My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

It was a good price and I've built a few Magna. But I have to be in the right mood  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Spey_Phantom

scored on a rumage sale yesterday :)

-Academy 1/144 Su-22 Fitter

and ordered online:

-MHM 1/144 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.V
-MHM 1/144 Messerschmitt Bf110
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

AeroplaneDriver

A small arrival today...

1/72 Freightdog WE.177 set for the Airfix Buccaneer.  As always from Colin a lovely looking set.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

PR19_Kit

Incredibly the two 1/144 Mini Hobby SAAB HAS-39 Gripens that I ordered from AUSTRALIA on June 4th arrived TODAY!!!!!  :o :o

They're a bit squashed as the packing couldn't be called adequate, but the plastic is just fine. They're going to look really good, all in the green of the IAC, guzzling fuel from my KMD-11, when I finish it anyway.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Just received a package from the big yellow H containg

1 x 1/72 Hobby2000 Douglas OA-4M Skyhawk (Formerly the Fujimi kit) 72018 to become a TA4-K
1 x 1/72 KP Hawker Tempest F.2 "Silver Wings" KPM0228
1 x 1/72 Eduard TA-4J SS770 For the above Hobby2000 kit
1 x 1/72 Eduard A-4E SS750 For a Hobby2000 A-4E

Some what supprised that these arrived so quickly as a couple of days earlier I order another pair of the same Eduard sets which have yet to arrive.

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

From BNA Model World.

Panzer Art 1/35 T-28 & T-35 Mantlet with KT-28 Gun - Resin parts with a turned metal barrel.  To replace the shoddy plastic Hobby Boss barrel on the turret I am fitting to the Steyr Pushme-pullyou.
Panzer Art 1/35 BT-7 Up Armoured Turret (Odessa dockyard) - One piece resin turret with turned metal barrel.  Because it might come in handy at some point.   It's small enough to scaleorama to 1/48 ;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

As I was headding out early this afternoon I startled the post lady who was sorting out some post for me

Two items arrived, the earlier package from the big yellow H containing

1 x 1/72 Eduard TA-4J SS770 For the above Hobby2000 kit
1 x 1/72 Eduard A-4E SS750 For a Hobby2000 A-4E

Which are going into the two Fujimi Skyhawks I have for Israeli aircraft

The second package was a pre ordered  conversion set

1 x 1/72 Air-Graphic BAE Hawk 200 conversion set CS-20
This consists of a Forward Fuselage, Wing with drooped flaps, various other detail parts includeing a nose wheel and leg and several canopies, separate canopy parts in resin, vac-formed single peice and seperate canopies as well.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Gondor on June 15, 2022, 02:23:38 AM

1 x 1/72 Hobby2000 Douglas OA-4M Skyhawk (Formerly the Hasagawa kit) 72018 to become a TA4-K

Gondor

Hasegawa or Fujimi?  I was under the impression the H2K Skyhawks were the excellent Fujimi molds.  Is the OA different?

AeroplaneDriver

Couple of new additions today...

1/72 Airfix Phantom FG.1. On sale from the Bezos Sweatshop.  After building exclusively 1/48 for about 3 years I have really enjoyed my two latest builds, both new tool Airfix 1/72 jets.  Planning on this being a RW inflight build in RN colors to display beside my USN A-4B

1/48 Eduard L-39 Evolution.  Planned to be a What If Draken L-39 for the new Agressor contract for the UK MoD out of Teesside Airport.  Nice opportunity for some whif paint and markings before they inevitably show up looking dull as milk. 

Gondor

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on June 15, 2022, 10:36:52 PM
Quote from: Gondor on June 15, 2022, 02:23:38 AM

1 x 1/72 Hobby2000 Douglas OA-4M Skyhawk (Formerly the Hasagawa kit) 72018 to become a TA4-K

Gondor

Hasegawa or Fujimi?  I was under the impression the H2K Skyhawks were the excellent Fujimi molds.  Is the OA different?

Your correct and I was wrong. This kit is definitely the Fujimi one reboxed.

Gondor

NARSES2

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on June 15, 2022, 10:49:27 PM

1/72 Airfix Phantom FG.1. On sale from the Bezos Sweatshop.  After building exclusively 1/48 for about 3 years I have really enjoyed my two latest builds, both new tool Airfix 1/72 jets.  Planning on this being a RW inflight build in RN colors to display beside my USN A-4B

Glad to see you've seen the light  ;) :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

Thanks to Chris for being the courier and Lee for kindly donating it to me, I now have an SR-71 in what looks like 1/288th scale.
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/silver-corn-lockheed-sr-71a-blackbird--1288322

I had quick look at it in the pub yesterday and it appears to be a snap together kit with some limited surface detail. It might sit well with the 1/300 XB-70 I already have. We shall see.

The Wooksta!

If you fancy another Valkyrie, there's one in the loft I want to dispose of. 
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Arrived today from Spackman Enterprises

1 x 1/72 Kits Dekals, Hawker Tri-Partite Kestral Sheet, with Instructions  :o

Gondor

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit