My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Nick on March 11, 2022, 03:17:14 AM

In which case it could be possible to wander in the highest reaches of Kits attic and reappear in the darkest part of Martins freight containers. Oook!

And who says you CAN'T do that now?

How do you think I manage to get from my house in Glos. to my friend's place in Northants. so fast these days?  ;) ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Received from the BIG H today, or rather collected from the local sorting office...

2 x 1/72 Airfix A02109 Hawker Tempest Mk,V One to be converted to a Mk,VI using the Freightdog Conversion set.

1 x 1/72 KP KPM0226 Hawker Tempest F.2 "Export" probably as a Pakistani version as per the box art.

1 x 1/72 Flightpath Hawker Hunter Detail & Display Set for Revell Kit. Lots and lots of etch includeing a trolly and detailing parts for the Gunpack  :o

From eBay

1 x 1/72 USAirfix Cessna 0-2

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Lost Cosmonauts

Thanks to the kindness of PR19_Kit I have a shiny new set of RAE photographic reference mark decals, thanks!
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on March 11, 2022, 09:59:48 AM

Thanks to the kindness of PR19_Kit I have a shiny new set of RAE photographic reference mark decals, thanks!

Fair exchange Alistair, there's a Swallow sitting on my build mat right now.  ;D

If anyone else is interested these are the things Alistair's talking about, they appeared quite frequently on UK test and prototype aircraft. Currently in two sizes, 5 mm and 8 mm , but they're easily scaleable.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Just snagged a vac form Su-7 on the bay of evil.  Decidedly cheap and another donor fuselage. Looks like a very early one sans the bulge at the back.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Dizzyfugu

From UK via ev!lbay, a vintage Doyusha kit of a a "Bushman" mecha from the Dougram anime series.
Postage and customs to Continental Europe are huge (almost the same as the kit's price!), but the seller made an offer I could not refuse...

Gondor

A couple of little items arrived from eBay today

1 x 1/72 Wolfpack WP72031 Hawker Hunter F.1/2/4/5 Conversion set

1 x 1/72 Freightdog FDR72007 Typhoon Mk.IIb 'cookoo doors' (Two intakes for Airfix Kit)

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

JayBee

Well to-day SWMBO and I went up to Glasgow, to get some material for making a window blind for our niece.
Coming away from John Lewis we just had to go by Scott's  Models, realy just to see if it is still open. It is.  :thumbsup:
He does not have a great amount of stock in yet but he did have a number if new releases in, including the Airfix Tempest V. NO I did not I am waiting for a II.
What I did come away with, despite his cry of "But thats a tank", was the Airfix 1/72 Sherman Firefly Vc.
A tank that I have always liked, and I have been intrigued to see just how good their completely moulded tracks/running gear is.
It certainly works for me, certainly in this scale.
The bits of running gear left over are now destined for another planned project. All I need is for Airfix to release another old kit in their "Vintage Classics" range.  :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Wardukw

Well gentalmens today has been one of those days ..sometimes i hate being a model builder and other days i love it and today was one of those days.
Went to Auckland to spend thr day with my mum ..every 2 weeks without fail...but i always visit my 2 fav LHS.
The first i brought 4 bottles of AMMO paint..thank you Guy and Hunter again  ;D and 2 AMMO oil paint and brush systems and then i found 3 1/144 planes aswell..a F4F..Mig23 and a F14..this lot was going to be $58.65nz..turns out i had a $20 discount..so thats $38.65 now  :thumbsup:
Trust me gents it gets far better.
2nd fav LHS..ill save time and just give ya the list.
7 cans Tamiya spray paint..all 3/4 full
7 Woodland Scenics earth colour liquid pigments..all full.
9 rolls of assorted masking tapes.
1 full bottle of Tamiya X20 thinner
5 packets of Mircobrushes..all new
4 full bottles of assorted glues + slightly used 5min quik cure epoxy resin.
6 new bottles of Modelmates weathering liquid..never heard of these.
8 bottles of some paint..all new but not name of who made it.
1 1/72 Hasagawa Aircraft weapons set No4..started.
1 1/72 Airfix Hi Tech series RAF/ NATO weapons set..started but nothing missing from either set..and lest but not least a 15mm thick pile of decals ..used and unused..aircraft and armour.
$45.00 nz the lot..its good when ya go to the same model shop for over 30yrs  ;D

Oh and 13 more mags for free .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Good haul of bits'n'bobs for not much outlay, there, Phill! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

To bloody right there mate  ;D and im not going to be pedantic enough to add it all up too.
Even tho the Tamiya spary can are like 16 or 17 bucks here ..so yup..most happy with these goodies. ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Pellson

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 15, 2022, 10:59:38 PM.
1 1/72 Airfix Hi Tech series RAF/ NATO weapons set..started but nothing missing from either set.

Awesome! The one and only reasonable way to get your hands on a set of JP233 dispensers!
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Wardukw

Yeah know i did notice those  ;D..all the bits in those two kits will come in handy for god knows what ..next is a couple of 48th scale weapons sets..if ya csn find em these days.

The Wooksta!

A very BIG box from the Isle of Arran, containing various bits for several projects and a kit for someone else.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Dizzyfugu

Unexpectedly won a Hobbycraft 1/72 CT-114 Tutor (the "Snowbirds" boxing) at ev!lbay for just EUR 7,50,-!  :lol: