My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Mirage Hobby 1/50 S/Y Opty yacht.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

Diorama supplies from BNA.

A miniart set containing street furniture suitable for mid 20th century Europe and a cast base depicting a slightly decrepit section of paved street.  This is large enough for a 1/25 car or 1/35 armoured vehicles.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Something really exotic: a triple mecha set from the Xabungle anime series in 1:144 scale. Odd types/vehicles, very retro (the respective TV series is from 1982) and with no plan so far - but for just EUR 15,- incl. p. p. I could not resist.

The Wooksta!

The new KPM Miles Hawk Major arrived at Uncle Frank's for me.  Well happy with it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Received today from eBay

1 x 1/72 RarePlane Gates 35/C-21A Learjet

Complete but no decals and I don't know if it came with them or not. Not too bothered as I am sure I can come up with something.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Some later Rare planes kits came with decals but other than the DH Dove/Devon I couldn't tell you which ones. A lot of the latter Contrail kits did.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 27, 2022, 10:54:59 AM
Some later Rare planes kits came with decals but other than the DH Dove/Devon I couldn't tell you which ones. A lot of the latter Contrail kits did.

No problem, just sorced some decals for it  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

PR19_Kit

The Savage, Goose and Mariner had decals included, albeit somewhat basic sets.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Three packs of Hataka RAF Blue Line paints arrived, courtesy of a model shop on the Isle of Wight no less. All destined for an up coming Group Build model.....  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Nick

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 28, 2022, 05:39:56 AM
Three packs of Hataka RAF Blue Line paints arrived, courtesy of a model shop on the Isle of Wight no less. All destined for an up coming Group Build model.....  ;)

Would that be from Upstairs Downstairs in Sandown? Great little shop.

PR19_Kit

It certainly was, yes.  :thumbsup:

They also trade as www.trainshop.co.uk.

I'm over in my '2nd home' in Northants at the moment and forgot to change my address on eBay, but the guy at the shop was very helpful and switched my address on the package, after I'd phoned him, before he posted it.

Regards
Kit

AeroplaneDriver

From the eBay Fairy, Hasegawa 1/72 Weapons Set IV-Air To Ground Missiles.  Bought specifically for my planned OWGB build. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 28, 2022, 10:05:07 AM
It certainly was, yes.  :thumbsup:

They also trade as www.trainshop.co.uk.

I'm over in my '2nd home' in Northants at the moment and forgot to change my address on eBay, but the guy at the shop was very helpful and switched my address on the package, after I'd phoned him, before he posted it.

Useful to know of an on-line retailer for the Blue Line, cheers Kit
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 28, 2022, 05:39:56 AM

Thanks for the tip about the shop Kit, I went and had a look and ended up ordering a couple of packs myself  :thumbsup:

Gondor

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 29, 2022, 01:53:36 AM

Useful to know of an on-line retailer for the Blue Line, cheers Kit

I was glad to find it, and it took some searching.

The Big H don't list ANY Blue Line packs, do they think ALL their customers use blasted airbrushes these days?  :o

Regards
Kit