Apocalyptic Mobile Heavy Transport

Started by Wardukw, December 29, 2021, 04:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank2056

It isn't too hard to fool (current) image recognition AI. Here's an article from Nature with some pictures and here's another

I think that image looks similar to the ones in the articles. Whatever you do, though... don't use cat pictures. AIs love cat pictures.

Wardukw

Ya know i dont where the hell that camo would work ..maybe in some 60s psychedelic music rave but who cares..a decision has been made .
Fred got that and i like Fred and ill admit i want something for this truck just to bling it.
You guys will know that there is always someone in zombie world who was a artist or loved to paint and you know what ?.. theres one in this little town to and shes going to put her mark on this truck .
So now tomorrow ill need to buy some Ammo paint and some more blue ( after knocking over my bottle of blue this morning) and orange and red and to my eyes a off yellow.
If any of you lads could tell me the colours you see it would be greatly appreciated..seeing the right colours is a pain in the arse for me.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

nighthunter

Looks to me like it's a lime green, or a similar games workshop green. Is that artist's name Sabine Wren? 😜
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Old Wombat

Navy/Royal Blue; Amber/Orange; Fire Engine Red; Pale Lime Green.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

That's brillaint Guy and Hunter..i would never have guessed lime green ..no need to guess now  :thumbsup:
Wrote down my list so no forgetting there  ;D
One thing i am going to check out today is a profiler ..i do suspect a price of $45 + so not getring one this week  :lol:
No massive rush to get that at the mo ..im looking at a new airbrush for me birthday and again no rush..thats not until May but most of all i got the colours i need ..so chuffed there gents  <_<
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Ok big amount of change here and this thing is bright at the mo ..thats mostly Freds fault but damn does it look good and the whole lot was done by hand ,,,i did change the colours a wee bit dew to me not seeing red very well ...
DSCF3351 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3353 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3354 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3355 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3356 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Now the heli pad...nothing much to look at here but its not pretty and thats the way i wanted it ,,they used thinned out black paint to paint around the yellow ,,didnt have enough i think ...me tho ive got crap loads of it  <_<
DSCF3360 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Now the deck ,,,hand painted cause there spray gun died so they painted it with a roller instead ,,kinda works  ;D
DSCF3363 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3364 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Fuel tanks ..
DSCF3365 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3366 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Now the front bit ...
DSCF3367 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3372 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3373 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3375 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

Time to make it look used..yeah used  :wacko:

frank2056

A hippie on acid couldn't have done a better trippy camo job!

Wardukw

Cheers Frank    ;D
Yeah gotta admit ive never painted anything like that before and man it took hours .
Least it turned out ok and im never going to try an fool AI with cat pics  :lol:

zenrat

Yowsa!  Looks awesome.
Fantastic job DUKWy.
:thumbsup:
That camo scheme will serve to hide splashes of zombie blood, pus, and other noxious fluids.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Sweet Mother of God! :blink:

OK, now my eyes have recovered :o: Really good work going on there, Phill! Especially the camo! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Thanks guys .. ;D if i get off my rear today ill spray it gloss ..at least get that going.
Oh something to shock ya a wee bit..the green paint....did it twice..frist coat was far to dark..so lightened it and did it all over again..then the gray and then the blue.
I think its about 6hrs work.

Wardukw

OK for those of you that might have thought that I'd forgotten about this I haven't..ive been getting things together for it ..like letters well the right sized letters for the tool/ammo cabinets.

Also I've been thinking and you blokes are well aware of what happens then 🤔 😏.
I'm getting rid of the wheels ..yep..all 8 of em ..I. going to be mounting tracks with a Foremost vibe 😌
Yes it will make this thing slower but no flat tyres to worry about ever and it will lower it so more stable and much heavier..better for crushing and bush bashing..im gonna start mapping the new layout shortly 😉

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Sadly, I had forgotten it! :(

But I agree with Fred! :thumbsup: