My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on January 01, 2022, 11:13:49 PM
When i was a member of another armour model website a dude there built the Ratte in 35th scale..he had to use 16th scale King Tiger road wheels and i think 10 full set of tracks to get the lenght and width of the thing and yep Ricks on the money..the thing is massive..like 1200mm long or longer..i dont remember for sure.
Anyone who wants to build one will need 3 things ..money..time and a heap of space .
At one point i was going to build the SPG verison of the Ratte using the main gun copied from a Dora rail gun ..when i did the mesurements ..ummm yeah i kinda changed my mind.

There was one of the P1500 SPGs in 72nd on a stand next to the What If SIG stand at Telford.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

Damn thats cool Wooksta mate..i can imagine it wasn't very small even in 72nd..now imagine it in 35th   :lol:
All in all thou models that big are great for museums but technically they are kinda boring..well the Ratte is..its just a huge box with guns..the SPG would have a ton more detail which is why i wanted to build it but its hell big..very very big.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Well, last purchase of 2021 was the first delivered in 2022.  :mellow:

Still waiting for the Italeri Super etendard, a set of Reskit's Python5 missiles and a Special hobby Spitfire Mk.22.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

Snaffled on eBay for a relative pittance, a genuine (I think, I'll know more when it arrives) Frog DH Venom, albeit assembled and painted.

And yes, I mean Venom, their rivetty 50s kit, not their later Sea Venom.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

zenrat

Went to buy paintbrushes.  Came home with one of these.

I'm not a fan of modern jets but this one has something about it that caught my eye.  I has a sci fi or anime look to it IMO.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on January 07, 2022, 04:14:51 AM
Went to buy paintbrushes.  Came home with one of these.

I'm not a fan of modern jets but this one has something about it that caught my eye.  I has a sci fi or anime look to it IMO.

How on Earth did that happen? :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

In this case, our Funko Pop! stash...with Xanathar the Beholder (left) and Tiamat, the five headed goddess of chromatic dragons
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

The Wooksta!

Had a built up VEB Su-7 donated.  May end up as an in flight Olympus P6 in Indian markings.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

Having discovered that the horrible ZTS tool Hunter is a better basis for a P.1067, I just snagged on on eBay for a reasonable price.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Rick Lowe

I just pulled the trigger (or the 'enter' button, if you prefer) on one of these

https://www.acornmodels.co.nz/products/diecast-models/diecast-miscellaneous/98322/

Not cheap, but a pretty esoteric subject and scale, and who knows when or even if it will ever be available again.
And it's nice to see that the OZ Classics range seems to have come back.

Spey_Phantom

first stash growth of the new year, just scored on the secondhand market online tonight:

-Arii 1/144 P-3C orion
-Minicraft 1/144 B-17G Flying Fortress
-Minicraft 1/144 PBY-5A Catalina
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 07, 2022, 12:03:26 PM
Having discovered that the horrible ZTS tool Hunter is a better basis for a P.1067, I just snagged on on eBay for a reasonable price.

Glad you found out that as a Hunter they were not good as it saves me finding out. I wonder how bad their Javelins are?  :-\

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

I knew it was a horrible kit hours after I bought it years back and have tried to advise people to avoid it ever since.

I dug it out as I knew the tailplane is one piece and thus ideal for the T-tail Hunter. I saw then the narrow section fuselage and saw it would be a decent basis, after some surgery, for a P.1067 early Hunter design. Except I only had the one fuselage half, the other one has vanished, hence buying another.

As for their Javelin...  Ask the question on Britmodeller as I know one or two there have tried it.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 07, 2022, 01:57:00 PM

I dug it out as I knew the tailplane is one piece and thus ideal for the T-tail Hunter. I saw then the narrow section fuselage and saw it would be a decent basis, after some surgery, for a P.1067 early Hunter design. Except I only had the one fuselage half, the other one has vanished, hence buying another.

That's the Mistercraft one that I got recently, isn't it?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Perfectly correct.

The only 72nd Hunters worth getting are the Revell kits or the Airfix FGA9.  As it's the only T-bird available, I'd very begrudgingly recommend the Xtrakit one.

Yes, there are resin kits about, but very limited and decidedly expensive or long OOP.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: