My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

Been in a bit of a Modeling lull recently but decided to jump on the bandwagon and got a Great Wall MiG-29.  Looks like an absolutely lovely kit. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

The Wooksta!

Snagged a pair of built up Venoms on ebay - Frog/Novo Sea Venom and a Rareplanes Venom FB4.  Also got a micey Russian kit of an La-15.  Sure I had one but don't know what happened to it.

A small care package arrived from Alistair yesterday, comprising two Blue Water missiles for my SR187 Thunderbird FG2, a 48th Astronaut, two Robbie the Robot figures, and some gash DH117 bits to replace the goushed u/c on mine.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Received from eBay today

1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X72-047 Hawker Hunter F. Mk 9/FR10 as I have an FR 10 slowly on the go at the moment and wanted to use the 4 Squadron markings, my other set got used on a P.1121.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Won on ebay:
Novo Fairey Delta II
Novo Percival Proctor.  This will be getting two engines, similar to Dave's, but will be RAF.  Possibly a post war 607 Sqn hack.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Leading Observer

New Airfix Tempest Mk.V arrived in this mornings post :thumbsup:
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

nighthunter

Won this weekend, on a FB group:

HobbyBoss 1/72 Grumman F4F-3 Wildcat

I gave away the decals to someone who didn't have them, as I've got plenty and I'm doing a bird from the Lady Lex during the Battle of the Coral Sea.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

DogfighterZen

Well, this whole "modelling co-worker/mate" thing is nice but i feel it won't be good for my bank account...
He asked me for advice on masking tape because he only had a cheap type which had left glue residue on a model.
I obviously told him about the tapes i know of that don't do that and he asked me where he could find them.
I did have plans for ordering a kit so i went on the Warkit store site and ordered 3 sizes of Vallejo masking tape and the kit i wanted... and a few more came along for company. :rolleyes: ;D

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Hobbes

arrived a few weeks ago: Zvezda Boeing 757. Will be used for an unbuilt Fokker project.

arrived today: Revell Airbus A380. I've been thinking about a replacement for the An-124.

Old Wombat

Whilst killing time waiting to pick up my wife from the Adelaide CBD, I stopped in at a LHS near the city.

Just looking! Promise! :thumbsup:

Well, anyway, somehow a 1/72 Airfix Vulcan B.2 snuck into the back of the Navara & came home with me. Seriously, I've absolutely no idea how it got in there! :angel:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 09, 2022, 01:33:28 AM
Whilst killing time waiting to pick up my wife from the Adelaide CBD, I stopped in at a LHS near the city.

Just looking! Promise! :thumbsup:

Well, anyway, somehow a 1/72 Airfix Vulcan B.2 snuck into the back of the Navara & came home with me. Seriously, I've absolutely no idea how it got in there! :angel:

Well, i know... :wacko:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on March 08, 2022, 08:51:32 AM
Warkit store site and ordered 3 sizes of Vallejo masking tape and the kit i wanted... and a few more came along for company. :rolleyes: ;D

Nice selection  :thumbsup:

Meanwhile a box arrived from the Big H which contained a new tool Airfix Tempest, KP Tempest II and a large box which is for onward shipping  :angel:

Will probably work on the Tempests together so as to compare and contrast
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 09, 2022, 05:33:36 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on March 08, 2022, 08:51:32 AM
Warkit store site and ordered 3 sizes of Vallejo masking tape and the kit i wanted... and a few more came along for company. :rolleyes: ;D

Nice selection  :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:
I wanted the MPM kit for a conversion so it will probably donate parts for another build. Either that one or the Brengun kit i also want to buy.
Also been looking at those Tempest kits... may end up getting one or two... :rolleyes: :mellow:
And the one i received in that box made my stash count go over 200 kits... this has to stop...  :angel: :wacko:

Rheged

Quote from: DogfighterZen on March 09, 2022, 06:03:01 AM

And the one i received in that box made my stash count go over 200 kits... this has to stop...  :angel: :wacko:

Panto season is late this year......altogether now "Oh no it doesn't"

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

JayBee

Well said that man.  :thumbsup:

My stash currently stands at 460 and I consider myself as small fry compared to some both in this forum and else where.

I also have 45 started projects, and numerous kits with bits removed for various reasons.
Resin and VacForm conversion, don't even ask.

It makes me feel comfortable.  :rolleyes: :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Wardukw

Common excuse used by model builders..
Some is nice ..more is better  :thumbsup: :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .