My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Dizzyfugu

Yup, but probably the best one you can get of this aircraft. At least the parts fit together well.  ;)

Gondor

Arrived from sBay this morning

1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X046-72 Hawker Hunter F.6 12 Sqn, 56 Sqn, 63 Sqn, 79 Sqn/4FTS, 74 Sqn, 208 Sqn, 111 Sqn Black Arrows

1 x 1/72 Revell BAe Hawk T.1 04970: Bought because I mistakenly got two Red Arrows versions to use with the Freightdog T.2 set.  :banghead:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Yesterday from Uncle Frank
KP Hawker Tempest II - nice to see the parts for pretty much any in service Tempest are in the box.

And confession time.  I bought a Unicraft kit, based on the photos on the website.  Hawker P.1061.  Really ugly looking thing and the photos on his site showed something 3d printed.  Maybe he's eschewed his horrible resin and joined the 21st century?  No.  Just the master was 3D printed and then moulded and cast in his usual crap resin.  The smaller parts are frankly unusable, the seat is a copy of the old Frog ones from the 1960s FFS!  I maintain my stance on this conman.  Utter disappointment and at 40 notes, a very expensive one two.  Absolute parcel of dogturds.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 10, 2022, 12:16:25 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 09, 2022, 12:04:50 PM
I thought my stash was large at over 1000 at the last census, but it pales into nothingness besides OGL's, which is causing serious problems with sink holes appearing all over Northants!  :o

Not just Northants, but there have been reports of seismic events in Warwick's, Leicester, Rutland, Cambs', Bed's, Ox', Buck's and Linc's as well as half the other light infantry regiments in the British Army  :angel: Apparently the local office of the Government Disaster's Agency has to be informed every time there is a planned movement so as to put services on standby  ;)

Indeed so.

Thanks for the laughs Chris.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Dizzyfugu

I've won an MPM 1:72 He 100 kit at ev!lbay for EUR 10,-. Not bad, might end up in a standard RLM 70/71/65 Luftwaffe livery with a bigh waterline.  :lol:

zenrat

Two from Evil-Bay, one from Metro Hobbies.
Do 335A Pfeil by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Yak-141 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Sea Vixen FAW2 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Very nice Fred..at some point im gonna hunt down a 48th Vixen ..its a very cool plane as is the 335 Pfeil..another one on the hit list  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

I took some pics of a 1/1 scale Sea Vixen today, I'll post them elsewhere later on.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on March 23, 2022, 02:34:29 AM
Two from Evil-Bay, one from Metro Hobbies.
Do 335A Pfeil by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Yak-141 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

So Freestyle wings on the Arrow, and Arrow wings on the Freestyle?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Wardukw

Kit im thinking of a slight wiffy on a Vixen..i want to move the cockpit to the centre and make it a twin seater still but with the navvie behind the pilot.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: scooter on March 23, 2022, 11:43:05 AM
...So Freestyle wings on the Arrow, and Arrow wings on the Freestyle?

Actually thinking of a Focke Wulf bubble top Pfeil using FW190 nose and Do 335 tail.  But probably using the Frog two seater in the stash rather than this one.

If I had the ability to cast copies of the Yak parts a Sea Vixen with lift engines and vectoring nozzles might be interesting...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on March 24, 2022, 02:27:39 AM

Actually thinking of a Focke Wulf bubble top Pfeil using FW190 nose and Do 335 tail. 

Often wondered about a 335 with a bubble top style canopy myself  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

To be on the safe side  a 00gauge Dapol Biggin Hill locomotive kit
Superglue and modeling glue.
A tube of puty/filler

The Wooksta!

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 24, 2022, 06:25:25 AM
Quote from: zenrat on March 24, 2022, 02:27:39 AM

Actually thinking of a Focke Wulf bubble top Pfeil using FW190 nose and Do 335 tail. 

Often wondered about a 335 with a bubble top style canopy myself  :thumbsup:

I've seen a three view of what is called the Do 435, which is similar, but I think the engines were radials, or possibly Jumo 222s.  Certainly it had a bubble canopy and the top decking was flat from the top of the engine back to the tail.

Parcel arrived from Alistair, comprising single and two seat P.8s and a DH Swallow. The latter is a simple shape so it'll likely end up as an observer's model.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: