My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

That Italeri box art certainly stands out  :thumbsup: although I can't help thinking the two of them are on a bit of a collision course ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Received today from eBay

1 x 1/72 Modeldecal Set 85  Mainly Canbarra and Italian Starfighters

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rick Lowe

The XB Falcon Sedan* arrived today, with the bottle of Vallejo wash that was keeping it company.

*Yeah, I know I ordered the Panel Van, but I swapped it, as the MFP didn't use the van... at least not in the movie.
So at some stage it will be getting a new paint job of Yellow over Blue, with some added accessories.
A companion piece for the Scalextric Pursuit Special I got a few years back.  ;)

Wardukw

It would seem me mate Rick is a Mad Max fan ..yeah me too..got all the movies matey  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Wooksta!

Alistair's latest masterpiece arrived this morning, the English Electric P1A. It looks to be a fantastic kit and as I have spare decals from the Whirlybird kit, it may end up as a real one.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

an eBay purchace arrived today

1 x 1/72 Hasegawa Aircraft Weapons : VII (U.S. Special Bombs & Lantirn Pods) Also contains the AN/ALQ-184 ECM Pod

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

zenrat

I'm excited about this one from Metro Hobbies.  Even if it's the wrong scale...

Lun Class Ekranoplan by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

...but then maybe a 1/72 one would a little on the large size.
I can see this in PDRV colours.  Or maybe as a pirate vessel...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 11, 2022, 03:04:43 AM
That Italeri box art certainly stands out  :thumbsup: although I can't help thinking the two of them are on a bit of a collision course ?

The closest one saw that and that's why he's banking right. ;)

Quote from: zenrat on January 13, 2022, 02:53:54 AM
I'm excited about this one from Metro Hobbies.  Even if it's the wrong scale...

Although that's not my type of thing, i think it's probably a very interesting build. :thumbsup:

Got another one yesterday from Facebook marketplace. A portuguese modeller was asking for 20€ with shipping included and knowing it's the old monogram kit, i think it was worth it, even if it ends up as a parts donor.

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

I can see it with a shark's mouth that's for sure
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 13, 2022, 06:00:00 AM

I can see it with a shark's mouth that's for sure

Very good idea! Sure looks like the shape is already there, just needs teeth.  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

I'd give it a few more engines, it looks a tad underpowered.

Oh, and longer wings of course.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Received another eBay win today

1 x 1/72 G.W.H. L7201 U.S. Airforce F-15E In Action of DEF&OIF

Gondor

Wardukw

Wow Fred ... i didnt even know you could  buy a model of the sea monster..ill be watching this build because these things are very cool  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

And the Special Spit arrived today... :mellow:

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on January 11, 2022, 11:32:44 PM
It would seem me mate Rick is a Mad Max fan ..yeah me too..got all the movies matey  ;D

Guilty as charged...  ;)

I was sure I had the movies, but can't seem to locate them... may have to address that - purely for reference material purposes, of course!