My Library just grew again......... 2022 edition

Started by Rheged, December 29, 2021, 07:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loupgarou

Recently I was looking around on internet for some photographic books that have no place here, but I found amusing this amazon review:

I bought this book for a 90-year old friend's birthday. Since it was shrink-wrapped, I was unable to ascertain whether it was suitable for him, but I understand he is recovering nicely from his heart attack.   ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Received today from The Tank Museum

Tankograd - British Special No 9020 Challenger 1 Main Battle Tank

Tankograd - British Special No 9031 FV4201 Chieftain

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Received from the Tank Museum

The Tank Museum: Churchill Tank, Vehicle History and Specification by David Fletcher

The Tank Museum: Cromwelll Tank, Vehicle History and Specification by David Fletcher

Both had been pre-ordered then delayed so my previous books from The Tank Museum were bought with a discount, these were bought as I have very little information on them and I like some information when I work on something.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

PR19_Kit

A veritable treasure trove from WH Smith in Glos today.  ;D

A Tempest bookazine on US Jet Bombers, another one on Supermarine Flying Boat Secret Projects, and it looks like it's first of a series as it's numbered '1'.

And lastly a wonderful photo album of the Lightning by Fred Martin. That's the REAL Lightning, the one with two engines, one on top of the other.....  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

From my local WH Smiths today

A bookazine on the Century Series American Fighters

Gondor

Rheged

I recently acquired the bookazines on AEC, post Second World War   and Bedford  British military vehicles:  fascinating.   It would be only too easy to spend far too much in W H Smiths (and other newsagents) on these bookazines.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Nick

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 03, 2022, 07:41:44 AM

A Tempest bookazine on US Jet Bombers, another one on Supermarine Flying Boat Secret Projects, and it looks like it's first of a series as it's numbered '1'.

I've been looking out for that. Will have to look in WHS at Waterloo station. I do know that Part 2 is Fighters and Bombers, due out end of July.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on May 04, 2022, 09:06:59 AM

It would be only too easy to spend far too much in W H Smiths (and other newsagents) on these bookazines.

It is.

Don't ask me etc.......

If I'd have looked inside the back cover of the Supermarine book I might have noticed the big '2' there which describes the next volume, about fighters. I guess it may include the odd Spitfire.........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

While on holiday in Canberra I purchased, "Empire of the Clouds" and "Operation Sea Lion"  second hand.  Both are being avidly read. :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on May 04, 2022, 09:12:57 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 03, 2022, 07:41:44 AM

I've been looking out for that. Will have to look in WHS at Waterloo station. I do know that Part 2 is Fighters and Bombers, due out end of July.

I shall be looking out for that at Waterloo when I pass through next week as well  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on May 04, 2022, 09:06:59 AM
  It would be only too easy to spend far too much in W H Smiths (and other newsagents) on these bookazines.

Tell me about it  :angel:

Nick

I have my copy of Supermarine Flying Boats and I think everyone else on the SIG table at Milton Keynes has had a read too  ;D

It turns out that the drawing on p117 is incorrect and shows the same Merlin powered aircraft twice. The middle drawing should be the cover art model with Taurus engine and the cockpit in the wing support. No great problem as Ralph has provided the correct drawing over on Secret Projects.

https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/supermarine-secret-projects-vol-1-seaplanes-and-floatplanes-by-ralph-pegram.39036/#post-525571

jcf

For folks in the US, it's to have its US release on May 26, it'll be available from Amazon for $13.99:
https://www.amazon.com/Supermarine-Secret-Projects-Vol-Floatplanes/dp/1911639943

Gondor

Arrived this morning from eBay

Aerofax: Ilyushin Il-18/-20/-22 A Versatile Turboprop Transport

Gondor