My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Not a model, just an 1:72 jet pipe extension for an Israeli Skyhawk - for a future project, after Israel sold its retired 1st generation A-4Hs to other operators like Indonesia. Too lazy to scratch that detail...  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 27, 2022, 11:43:45 PMNot a model, just an 1:72 jet pipe extension for an Israeli Skyhawk - for a future project, after Israel sold its retired 1st generation A-4Hs to other operators like Indonesia. Too lazy to scratch that detail...  :rolleyes:

Don't blame you, its not a straight tube either, I have a few gathered over the years.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Nick

I picked a variety of goodies at St Ives last weekend. It was a good show with a decent turnout including Martin and Richard.

At the Tombola I won the TankCraft book on the Leopard 2: NATO's First Line of Defence 1979-2020. Packed with plenty of images to guide my future tank builds. Nice bit of bedtime reading.

Purchases:

Glencoe 1/288  Three Stage Ferry Rocket. Big box, small kit inside.
Matchbox 1/72 Challenger tank
Matchbox Heinkel 70F-2
Hasegawa MS.406
Hasegawa F-20 Tigershark

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2022, 04:28:12 AMMatchbox 1/72 Challenger tank

Hasegawa MS.406

I can't remember the Matchbox Challenger and I built a lot of their 1/76 (were they 1/72 or 1/76 ?) armour.  As for the MS.406, Model Airplane International had an amazingly detailed build of it in the July and August issues. I kept having to remind myself it was 1/72.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2022, 04:28:12 AMI picked a variety of goodies at St Ives last weekend. It was a good show with a decent turnout including Martin and Richard.

At the Tombola I won the TankCraft book on the Leopard 2: NATO's First Line of Defence 1979-2020. Packed with plenty of images to guide my future tank builds. Nice bit of bedtime reading.

Purchases:

Glencoe 1/288  Three Stage Ferry Rocket. Big box, small kit inside.
Matchbox 1/72 Challenger tank
Matchbox Heinkel 70F-2
Hasegawa MS.406
Hasegawa F-20 Tigershark

My deepest condolences on the purchase of the He 70.  It was a vile build that I struggled with.  The fit is awful.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Received today from Aero Spezial Modellbauversand

1 x 1/72 Milverse (MV-72003-2) Singapore Strike Eagles 142 Sqn + ACC & FG (COC) 2016 Special Markings

From Freightdog

1 x 1/72 Dassault Etendard IVP conversion set as the reconnaissance parts were in clear resin. I may have bought this befor but without clear resin parts which if I have will be modded for something else.

From eBay

1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X72214 Foreign Hawker Hunters. This looks like a re-packageing of their earlier set X72063

Also according to eBay I received on Tuesday a 1/48 Kitty Hawk Jaguar A  :o  which I am both supprised and shocked about. Yes I did order it, Tuesday was earlier than expected for the delivery and I have seen neither hide nor hair of it or any notification that it was given to a neighbour or anything  :banghead:
I have raised a query about this, it could be possible that the tracking number for mine was mixed up with another item, however as I have only raised the issue this evening it is too early to tell.

Gondor

EDIT: Just had one of my neighbour's had me the missing parcel so I am now the owner of a decent 1.48 Jaguar A
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 28, 2022, 05:33:43 AM
Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2022, 04:28:12 AMMatchbox 1/72 Challenger tank

Hasegawa MS.406

I can't remember the Matchbox Challenger and I built a lot of their 1/76 (were they 1/72 or 1/76 ?) armour.  As for the MS.406, Model Airplane International had an amazingly detailed build of it in the July and August issues. I kept having to remind myself it was 1/72.

The Challenger 1 MBT is in 1/76. I built it many years ago and remember it as a reasonably nice build. I don't think they ever issued a 1/72 military kit, did they?

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

The Wooksta!

No. All the Matchbox armour was 76th. It was the standard scale for armour and still in use by some manufacturers* even now.

* Millicast and Matador spring to mind.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Rick Lowe

I have found a downloadable scan for the motorbike from Akira.
Now, that was one of the first things I put into a folder of scratchbuilding ideas, some 20 years ago... it's finally something I can get, so I sent the link to the printing shop at the local library.

And the distinct advantage, aside from not having to do any of the work myself, is the fact I can get it sized to whatever scale I want it in.
Goggled the size it 'should' be, there was an answer right there, so got the printshop to tweak it to that size.

5 days later and $4.50 and it's mine.

As to when it will get built, who knows - but the Stash will be happy. Or Rick is, at least.  ;)  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 02, 2022, 09:26:49 PMI have found a downloadable scan for the motorbike from Akira.
Now, that was one of the first things I put into a folder of scratchbuilding ideas, some 20 years ago... it's finally something I can get, so I sent the link to the printing shop at the local library.

And the distinct advantage, aside from not having to do any of the work myself, is the fact I can get it sized to whatever scale I want it in.
Goggled the size it 'should' be, there was an answer right there, so got the printshop to tweak it to that size.

5 days later and $4.50 and it's mine.

As to when it will get built, who knows - but the Stash will be happy. Or Rick is, at least.  ;)  :thumbsup:

That's a pretty good service.  The future of modelling right there.

Today I got, from Red Roo Models:

Transfers - Red Roo 75 Sqn RAAF Late WII P-40N - 1/72
Luftwaffe Pilots Harnesses - 1/72
High Planes Models DAP Beaufort Mk IX Beaufreighter conversion set for Airfix 1/72
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Received from the Big H

You cannot view this attachment.

I'm still surprised at just how big it was, but anyway it's a nice package as you get a small etch fret, masks for the canopy, wheels and the USN flash, a decent transfer sheet and a 3-D fret for instrument panel & seat belts/cushions etc.

It will probably get done in RNZAF colours using a scheme similar to their SWP P-40's. That's the current plan anyway, but I have to get back to the bench first.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Are you feeling alright Chris? It's a JET!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

1 x Takom Models 1/35 M114 Early & Late w/Interior [2 In 1] (TAK2154) - for RAM or Australian Army cav units
2 x Eduard Models 1/48 AIM-9B Sidewinder for Eduard kit (ED 648028) - 4 missiles per set, so 2 for the Valmet Kalpa (Sword) & 6 for other projects
1 x ICM Models 1/48 USAF Observation Aircraft Cessna O-2A Skymaster Late Production (ICM 48292) - possibly RAM's but more likely Army FO
1 x Academy Models 1/48 Hughes 500D Police Helicopter (AC 12249) - was looking for something cheap to make up the free postage amount & this looked like a likely fun subject, comes with & figure & a motorcycle
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 03, 2022, 08:27:32 AMAre you feeling alright Chris? It's a JET!  :o

Shhh! Don't distract/discourage the man when he's talking about making something in RNZAF markings! ;)

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 03, 2022, 07:31:12 PM1 x Academy Models 1/48 Hughes 500D Police Helicopter (AC 12249) - was looking for something cheap to make up the free postage amount & this looked like a likely fun subject, comes with & figure & a motorcycle

Does anyone else now have the "CHiPs" theme running through their heads? ;D  :thumbsup: