 6 and 7

"And now the shipping forecast"

"Scotland:  Defending the Nation"  Birlinn Publishing.    A book of military maps and diagrams from the battle of Solway Moss 1542 to the end of the Cold War.

PR19_Kit

From the Coventry Show today, 'Swift from the cockpit' by Nigel Walpole. Interestingly it still makes the claim that the Supermarine 510 was the first British swept wing aircraft to fly, yet says that the Hawker P.1052 preceded the 510 by a month. What?  :-\

And a lovely book of pics of Challenger 2s in Germany, with pics of them in all possible positions, even loaded on their transporters......  ;)

Regards
Kit