My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Today at the Scottish Nationals I got a modist haul

1 x 1/72 AZ Models AZ7638 Fieseler Fi 156C "Storch". It's a suposidly limited edition kit as it has marking for AVM Harry Broadhurst, Generalfieldmafschal Albert Kesselring, The aircraft that helped free Mussolini and also General Vladimir Kren (Croatian). It's going to be none of these.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Yep big congrats on all your victorious wins and scores Fred  :thumbsup:..but to my mind those wheels were thr biggest score of all  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

jcf

The CH-46 (technically a BV-107-II*  ;) ) looks like it might be the ancient Airfix kit.

*The kit was originally released as a Vertol 107-II with Swedish insignia.

The Wooksta!

Won on ebay:

Magna Miles Martinet TT1 - wanted a post war RAF one, but me mate Bob had dibs on the first one I could find.
Contrail Fairey Spearfish - it's either going to be in flight with an APS20 radome or gear down with an open weapon bay.  Had one years back and was a nice kit to build.  Still can't find the one that I *KNOW* is in the loft at me Mam's.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Dizzyfugu

A Modelcollect 1:72 WWII German E-75 super-heavy 38cm assault mortar - was on sale for just EUR 8.50,-, I could not say "no" to it...  :angel:

zenrat

Thanks for the ID on the Sea Knight folks.

DUKWy, after I found the wheels I went over to my mate Terry who i'd driven over there and said "OK, we can go now, i've got everything I need".   ;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Retreived from my local sorting office today

1 x 1/72 Maintrack PX006 Supermarine 510! I didn't want it but clicked on the wrong item and it went for the minimum bid. I might find a use for it or someone might want it.... Any offers?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

It's a Whiff-in-a-box (or plastic bag...) really, paint it EDSG and Sky and it's swept wing Attacker.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on May 16, 2022, 04:37:51 AM
Thanks for the ID on the Sea Knight folks.

DUKWy, after I found the wheels I went over to my mate Terry who i'd driven over there and said "OK, we can go now, i've got everything I need".   ;D
Ya know Fred mate i kinda had a feeling that might have been the case   :lol:  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Gondor on May 16, 2022, 06:08:16 AM
Retreived from my local sorting office today

1 x 1/72 Maintrack PX006 Supermarine 510! I didn't want it but clicked on the wrong item and it went for the minimum bid. I might find a use for it or someone might want it.... Any offers?

Gondor

I'm sure I could find a home for it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

AeroplaneDriver

From the eBay Fairy today, Accurate Miniatures IL-2 Stormovik on skis.  Already have one in the stash but at $4 plus fairy cheap shipping I couldnt pass it up.  I have a Sci-Fi project in mind that needs an IL-2 so good to have another. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Old Wombat

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on May 17, 2022, 07:43:32 PM
I have a Sci-Fi project in mind that needs an IL-2

That sounds interesting! :lol:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

A vintage Matchbox 1:700 "Graf Spee" battleship for a reasonable price.

The Wooksta!

Snaffled on eBay:
Magna Fairey Firefly T7
Novo Fairey Delta II

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

Collected from Uncle Frank this morning:

Eduard Limited Edition Avia S199 set = two S199 profipack kits plus masks and a twelve aircraft option decal sheet.
KPM Spitfire PR.XI

The S199 is the best iteration of the type done yet, and the AZ/KPM kit was hard to beat yet Eduard have done it.  I'd say it's better than their Spitfires.  The KMP Spit is really nice too, seems every inch a PR.XI, but as I'm guessing the same plastic will be in the PR.X, the latter will need some filling and sanding.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: