My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Oh YES!  :thumbsup:

I've got that kit too, my FAVE US muscle car!  :wub:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

The family we leased an acreage from for a year, before we moved onto our own property, used to have a Dodge dealership in the area we live in now. They still have one of those Chargers amongst other vehicles. They take it to all the 'Show & Shines' around the province.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

kitnut617

Finally, I've got my hands on one of the new tool Airfix Vulcans yesterday while in Calgary ---- I can see why everyone is raving about it. All I need now is a Valiant because I got the new tool Victor B.2 kit some months ago.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

DogfighterZen

Quote from: zenrat on May 03, 2022, 04:50:52 AM
This just arrived from Evil-Bay.

69 Charger RT by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

It's badly faded BUT it's still shrink wrapped and I paid a good price.  This is one of Revell's Pro Modeller kits meaning it has extra parts and build options.  There is certainly heft to the box.  I shall be removing the shrink wrap tomorrow.
This is the start of a plan to build a General Lee.  More parts need to be gathered.

Yes, sir! The General Lee and the Ghostbusters car are some of my childhood favorites, i used to watch the Dukes and scream like them when they jumped the car over creeks. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

Snagged a Contrail Short Seamew on ebay.  I did have one about 30 years ago, got halfway, lost interest and it was given away. I had a resin one, but I'd like to do a decent one - proper cockpits, open weapon bay - and the Contrail kit is actually quite nice.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

In the mail today from a awesome mate in the US....
Trumpeter 1/35th Challenger ll MBT
Trumpeter 1/35th Swedish Strv 103B MBT
and one super cool ..
Italeri Testors 1/72nd TB-58A Hustler Operational Trainer.
Im going to wiffy the B-58 quite alot which once the part of this build arrives im gonna start mapping out its design.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Arrived from the BIG yellow H today

2 x 1/72 Eduard ED73293 Gloster Meteor F.8 Pre-Painted Etch set

2 x 1/72 Montex MXSM72143 Gloster Meteor F.9 (exterior mask set)

Both sets to go with the two kits I have earmarked for the One Week Group Build

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Arrived yesterday but to lazy to post it here
;D
1x1/48th Academy F16 A/C Falcon..this is already hallmarked for something completely different .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Steel Penguin

from the penkridge tabletop
Tamiya 1:48 sherman firefly 2nd user at half price
an origanal style GW preditor kit,  itll need some work to make good but  :thumbsup:
7 1988 era plastic spacemarines  :thumbsup:
and 5 small resin indutrial buildings.

happy penuin here
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Nick

I got another Phantom at MK today. It's the Hasegawa RF-4E in 1/72 with a huge but rather yellowed decal sheet for Luftwaffe and Japanese machines.
They released this kit as part of their huge Phantom Family range in 1991 and it's been going ever since.

The box price was £25 but I noticed that the seller was offering discounts on everything in the afternoon so I got it for £20. I'd already peeked in the box so I knew I was also getting:

Eduard pre-printed PE for the cockpit
Bilek resin seats and USAF/German decals
AirDoc decals 72018 for Luftwaffe RF-4E
Bargain  :thumbsup:

Picked up a copy of Supermarine Secret Projects 1 - Flying Boats. Excellent read and I think everyone else on the SIG table had a look at it some time today  ;D

kitbasher

Yes thanks Nick for providing the reading material!

My MK haul?  Spent the princely sum of nine whole pounds on a Hobbycraft CF-100 that will either be slightly whiffed, very whiffed, real world or left to languish in the stash! 

Big thanks to Lee for the many and various resin bits plus a decal sheet, and Martin for the restoration/spares candidates.

Was almost seduced by an Airfix Super Mystere but manfully resisted the temptation.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Gondor

Arrived today from Switzerland

1 x 1/72 Matterhorn Circle Decals: Hawker Hunter Mk.58 Early 1958-1979

Parts of this may make their way onto one of my one week group builds

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Parcel Force just delivered this.....

Thanks to Kit for letting me know that this was available. This is as far as it will be taken out of the box for a long, long time as I am looking at this as an investment rather than anything else, especially as I don't have space for a train set  :rolleyes:

Gondor

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on May 08, 2022, 12:58:13 PM
with a huge but rather yellowed decal sheet for Luftwaffe and Japanese machines.

Your aware of the old trick of taping them to a window that's exposed to sunlight trick Nick ?

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

It works for a time but they do yellow again.

I was very restrained at MK, as there was a lot of decent stuff to buy, just either not on my current wants list, I felt I had enough as it was or was just too expensive.  Various traders are starting to overprice stuff by a good 33% or more.

Anyway, I came home with:
Frog Canberra B(I).8 - another victim of price inflation.  Same trader had one for £15, but this one was £8.
Aeroclub Meteor F8 - same price, nice kit to build and it's good.
Revell Hunter F.6 - bargain at a tenner
Airfix Supermarine Swift FR5 - getting rarer and at a tenner, a good price.
Merlin Supermarine Scimitar - It's a copy of the original Frog N.113 and thus closer to a Supermarine 525, so it'll end up as a Type 526 in RAF markings carrying a Red Beard.  For Merlin, it's one of his less bad kits.  Basic but workable.  The same trader had this at Telford and I'd left it behind and regretted it.

Total cost - barely broke £50 and I could have spent a great deal more.  The trader with a shedload of Tamiya Mosquitoes had them for £12, plus a load of AZ/KP/Sword Spitfires for under a tenner.  My wallet is most thankful I have more than enough.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic