My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Received today from eBay

1 x 1/72 eduard SS540 Jaguar E, the aircraft not the car. Two Seat Trainer version of the Jaguar, for the Hobby Boss kit but I will make sure it fits the Hasegawa kit.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

DogfighterZen

Received yesterday, the Sword Demon and the PJ US Modern pilots with JHMCS from SuperHobby in Poland and the Ikea Detolf shelf brackets from the UK via ebay.

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

Arrived this evening, roughly five minutes to six...

Looks very nice in the bags. Four decal options come with the kit for three 'C' versions and one 'D'. Not decided what mine will be, could even be a 'D' transferred to the RAF. Regardless it will not be OOTB as that's too normal so research will be done.

Nice and speedy delivery, well done Hornby  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Howard of Effingham

Just bought an original issue 1/72 Luftwaffe Tornado kit at the Thornbury show yesterday.

Along with a WW2 era Luftwaffe numbers decal sheet, and a couple of other bits.

It was a good day out with Martin and Richard.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Dizzyfugu

A KP 1/72 Alpha Jet A ("Canadian Top Aces" boxing) - primarily because of the decals for the hardware rendition of an illustration which was inspired by my recent Hungarian Saab Sk 90A, a ind of tribute work.  ;)

PR19_Kit

Lots of goodies from the Big H for some current projects.  :thumbsup:

SAC white metal landing gear for my Tornado F6 and Tu-13 Kanberra, nose probes for both of them, landing gear bays for the Kamberra, some resin sidewinders of the F6 and some potential decals for ot as well.

Plus some other odds and ends, you can never have too many..........  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

AeroplaneDriver

Like several others on here, today I added a kit (well several of them) that I have hoped for for a long, long time.  My sparkly new, hot of the presses Airfix 1/48 Buccaneers arrived today in the US, a truly shocking 4 days after they were ordered with free shipping. 

It looks truly gorgeous.  Happy model geek this evening. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Rick Lowe

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on August 08, 2022, 04:33:36 PM
Like several others on here, today I added a kit (well several of them) that I have hoped for for a long, long time.  My sparkly new, hot of the presses Airfix 1/48 Buccaneers arrived today in the US, a truly shocking 4 days after they were ordered with free shipping. 

Coolness - I wish we could get that level of service in this Hemisphere - without having to sell one's first-born, I hasten to add...  ;)

Spey_Phantom

scored secondhand online  :mellow:

-LS 1/144 SR-71A Blackbird
-LS 1/144 P-3C Orion
-Airfix 1/72 Westland Whirlwind (fighter)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 06, 2022, 03:02:08 AM
Received yesterday, the Sword Demon and the PJ US Modern pilots with JHMCS from SuperHobby in Poland and the Ikea Detolf shelf brackets from the UK via ebay.

The Demon is a good kit and builds well with care. Mine is in Dutch Navy markings.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on August 09, 2022, 02:44:59 AM

The Demon is a good kit and builds well with care. Mine is in Dutch Navy markings.

Thanks for the heads-up, mate! Good to know.  :thumbsup:
Got a link for yours? :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

Better than the Emhar one I hope? That one's pretty basic.........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Nils on August 08, 2022, 11:53:42 PM

-Airfix 1/72 Westland Whirlwind (fighter)

Always had a soft spot for this kit and built a few. It's not to difficult to add some basic improvements and that leaves you with a nice sense of achievement  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on August 08, 2022, 04:33:36 PM

Bearing in mind they've had to get from Airfix to the shipping agent, then the airport, then through Customs (both sides of the Pond) and then from the US port of entry to you I can't see how that could get much faster ?  :rolleyes: Well done to all involved  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 09, 2022, 04:51:20 AM
Quote from: Howard of Effingham on August 09, 2022, 02:44:59 AM

If you PM me with an email address I will send you some photos.

Thanks for the heads-up, mate! Good to know.  :thumbsup:
Got a link for yours? :mellow: