My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

I've got one of those MPM XP-47H's in the stash and it's an early MPM kit, so be prepared for some work and it might be worth your while to pick up a cheap normal" P-47 kit rather than cleaning up some of the smaller parts..

Those early MPM kits do go together, but as said need a little work  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 06, 2022, 01:43:53 AMI've got one of those MPM XP-47H's in the stash and it's an early MPM kit, so be prepared for some work and it might be worth your while to pick up a cheap normal" P-47 kit rather than cleaning up some of the smaller parts..

Those early MPM kits do go together, but as said need a little work  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the warning, Chris!  :thumbsup:
The fact is that i knew what i was buying and you're right, i will have to buy another P-47 kit but it'll donate more than just a few parts... for now i'll just say that i have a different P-47H in mind... :wacko:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Old Wombat

Just ordered from BNA:

1 x Armor35 1/35 Village Girl (resin) (ARM3514BG) - post-apocalypse figure
1 x Armor35 1/35 Fantasy Girl Stalker (ARM35932) - post-apocalypse figure
2 x AK-Interactive 1/35 FJ43 SUV with Hard Top (AK-35001) - Not as cheap as I'd like but I would have bought more if I was wealthy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

AeroplaneDriver

Home tonight from a few days in Blighty to find a box from the eBay Fairy:

1/72 Italeri Jaguar T.2
1/72 Italeri F-84F Thunderstreak
1/72 Italeri HH-60H Seahawk
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: DogfighterZen on November 05, 2022, 02:13:20 PM

It's quite a crude model kit. The propeller is horrible, IIRC, and general fit is mediocre  at best. Locator pins are missing, too.
I kitbashed mine with a Heller P-47M many years ago.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 07, 2022, 02:41:12 AM

It's quite a crude model kit. The propeller is horrible, IIRC, and general fit is mediocre  at best. Locator pins are missing, too.

:mellow:
Yep, the kit itself is pretty poor but i'm not building it. My plan is very much like you did, i'm buying a bubbletop P-47 to kitbash it with this one.
I do have a Tamiya Razorback in the stash but as soon as I saw the MPM kit, i wanted to do a bubbletop P-47H. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Dizzyfugu

Yup, somewhat of a natural evolution if this variant had entered the production stage.  :thumbsup:

kerick

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 06, 2022, 01:17:41 AM
Quote from: kerick on November 05, 2022, 05:04:07 PMI was at the Butch O'Hare show today and scored a grail kit. DB conversions RB-57F vacuform and resin kit to go with the B-57B I picked up at my clubs show. Now I need some NASA decals.

Measure the dia. of the big fan intakes, and make sure they really are 1/72 scale! The early mouldings were done in 1/82 scale, and that's how the PR19 came to be.

Do you know what the diameter should be for 1/72? RW or kit size would work for me. At least it looks like nice clean casting.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

The Wooksta!

Quote from: DogfighterZen on November 07, 2022, 05:45:08 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 07, 2022, 02:41:12 AM

:mellow:
Yep, the kit itself is pretty poor but i'm not building it. My plan is very much like you did, i'm buying a bubbletop P-47 to kitbash it with this one.
I do have a Tamiya Razorback in the stash but as soon as I saw the MPM kit, i wanted to do a bubbletop P-47H. :thumbsup:

I did mine with Academy wings but it's yet to see primer. Perhaps I'll get the decals I'm after for it at the weekend.

If I had another, the engine could well end up drowning in silicon...

Remind me which way the prop rotates?  Mine has long since vanished.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 07, 2022, 07:54:21 AMI did mine with Academy wings but it's yet to see primer. Perhaps I'll get the decals I'm after for it at the weekend.

The prop turns to the right or clockwise, when looking from the pilot's view, Lee.
Regarding the kit, i would like to bash it with a late model P-47 so i understand why Dizzy went with the Heller M kit. I Have both the previously mentioned Tamiya razorback and the Academy bubbletop kits but the M/N had different wings and dorsal fillet so i'm still trying to decide which kit i wanna use in the conversion.

Wardukw

Arrived in the mail today from the lovely folks at Creative  Models in the UK is a ...

1 x Hobbyboss 1/48th FW TA 152 C-11  ;D  ;D  ;D ..

After all these years I finally have one  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Just collected from the printers at the Library:

2X S.H.A.D.O. Mobiles to approx 1/72
a Buck Rogers Starfighter to approx 1/72
a VAB 4X4 in 1/72
a Massey Fergusson TE-20 tractor resized to 1/32, to be used for a Commonwealth Antarctic Expedition version (MUCH cheaper and more readily available than the only other option in that scale, a diecast).

All found online for free download so the printing was the only cost, and it came in at just under $30 Kiwibucks. Bargain!

And still more to do...

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: DogfighterZen on November 07, 2022, 02:40:42 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 07, 2022, 07:54:21 AMI did mine with Academy wings but it's yet to see primer. Perhaps I'll get the decals I'm after for it at the weekend.

The prop turns to the right or clockwise, when looking from the pilot's view, Lee.
Regarding the kit, i would like to bash it with a late model P-47 so i understand why Dizzy went with the Heller M kit. I Have both the previously mentioned Tamiya razorback and the Academy bubbletop kits but the M/N had different wings and dorsal fillet so i'm still trying to decide which kit i wanna use in the conversion.

I recommend the Academy kit. While the Heller M offers the square wings and the fin fillet, it has raised details and is IMHO not as crisp and easy to handle as the Academy P-47D.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 08, 2022, 01:24:06 AMI recommend the Academy kit. While the Heller M offers the square wings and the fin fillet, it has raised details and is IMHO not as crisp and easy to handle as the Academy P-47D.

Thanks for the suggestion, Dizzy!  :thumbsup:
I did realize that the changes needed to make the academy P-47D look like the N variant aren't many so I'll probably use that one.

Dizzyfugu

IMHO the Heller donor is only worthwhile if you want the M look, but it has (some) weaknesses.