Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

A couple of items arrived from the big yellow H today

1 x 1/72 Model Alliance MAS-729021 RAF Tempest Mk.ii/F.2/F.6 decals

1 x 1/72 Xtradecals X72301 E.E. Canberra B.2 Collection

1 x 1/72 KP Hawker Tempest Mk.V "486. NZ) SQ"

1 x 1/144 Micro Mir Blackburn Beverley

1 x 1/72 AMP Canberra T. Mk.11

And lastly from the big yellow H and reason I did a little shopping whitch ended with free shipping...

1 x 1/72 Hi-Decal 72-063 F-4E Phantom II. These are for Egyptian aircraft

and finally from eBay

1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X72123 Hawker Hunter T. Mk.7 Two Seater.

Gondor

P.S. This version of the KP Tempest only has the one engine type, it does not have the radial engine on the sprues.
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Parcel of random bits and bobs arrived from the Isle of Arran today, three of which may well end up underneath a Vulcan.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on February 01, 2022, 11:51:07 AM

P.S. This version of the KP Tempest only has the one engine type, it does not have the radial engine on the sprues.

Nice fitting kit  :thumbsup: Only bit that required a little care and attention was the wing leading edge inserts where they've tooled up for the necessary Mk II and VI inserts.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Another nice little kit arrived today

1 x 1/72 Whirlybird WPX72044Whirlwind HAR.10 84 Squadron, RAF, Cyprus

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Spey_Phantom

on order:

2 x Mini Hobby Models 1/144 P-47D Thunderbolt.

these will be used as a parts source, the props are earmarked for a 1/144 B-26 marauder im currently restoring.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

chrisonord

From our very own  Mr Lost Cosmonaut, a pair of the fun sized  blue steel  missiles,  designed to be carried by TSR 2, and 4 skyflash missiles. The mini bluesteel missiles could  get slung underneath a  mirage IV on its centre line, the other possibly on a TSR 2.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

AeroplaneDriver

A couple of boxes from the eBay Fairy today...happy with one...one not so much.

1/48 Accurate Miniatures IL-2 on Skis-very nice.

1/48 Monogram MG-TF & F-16A.  I got this lot mainly for the MG, but had plans for the F-16 using the prototype markings included. 

The F-16 was listed as "worn box, but new kit inside".  Turns out the 'new' kit is actually almost completely assembled, very crudely with large gaps and the cockpit left out completely.  It's basically useless other than for a few parts or kitbashing fodder.  The MG was listed as an "additional bonus kit".  It's in good condition for a 1982 kit but the seller wrapped both kits in strong, tight rubber bands so both boxes are crushed considerably.  I'll be expecting a refund on this one.   :banghead: :angry:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Wardukw

Arrived in the mail today..

1x 48th Monogram B24 J Liberator.
1x 48th Monogram B17 G Flying Fortress.
1x 48th Revell F/A18 E Super Hornet.
1x 48th Hobby Boss P40 M Kitty Hawk..didnt even know about this one  :lol:
A pile of old used sprues with a heap of goddies  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: chrisonord on February 02, 2022, 02:22:36 PM
From our very own  Mr Lost Cosmonaut, a pair of the fun sized  blue steel  missiles,  designed to be carried by TSR 2, and 4 skyflash missiles. The mini bluesteel missiles could  get slung underneath a  mirage IV on its centre line, the other possibly on a TSR 2.

Glad you've got plans for them - I only listed them Friday and promptly sold 9 so umpteen what-iffers must have had notions.

Other ones were Fire Flash or have I been mislabelling things (always a strong possibility)? They sold well initially then petered off but I probably cannibalised a lot of my potential market by including them in the AW.58 kits

Anyhoo... to my own stash growth. Courtesy of The Wooksta! I find myself with a bundle of reference material on the Avro 729 fighter design and the parts for a 1/72 Hunter executive jet

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Gondor

Found out as I was about to leave for work that I had received another kit. It got lost in a small pile of junk mail.

From dadlamassu's sale on behalf of others

1 x 1/72 Matchbox Sea Harrier, to be used as a parts donor

Gondor

Knightflyer

Received the BAe Hawk XX154 'First & Last' 2 kit boxing from Airfix. These will be done OOB as I have a multitude of Hawk kits to whiff if required.

I thought at first that the kit was still the same 'old' mould as the one which was among the early ones I did (2006) when I restarted modelling as an adult. However I see it was a new tooling in 2008!
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Pellson

This is the result of my inability to leave Evilbay to itself. I really shouldn't, but did anyway.  :rolleyes:

The MiG currently looks very post unification German, employed as a CAS/attack platform with a scabbed-on LRTMS system, like the Danish Terma. I just need to configure the German history to accept it.  ;)

The Albatross will probably also be German, but whiffed only in colour scheme as the Marineflieger actually did fly them for a time.

And as always - everything can change is another idea pops up in my oh so unstructured mind..
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

zenrat

Received from Frontline Hobbies today.
V-54 Engine by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
I ordered this just after I finished the Tank Rod this time last year.  It was out of stock at the time but I back ordered it.  It arrived out of the blue.  No message from them to say it was in stock, just the usual post office communications - you have a parcel coming from Frontline Hobbies etc
It will be scaloramaed into another 1/25 vehicle.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Pellson on February 03, 2022, 02:10:23 AM
The MiG currently looks very post unification German, employed as a CAS/attack platform with a scabbed-on LRTMS system, like the Danish Terma. I just need to configure the German history to accept it.  ;)

Concerning the potential time frame, I'd say "not likely". German reunification was in 1990, the NVA LSK operated the Mig_19 only until 1968...  ;).

However, what about a late Chinese CAS variant, as an alternative/predecessor of the J/A-5 "Fantan", though?

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 03, 2022, 02:54:19 AM
Quote from: Pellson on February 03, 2022, 02:10:23 AM

Concerning the potential time frame, I'd say "not likely". German reunification was in 1990, the NVA LSK operated the Mig_19 only until 1968...  ;).

However, what about a late Chinese CAS variant, as an alternative/predecessor of the J/A-5 "Fantan", though?

Maybe they found it "In The Back of a Hanger" (© zenrat industries) and put it into service?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..