My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

The one I'm after Mac has the Hiab crane which I think is set 3854 or part 2 to the 3 sets out there
This set used to have a hydraulic ramp has well but that's gone now..it's full of custom bits I don't think I'll have much use for ..I want the crane above all else.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

McColm

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on November 10, 2022, 12:44:34 AMThe one I'm after Mac has the Hiab crane which I think is set 3854 or part 2 to the 3 sets out there
This set used to have a hydraulic ramp has well but that's gone now..it's full of custom bits I don't think I'll have much use for ..I want the crane above all else.
No it's not the crane set set,although I did pounder over buying it.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: kitbasher on November 09, 2022, 11:33:35 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on November 08, 2022, 02:15:09 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 08, 2022, 01:24:06 AMI recommend the Academy kit. While the Heller M offers the square wings and the fin fillet, it has raised details and is IMHO not as crisp and easy to handle as the Academy P-47D.

Thanks for the suggestion, Dizzy!  :thumbsup:
I did realize that the changes needed to make the academy P-47D look like the N variant aren't many so I'll probably use that one.

While IMHO the Heller Jug is a poor kit, it's good whif donor potential.

As for raised details, use them as templates for scribing recessed panel lines or just sand them smooth.

Well, i also thought of that but the amount of work that it takes to scribe the whole kit is just too much for what it is. I engraved all the panel lines on the Italeri 1/72 YF-23 using that method but it's something i wanna avoid doing again. Anyway, even if I hadn't bought the Italeri kit, options wouldn't be too hard to find, I'm just being picky. ;)
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

You're talking about box No. 720 rather than 764 which us shown. The HIAB is in Box 3854.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Truck Shop Accessories is the set I have.

Truck Accessories for European and US Trucks is the set Mac has.

Truck Accessories Set II is the set DUKWy is after.

I visited the closest LHS today and left with a Zvezda 1/144 Tu-134A/B-3.  It's a long time since I built an airliner (last one was a caravelle about 40 years ago) and i've always liked the Soviet stuff with the glass noses.  The Aeroflot transfers will come in usefull elsewhere.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

Truck Accessories for European and US Trucks is the set Mac has.
Yes that's correct

Wardukw

The numbers for those accessories sets don't match..I know they came out originally pretty damn close together..the HIAB set came with of course the crane ..a fold down hydraulic tail gate/ramp and other bits ..now it's all chrome which there was very little of before.
The original set number was 776 ..a little googleing found it and man there's bugger all in that set when ya look at it now . ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Rescued from my local Post Office as the parcle was Parcel Force rather than Royal Mail

1 x 1/72 eduard Bf110G-4 Weekend Edition 7465. Will be real world option D from the decals provided. Bit dissapointed as a large Greenhouse part was broken, however the instructions say that the part is not used so not a problem. Used to have a Revell Kit of this decades years ago and I wanted to replace it and this happened to turn up in eduards recent sale  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

AeroplaneDriver

Little package from Sprue Brothers today...

Special Hobby 1/48 AH-1G Cobra.  Looks a lovely kit and it's a while since I did a helo so may start this one soon as a Royal Marines Falklands gunship. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on November 10, 2022, 03:46:44 AMI visited the closest LHS today and left with a Zvezda 1/144 Tu-134A/B-3.  It's a long time since I built an airliner (last one was a caravelle about 40 years ago) and i've always liked the Soviet stuff with the glass noses.  The Aeroflot transfers will come in usefull elsewhere.

You'll like that, it's a cracking little kit, with the emphasis on 'little'.

It looks even smaller than a Trident or a BAC 1-11, but it isn't really, it's just a bit more skinny I think.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Yup, the Tu-134 is/was a very slender aircraft, and the swept wings and the T-tail emphasize this even further.

Steel Penguin

a large mpc Hawk fighter, to go with the space 1999 eagles
and a hasagawa NERV coupe 1:24 from neon Genesis evegelion  possibly to keep   possibly for my younger brother for Christmas
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Howard of Effingham

From the first day of SMW2022....

1/48 Amusing Hobby Me-262 HG111 [variant with wing root engines]
1/48 Dragon Me-262 A1-a [with the all important R4M unguided rockets]
1/48 Kinetic T-45A and T-45C Goshawk [two much wanted models both to be real world ones}
1/72 Modelsvit Mirage 4000
1/72 Airfix DH Beaver
1/72 Airfix Handley Page Jetstream
1/72 Matchbox Blackburn Buccaneer S2
1/72 Airfix IA58 Pucara [from our very own kitbasher.]

Multi scale assortment of resin, etch and few tins of paint.

Lots of people to catch up with.
Keeper of George the Cat.

kitbasher

At Scale Modelworld today (all kits and decals 1/72):

Airfix Vintage Classic boxings of the Airfix Beagle Basset and DHC-2 Beaver
Freightdog RR Eagle engine conversion set for a long-planned Hawker P.1030 project
a pre-loved Revell Catalina II
a pre-loved Revell B-24D Liberator
Blue Rider Croation Air Force 1991-1992 decals
Kora Decals Swiss Air Force Doflug D.3800
Modeldecal sheets 75 and 94
2 x Almark sheet A9/10 Type A and A1 British roundels
Also Humbrol filler, a bottle of liquid poly plus some paints.

from The Wooksta!
  • resin bits to build an early iteration of the Hawker P.1067 (it'll go well with the P.1067 as it looked on 2 May 1949 - https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?msg=926208)
  • plastic parts to build a Hawker P.1089 (a tiny delta-wing project that looks very much like a Blue Steel with wings).
  • other resin bits and bobs - especially Lightning main wheel doors
thanks for all of those, Lee.

From Dominic McEvoy a pre-loved Aeroclub Vampire T11, an RR Eagle conversions set and Air Decals Royal De Havillands decals (cheers Dom)

From Howard of Effingham an A-6 Intruder and a Vampire T11/Focke-Wulf Flitzer mashup - both models in need of a good home - I will take good care of them Trevor!

But best all was meeting up with the SIGgers.  Shame I couldn't do Sunday as well
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Only having one day at SMW 22 I limited my purchases this time, ,so I only got two U-2 kits, one Airfix and one by Apache, which seems to be a Minicraft knock off, a Monogram F-82 Twin Mustang, a Frieghtdog Eagle Tempest conversion, which WON'T be going on a Tempest, and an Airfix swift FR5.

Plus some lovely resin from The Wooksta, which may appear later on next year in assembled form.                                                                       
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit