My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellson

Thomas - you are absolutely correct, which obviously is why I need to rewrite quite a lot of history to make it work. General basic milestones would probably have to be a much quicker collapse of the DDR regime, say early eighties, a somewhat more actively driven unification, and the much more immediate threat from the east following this, necessitating the very stressed "use-what-you-can-lay-your-filthy-fingers-on" approach by the Bundeswehr needed to reach for such old airframes as the MiG-19. And even -17, actually, as I have one of those left in my Luftwaffe pile as well.. ;)

We'll see. Luckily, it's very very much whiff.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Pellson

Something came to mind, and it seems you have already provided me with a good part of the backstory solution, Thomas...  ;D

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=45142.msg806644#msg806644

Rheged

See Kit's Second Rule of Whiffery, sometimes  known as Rheged's Theorem:  A good backstory can adjust reality and smooth over apparent  discrepancies.

One can also quote Emerson   (Ralph Waldo)  " An excessive regard for  consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds"................so if there is a small hole in the fabric of  your construct, just shout  "Emerson!"  an carry on as if the was no problem.

And that concludes today's boring lesson in applied philosophy.

Much more importantly.........I've actually finished another model!  My stash has actually shrunk slightly.  Aeons ago, Rheged minor produced a rather nice Dapol 2-6=0 Mogul steam engine in Furness Railway haematite red with copper pipework.  I'd promised to make a suitable display stand.   Using a Dapol turntable kit, it's now displayed with a photo of Barrow docks in the background. That's one I started 5 years ago finished!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

If there aren't pics on view it, never happened.................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

A few items arrived today from various sources

1 x 1/72 Eduard Desert Babes 2137. My second purchase of this kit mainly because of the price and all the extras that come with it.

1 x 1/72 Combat Conversions CC72-011 BAE Sea Harrier FRS.1 "Falklands Fighter"
1 x 1/72 Combat Conversions CC72-003 Lockheed C-130K Hercules W.2  Bought because I saw it and it is something different, I also have several Italeri C-130's in the stash

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 03, 2022, 10:38:17 AM

Fake News!!!  ;)

Pellson

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 03, 2022, 10:55:29 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 03, 2022, 10:38:17 AM

Fake News!!!  ;)

EMERSON!!

(Now, where's the backstory to that..?   ;D)

Gondor

Arrived today from eBay

2 x 1/72 Eduard SS201 F-4E interior detail sets. Got them as I have some F-4E's that will need a little lift in the cockpit area and there are far easier to use than trying to paint the cockpit.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Gondor on February 03, 2022, 11:11:55 AM

1 x 1/72 Eduard Desert Babes 2137. My second purchase of this kit mainly because of the price and all the extras that come with it.

Its a very good kit.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Gondor

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on February 05, 2022, 04:55:03 AM

Its a very good kit.

It's the Revell kit with lots of extras  :wub:

Gondor

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Gondor on February 05, 2022, 05:21:41 AM
Quote from: Howard of Effingham on February 05, 2022, 04:55:03 AM

Its a very good kit.

It's the Revell kit with lots of extras  :wub:

I have one myself.
Keeper of George the Cat.

AeroplaneDriver

Made the hour long trip to the "local" model shop today.  I only make it up there a few times a year so I splurged...

1/48 HobbyBoss TA-7C
1/72 Revell Hunter FGA.9.  Seems this one is getting hard to find so snapped it up at a good price. 
1/144 Revell A-321 NEO.  Gotta get some American Airlines decals for this one to make it a 'work plane' on a nice stand. 

Big selection of paints and supplies including Tamiya tape, Extra Thin Cement, and aerosol cans of flat clear and white primer, Revell aerosol Aluminium, some brushes, some CAA, and some Vallejo Model Air bottles that I was in need of.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

zenrat

From Alan's sale in aid of three widows I today received an Airfix 54mm Indian Lancer and a Revell (nee Matchbox) M16 Meat Chopper half track.
Quad 50 mount from the M16 might go well on a plane...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Two items received today, from eBay

1 x 1/72 Hasagawa 00820 F-4F Phantom II "JG72 Westfalen Special 2001" To be operated by another country as an F-4E so the special markings don't matter.

From Gannet Models

1 x 1/72 Fairy FD3

Gondor

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: Gondor on February 07, 2022, 05:23:53 AM
From Gannet Models

1 x 1/72 Fairy FD3

Gondor

Excellent, glad it arrived ok

Ferries running today so my postie rocked up with a fetching Blue Water missile reference for me from @chrisonord & two parcels went off hopefully to land on doormats tomorrow
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"