My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Went by the local Aldi store today and picked up a headset of magnifying glasses and got home to find an order had been delivered. :mellow:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

Nice kit.

Today was Wor Show and I scored for:
Airfix Canberra PR.9
Airfix Lightning F2A - for a fiver!
Airfix ye olde tool NA39 Buccaneer
ESCI F104 Starfighter - the nose, with some work, will be the forward fuselage of a Hawker P.1125.
Modeldecal Sheet 78 - Second Line Lightnings

And yesterday on ebay, I snagged another Xtradecal Lightning sheet, but I don't know which one it is.  Mainly F3s on it though.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 05, 2022, 09:32:00 AM
Nice kit.

From what i've read and seen of the kit, it's a gem! Accurate miniatures did a great job on this one and it's almost hard to believe that this is a 1994 tooling.  :thumbsup:
This will probably become a PoAF bird in the 1940s. :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

Should have mentioned I cleared £400 from sales of various kits from the stash.  Barely scratches the surface...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

An Xtrakit Swift FR5 from ebay for a paltry price, to aid my planned 1 week build.

But any and all Swifts are welcome, I have a few plans..........  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Arrived today from Fantasy Printshop

1 x 1/72 Wolfpack Decals 72-120 UASFE which includes markings for a C-21A which is why I bought them.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Forgot to add the three Tempest decal sheets passed to me yesterday by Chris, all from the new AZ/KPM kits.  The indian ones may well be real, but the 249 Sqn one will sit nicely on that post war desert scheme Tempest II that's been kicking about for ages (2017...)

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Dizzyfugu

A Special Hobby 1:72 IDF AH-1S kit, which will evolve into something simpler and in exotic operator's colors.  :rolleyes:

Wardukw

Academy 48th scale MIG-29 ..needed the landing gear and for less than $25 NZ couldnt pass it up.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

AeroplaneDriver

From the eBay Fairy, 1/12 F-104 Cockpit.  I built the F-16 one as a teenager and have one in the stash, but always wanted the F-104. Not much whiffery possibility but very cool kits  I would love to have a whole range of 1/12 cockpit kits running he gamut from Peashooter to Raptor. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

zenrat

From Metro Hobbies;

Jaguar 420 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Blackbird by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The Jag i'll lower over whitewall tyres and the Blackbird is an aircraft i've always wanted a kit of.  It's bigger than I expected but also somehow as big as I thought it would be.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 06, 2022, 04:59:56 AM

But any and all Swifts are welcome, I have a few plans..........  ;)

See your PM's

Meanwhile at the Northern show I picked up.

Airfix Hurricane Mk I - This may fit in with my one week build plans, although time is beginning to look very tight on this  :-\
Mixkit Bloch 220 - mixed resin and injection (from the Heller Bloch 210). Neat looking transport type. Possibly French Vichy AF captured in Syria and pressed into service by the RAF ?
IBG PWD-8 PWS

The latter two were from Lee (The Wooksta)  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

The Bloch is a nice looking bird, sort of a French DC-2

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on June 08, 2022, 06:19:28 AM

Gondor

It's a very attractive aircraft especially considering what the 210 looked like.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 08, 2022, 07:04:08 AM
Quote from: Gondor on June 08, 2022, 06:19:28 AM

Gondor

It's a very attractive aircraft especially considering what the 210 looked like.

I wish i had known that Lee had one that he was getting rid of as I would have bought it from him myself.

Gondor