My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 18, 2022, 05:58:47 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on August 18, 2022, 05:30:06 AM

I used to have a stash register, but gave it up when I realised I was making it far, far to complicated. Add to that the fact that it was based on a Lotus 123 spreadsheet and my recent laptops have all had Excel which I'm not particularly comfortable with meant I stopped updating it. Might be a project for the winter months, as long as I keep it simple  :angel: ?

I find scalemates a good tool for that. I have all the stuff in there. I also use the other features but i think it's an excellent tool for inventory purposes.

I'll have to have a look at that, ta  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

There's a kit stash package called 'Kitbase' for people like us.

I used to use it but gave up, but not because it was difficult. Back then it was free, but I'm not sure about it now.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

I used to build things like this for a living which is why I suppose I think I still can  :angel: But that was all 15 years or more ago  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Rescued from the Postal Sorting Office after an attempted delivery on Monday, this is the first day they are open at a time I can get there...

From eBay

Hataka RAF Costal Command & RN FAA Paint set HTK-BS49

BS Extra Dark Sea Grey, BS Dark Slate Grey, Sky Grey, Sky "Type S", Insignia White & Interior Grey-Green

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Old Wombat

Ordered from Hannants today (the UK is getting far too much of my cash lately!);

Section                                            Code                Description                                          QTY
Aircraft detailing sets (etched)         BRL48052        LET L-13 Blanik glider---PE parts             1
Aircraft decals (military)                    FCA48008       1936-62 Swedish Narrow Numerals        1
Aircraft decals (military)                    MS48019         Navy & Marines words-2 Sheets             2
Aircraft decals (military)                    MS48028         White-U.S.Navy And U.S.Marines...         2
Aircraft decals (military)                    MS48029         Black - U.S.Navy And U.S.Marin...             2
Aircraft decals (military)                    VA3279            RAF and RAAF 8' serial letters...              1
Aircraft decals (military)                    VA4891            8 inches RAF and Australian se...            2
Aircraft decals (military)                    X32021            RAF Serial Black Letters and N...             2
Aircraft decals (military)                    X32022            Re-printed! RAF Serial Letters...              2
Aircraft decals (military)                    X48022            Re-printed!! RAF Medium Sea Gr...            1
Aircraft decals (military)                    X48023            RAF Sky 24 inches and 30 inche...            1
Aircraft decals (military)                    X48044            Re-printed! RAF Black Letters,...               2

That should give you an idea. Hannants' system makes it far too difficult to copy, paste & edit the list of what was purchased ..... Very annoying! :angry:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rheged

Quote from: Rheged on March 30, 2022, 10:47:41 AM
A £2" bag of bits"  from a Hereford charity shop.  I think I can manage  two 1/72 Churchill tanks (to be assembled as Percy Hobart's Funnies) and enough other odds and ends to do a couple of creative things to AFV bits in the scrap box.

A further bulletin on the "bag of bits".   In the last few days, it has been variously converted into 1) a "Great Eastern" http://www.armourinfocus.co.uk/a22/ge/index.htm    2) a Churchill beach armoured recovery vehicle   3) a post WW2 Bedford with a bren gun carrier installed where the back axle should be and 4)  a pile of amorphous dross to clog up the military vehicle spares collection.   Painting/fettling to continue.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Nick

Went by Marquee Models in Harlow on Tuesday and came out with a Hawker Hunter FGA.9. This is the 'new' one from Revell in 1/144. The box says NEW but Scalemates shows it has the same artwork and markings as the one released in 2001.

46 parts, as long as my finger and looks to be well engraved. Decals are for British and Swiss aircraft but the glossy all-colour instruction book only shows the British jet.
I don't understand why Revell chose XF523 which crashed killing pilot Flt/Lt Robert Edgar Wrather in 1963.

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 18, 2022, 10:58:59 AM
Ordered from Hannants today (the UK is getting far too much of my cash lately!);

We need it  :-\ ;)

The Wooksta!

It'll just be frittered away to Tory donors and foreign corporations.

Received some decals today:
60 sqn markings from the Special Hobby Meteor NF14
Airfix Victor SR.2 unit markings for the Swallow - thanks, Gondor!
Another set of 767 Phantom markings.

And some plastic weld.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

Ok been wanting some Green Stuff putty for ages and yesterday i decided to do something about it.
So i looked online for it here..yup we have it in NZ but 2 things stopped that ..all out of stock and the price.
One group here had it in 100mm lengths and theres 2 in a packet..for $18.00NZ..nope..so a little more looking..found ESTY and for $21:05 NZ i brought 36in/915mm roll of it..its $37:40 all up..postage and gst crap..cant wait to get this and it was posted today  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Spey_Phantom

Just got back from a quick trip over the border to the north.
got some nice stash additions from the Dutch  :thumbsup:

-Revell 1/144 Hawker Hunter FGA9
-Revell 1/144 FA-18E Super Hornet (will become Maverick's superbug from Top Gun 2)
-2 x Revell 1/144 CH-47D Chinook
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on August 19, 2022, 02:00:44 PMOk been wanting some Green Stuff putty for ages and yesterday i decided to do something about it.
So i looked online for it here..yup we have it in NZ but 2 things stopped that ..all out of stock and the price.
One group here had it in 100mm lengths and theres 2 in a packet..for $18.00NZ..nope..so a little more looking..found ESTY and for $21:05 NZ i brought 36in/915mm roll of it..its $37:40 all up..postage and gst crap..cant wait to get this and it was posted today  ;D

I've seen it on Mighty Ape for pretty cheap, if you're still a bit shell-shocked from the Bricks-and-Mortar hobby shop prices...
There again, that might have been where you went, I dunno... I haven't had to get any for a while.

zenrat

These arrived from the UK.

20220820_125732 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

All white metal and all 1/72.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

I want to know what you are going to do with the Great Dane ?  ;D

If you need any reference pic's, my niece has got a lovely dappled grey one.  ;)

Gondor

Received from eBay today

1 x 1/72 Airfix Supermarine Swift FR.5 which makes a total of six which includes two that I have built and that are on the forum.

From eduard

2 x 1/72 Phantom FGR.2 zoom etch sets

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....