My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

In the mail today ...
Hasagawa 1/48th J.A.S.D.F Weapons set A .
Still hunting for more of these sets..might even look for a 32nd scale set..big missles..small plane ..sweet  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Ordered yesterday from BNA Model World;

1 x MAiM 1/35 Zombie - Moonwalker (1 Figure) (MAIM35241) - Post-Apocalyptic Diorama
1 x Evolution Miniatures 1/35 Stalker #1 (Post Apocalyptic) (EM-35150) - Post-Apocalyptic Diorama
1 x Evolution Miniatures 1/35 Stalker #2 (Post Apocalyptic) (EM-35151) - Post-Apocalyptic Diorama
1 x Evolution Miniatures 1/35 Post Apocalyptic Stalker Metro (2 figures) (EM-35183) - Post-Apocalyptic Diorama
1 x Vallejo 1/35 Rubble Street Section Diorama Base 14 x 14 cm (5.51 x 5.51 in) (AV SC002) - Post-Apocalyptic Diorama
1 x Meng 1/35 Israeli Heavy Armoured Personnel Carrier Namer (MENG-SS018) - NON-Post-Apocalyptic Diorama (probably ;))
2 x Aber 1/48 Barrel for 40mm Bofors Anti Aircraft Gun (AB 48L-30) - Whif WW2 Aircraft modification
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 25, 2022, 05:21:58 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on March 24, 2022, 06:25:25 AM
Quote from: zenrat on March 24, 2022, 02:27:39 AM

Actually thinking of a Focke Wulf bubble top Pfeil using FW190 nose and Do 335 tail. 

Often wondered about a 335 with a bubble top style canopy myself  :thumbsup:

I've seen a three view of what is called the Do 435, which is similar, but I think the engines were radials, or possibly Jumo 222s.  Certainly it had a bubble canopy and the top decking was flat from the top of the engine back to the tail...

I found something like that on Secret Projects labelled Do.-P.238.  Unicrap do a "kit" of it.

Most of what get labelled Do 435 are 335s with the rear engine replaced with a jet.

I did find one reference to the "real" Do.435 which was apparently planned to be a long span high altitude version of the 335.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Steel Penguin

had wander round town last week, and going into a retro toys store i spotted a Tamiya 1:350 King George V, £40...
so i came home had a check on the web, and found the new price £65+

so i went in earlyer today, checked it was all there.  including the Japanese and English instructions, plus 2 photoetch placement wax pencils, plus a new Tamiya photo etch diamond file, so its now sat on my table  :thumbsup:  Mrs SP is equally happy, my reckoning is half price, and we both agree if i don't do it, i can donate it to the Womborne model club show as a raffle prize.   :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

There were a lot of derivatives from the Do 335. AFAIK, the 435 was a high-altitude recce variant with longer wing span, IIRC Dragen even did an 1:72 kit of it, and there's at least one resin conversion set around that features the longer wings. The 635 was a long-range Zwilling for maritime reconnaissance, and there were further developments with solid noses and stronger pusher engines as heavy all-weather/night fighters that featured slightly swept wings. I have vague plans to create one of these Dornier designs some day.

63cpe

At the Lingenshow (Germany) bought myself:
a 1/72 Antares Junkers Ju-488 (Thanks TomZ),
a 1/72 Maquette B307 Stratoliner (only 27 euro's, it's a steal!)
a Lindberg 1:96 Victor,
a 1:96 Novo Comet 4
and a 1/400 submarine (USS Dallas) great for a fuselage of a Luft '46 project.

David aka 63cpe

Wardukw

Very nice pile of zombie related goodies there Guy...it reminds me ive got to hunt down a couple of 35th scale skeletons .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

AeroplaneDriver

Made trip to one of my very few local hobby shops yesterday.  A VERY limited selection of aircraft kits, being mostly a car model place but I was pleasantly surprised at the selection they had.  Finally picked up an Airfix 1/48 Javelin FAW.9!  Also pleasantly surprised that they are expanding their selection of paints and tools. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

DogfighterZen

Ok, it's props season for me... ;D

Waiting for a few more which should be arriving in the next days or during the next week. :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Old Wombat

1 x Airfix 1/72 Bristol Beaufort Mk.I (A04072) - from the UK, courtesy of Chris (NARSES2) :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Couple of nice scores there for Guy and Zen  :thumbsup:

McColm

Lost Cosmonauts

Courtesy of Mr TSRJoe a splendid box of bits arrived with a couple of Vulcans, Victor and enticingly a 1/87 Bedford RL and Bluewater missile as reference material for my own 1/72 efforts
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Hobbes

From the EME:

Revell 1/144 Concorde
Heller 1/125 Ariane 5
Italeri NATO weapons set