Apocalyptic Mobile Heavy Transport

Started by Wardukw, December 29, 2021, 04:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

I'll just agree. That's amazing scratch building  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Thanks a heap guys  ;D
Im just hoping the end result will be what my mind envisioned..i think it might  :lol:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Wardukw

Thanks Rick  ;D..i hope to be back at that soon..when peoples cars stop buggering me about with WOF work that is..another one to do tomorrow.
Ive still got to build tie down points forbthe trailer and a sort of clamp for the trolley..then a folding ramp from the front unit to the trailer and then 2 access ramps to get on and off the thing...not much items but dozens of hours of work.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Yeah, the details can take more time than the actual build!

Wardukw

Yup its been a little while now but with a comp having a hissy fit with its wifi its been annoying but its sorted now and here she is guys ,,the next thing is paint ..
oh and alot of pics too. :o
Deck ammo storage
DSCF3250 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3255 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3256 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Choppers carriage
DSCF3257 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3258 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Now the truck in all its glory..so to speck ;D
DSCF3259 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3261 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3263 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3265 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3266 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3276 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3277 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3279 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3281 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
This is how she is now guys ...the building is pretty much done .
DSCF3282 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3283 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3284 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3285 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3286 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3288 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3290 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3292 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Had to build a drive shaft with two working CV joints so the truck will turn and twist ,,
DSCF3293 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3294 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3295 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Lights and wiring and other stuff ..
DSCF3296 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3297 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3298 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3299 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3300 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Thats all folks  ;D and man a heap of pics to and still more to come when i paint this monster ,,this...the heli ..damn :-\

zenrat

:bow: again.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

MAN, that looks fantastic! Brilliant detailing! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

frank2056

Eh, looks OK....

Just kidding! Amazing scratchbuild! Where did you get the hinges for the large cabinet?

Wardukw

Thank you thank you guys  ;D
Its painting time for this thing now and thats gonna be fun  :o
Frank they are just from a pile of PE i scored ..i think they are from a set of PE for a M3 Lee tank but im not sure now .
Yrs ago i scored a 4in thick pile of Eduard PE sets in a auction ..think i payed $20nz for the lot..all brand new but old and not as good as todays by a long shot so i just use em for bits.

Rick Lowe

Awright, looking good!

BattleTruck's bigger, badder brother/offspring.

Keep up the good great work!  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Cheers Rick mate  ;D
Undercoated it yesterday in black ..today i sprayed it pretty much white and ill be throwing more paint at soon enough now i know what colours to use .

zenrat

This is post zombie apocalypse yes?
Do we know much about zombies sight?  Do they have full spectrum vision or are they limited to, say black and white only?
Or are they more sensitive in ultraviolet?
Could influence your paint choices...

...and explain a scheme like this.

https://hamiltonselway.com/portfolio-item/camouflage-ii-412-1987/
Fred

Wardukw

Good morning Fred   ;D
From what can be figured out here and after many yrs of movies and books one thing is for curtain..zombies dont see colours ..movement seems to be their detection system of choice.
You could stand there and watch em in a full white suit..the moment you moved tho they detect something..it does take em a little while to know which direction the movement came from but when they do their off..not fast but off they go.
One thing we still dont know is how if a group of humans stay in one place to long they know about it and all of em start ro move that way and it seems they can know some extremely long distances away.
As this is a civilian vehicle it gonna be mostly left in the colours they found it..blue and white.
Ive got quite a few pics of oil field trucks and they come in a few different colours.
Red..orange..blue..white.and yellow with the odd one in black.
Since i have bugger all paint and  what i do have isn't enough im going for blue chassis and wheels..white cab ..the trailer will be heavily distressed white and what ever colours they had for the new bits they made.
The ammo lockers will be orange cause they were that colour when they found them..they weren't for ammo originally..just heavy tool lockers.
The trolley will be washed in brown and detailed and have a yellow H painted on it and ill hand that by hand i think.
The weathering tho Fred mate is a whole different story  :lol:  :o