My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Rick me ol mate mine are safe on my dump drive..a 2 TB drive with 1.3 TB of movies..theres are 3 or 400 on my 1TB portable drive ...yes i have a problem and as with you their all for reference purposes only  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

McColm

Just bought two Falcon Triple conversion sets from Hannants:
FNC002
FNC004

Oz Mods 1/72 EC-121 Warning Star resin conversion set.

Gondor

Putting this down as a stash increase, but it might not be

From Young Nick, Hunter decals from Modeldecal sheet 79

Ta much mate  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Mossie

Revell Easy Click 1/24 Porsche Diesel Junior 108 tractor.  Bought it on a whim, it was on offer at Lidl at only £10.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

Snaffled a Project X Supermarine Type 508 on eBay. Same seller has quite a few of the range, although none are particularly cheap.

Also ordered some more stuff from Whirlybird before they go. More as and when they arrive.

I was going to get a Frogspawn Sea Vixen, but the chance discovery of a resin nosecone (the lack of them in the few I have forcing the need to buy a complete new kit), negated the need.

Ironically, that same discovery prompted the missing ZTS Hunter fuselage half to turn up a few feet away on the same day that the replacement kit arrived from eBay.  Said fuselage half was checked against the P.1067 plans and it is a good basis.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

DogfighterZen

Received the Reskit python missiles today and i must say... i'm disappointed... :banghead:

Already contacted the brand through facebook to see if they have a solution for this mess...
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Old Wombat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 14, 2022, 11:59:37 AM
Ironically, that same discovery prompted the missing ZTS Hunter fuselage half to turn up a few feet away on the same day that the replacement kit arrived from eBay.  Said fuselage half was checked against the P.1067 plans and it is a good basis.

You were expecting differently? :unsure:

Quote from: DogfighterZen on January 14, 2022, 06:18:22 PM
Received the Reskit python missiles today and i must say... i'm disappointed... :banghead:

Already contacted the brand through facebook to see if they have a solution for this mess...

Looks like they may have become over-heated in transit (either to/from your supplier).
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

I'd rather suspect that they had not properly cured before being extracted from the moulds. Haste makes waste...  :rolleyes:

The Wooksta!

A dunk in boiling water for several seconds should soften it enough to straighten it, then leave it in the fridge to cool down.  The long prescribed method for fixing warped resin parts. Sometimes works with yer actual styrene too.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Steel Penguin

just hope that they haven't acquired a "memory" of the shape  :banghead:  ive had it happen on a gun barrel or 2..... not the best
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Old Wombat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 15, 2022, 12:46:01 AM
I'd rather suspect that they had not properly cured before being extracted from the moulds. Haste makes waste...  :rolleyes:

Reskit are usually very good, with excellent QC, but I suppose one set could slip through.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Steel Penguin

better than expected at the penkridge wargames tabletop sale both 2nd user
1:48  revell tomcat  RAF I think
some games workshop space wolf marines the army they are for is now ready to assemble.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Nick

With luck you can bend these back into shape and they'll send you a good replacement set!

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 14, 2022, 06:42:32 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 14, 2022, 11:59:37 AM

You were expecting differently? :unsure:

No, but the fuselage that was missing was the port half, the same side as the drawing.  It looked about right, but I needed to be sure, hence buying another kit.  Means I can do a third, or at least a potential master for a mould.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 14, 2022, 06:42:32 PM
Looks like they may have become over-heated in transit (either to/from your supplier).

Well, that's what the brand's CEO, Oleksii, told me...

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 15, 2022, 04:37:38 AM
A dunk in boiling water for several seconds should soften it enough to straighten it, then leave it in the fridge to cool down.  The long prescribed method for fixing warped resin parts. Sometimes works with yer actual styrene too.

That's what he told me to do... It's not that i mind doing this but for the money these missiles cost, it's annoying to have to fix something that was bought as new. Thanks for the suggestion, anyway. It does seem like the only way to save the parts. :thumbsup:

Quote from: Steel Penguin on January 15, 2022, 04:45:07 AM
just hope that they haven't acquired a "memory" of the shape  :banghead:  ive had it happen on a gun barrel or 2..... not the best

I hope not, but if they have, it's like i've just thrown the money into the bin... :banghead:

Quote from: Nick on January 16, 2022, 08:07:32 AM

With luck you can bend these back into shape and they'll send you a good replacement set!

With the owner of the brand telling me to fix them myself, i don't think that there's a chance he's sending me new parts so i'll have to be careful or unless they'll just get binned... :angry:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"