My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

I've built at least 5 of them  ;D Nice little kit  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Spey_Phantom

just placed a small order

-1/32 Eurocopter EC135 "Red Bull"

this is gonna be painted in the colors of our new local EMS Helicopter, will join 5 other 1/72 versions im about to build.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on February 19, 2022, 03:34:23 AM
Went to the LHS yesterday for some paint.  They had very little.  In fact the shelves were looking worryingly sparse.  The staff blamed this on supply difficulties due to you know what.

That's becoming the norm at the moment (I've seen it in three different model shops here in Adelaide, all with the same reason), Fred, & not just for models or model related items.

Cars & parts, timber, electronics/computers & parts, pretty much everything manufactured overseas is in short supply.

Even the rifle I ordered last week is going to take 12 months to get here from Finland, when it would normally have taken up to 6 months if I had to wait for a build batch.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Same problem here Guy...the only paint i can get from my not so LHS is Ammo..they have a bloody good selection but the Tamiya paints are nearly nonexistent..shevles are nearly empty.
That rifle your getting from Finland means you have great taste in weapons matey  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 19, 2022, 10:29:06 PM
Went to the LHS yesterday for some paint.  They had very little.  In fact the shelves were looking worryingly sparse.  The staff blamed this on supply difficulties due to you know what.

That's becoming the norm at the moment (I've seen it in three different model shops here in Adelaide, all with the same reason), Fred, & not just for models or model related items.

Cars & parts, timber, electronics/computers & parts, pretty much everything manufactured overseas is in short supply.

Even the rifle I ordered last week is going to take 12 months to get here from Finland, when it would normally have taken up to 6 months if I had to wait for a build batch.

I hope you don't need it before then.

The paint I was after was Tamiya semi gloss black acrylic.  Today I found I already had two brand new pots of it i'd forgotten about.  I presume I have two because I had forgotten i'd bought the first one.  Lucky they were out of it really...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on February 20, 2022, 02:41:33 AM

The paint I was after was Tamiya semi gloss black acrylic.  Today I found I already had two brand new pots of it i'd forgotten about.  I presume I have two because I had forgotten i'd bought the first one.  Lucky they were out of it really...

It has crossed my mind, I hope not, too! :-\

You could have asked me, I think I've got about 4 unopened. ;)

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 20, 2022, 04:22:27 AM
Quote from: zenrat on February 20, 2022, 02:41:33 AM

It has crossed my mind, I hope not, too! :-\

You could have asked me, I think I've got about 4 unopened. ;)

I did a quick stock take and have ordered five pots of Gunze Mr Colour Acrylic from Metro Hobbies.  Everything I wanted was in stock with them which is reassuring.
The staff in my LHS has previously told me they have trouble getting what they want from suppliers anyway because they are not a big store - they get last dibs basically.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

I lied (well, not really; I was mistaken), I only have 1 unopened semi-gloss black ... 2 unopened flat black & 4 unopened gloss black & I'm down to 1 opened jar of NATO Black & I've run out of Rubber Black :o

From Hobby Habit today yesterday;

1 x Rye Field Models 1/35 German Staff Car Type 82E (5023) - WW2 Beetle which I'll probably civilianise & post-date a bit.
1 x Gecko Models 1/35 LARC-V (Vietnam War) US Army Amphibious Cargo Vehicle (35GM0038) - I could try for a RW Australian Army version but I'm, obviously, going to do a Royal Aust. Marines version instead.

AeroplaneDriver

From Colin at Freightdog, 1/72 Hawk T.2 conversion set.  A very nice looking little conversion.  The Sabre missiles look lovely.  I'm really hoping these become available individually since they work on a lot of Cold War Whifs.  I would especially LOVE to see them in 1/48.    ;) ;D

Pretty please Colin... 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

The Wooksta!

Club night and was given a box of assembled and finished US stuff sans wheels.  I have ZERO interest in anything american but took them as potential scratchbodge fodder.
The box comprised:
Airfix Banshee - repaint as either RN or RAN
Airfix Skyray - that is getting passed on
Hasegawa Panther - repaint as that CAC project that looks very simiar
Unknown P51B Mustang, probably Airfix.  That's getting passed on.

The Banshee did give me an idea for a potential reusre of the fuselage for a Hawker project. P.1048 I think.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 17, 2022, 08:25:49 PM
Quote from: zenrat on February 17, 2022, 02:57:15 AM
.  I'll replace it with something from the engines box.  Small block Chevy or early Hemi maybe.

To modify a line from Tool Time, "A GM or Dodge donk in a Ford? Good thing you don't live in Detriot. That's pretty much a Felony, there."

But I like the way you think...  ;D :thumbsup:

Its not a Ford.  It's  Kaiser.  The "ford" engine would have been installed when it was being turned into a Gasser.

Oops, my bad - in my defense, it was a (very) quick message posted before the computer time expired at the library, and on a quick inspection looked like a 50's Victoria... I shall do some penance by gazing at pictures of old autos...

nighthunter

Got myself a present, a Revell 1/72 Eurocopter Tiger/Tigre, making it Irish Air Corps. It'll be a blend of the HAP and UHT versions to become the Tiger HGA (Héileacaptar Gasóga Armtha, Armed Scout Helicopter). As Thomas beat me to the punch with the Finnish APH, lol!
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

zenrat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 21, 2022, 08:08:04 PM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 17, 2022, 08:25:49 PM
Quote from: zenrat on February 17, 2022, 02:57:15 AM
.  I'll replace it with something from the engines box.  Small block Chevy or early Hemi maybe.

To modify a line from Tool Time, "A GM or Dodge donk in a Ford? Good thing you don't live in Detriot. That's pretty much a Felony, there."

But I like the way you think...  ;D :thumbsup:

Its not a Ford.  It's  Kaiser.  The "ford" engine would have been installed when it was being turned into a Gasser.

Oops, my bad - in my defense, it was a (very) quick message posted before the computer time expired at the library, and on a quick inspection looked like a 50's Victoria... I shall do some penance by gazing at pictures of old autos...

That's pleasure not penance.  Penance would be gazing at pictures of modern downmarket Asian SUVs.
:unsure:
Fred