My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Just ordered from BNA Model World:

1 x Meng Models 1/35 German Main Battle Tank Leopard 2A4 (MENG-TS016) - will be Czech, hopefully while it's still a whif
1 x Tamiya Models 1/48 Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate Frank Army Type 4 Fighter (TM 61013) - for the RW 1/48 single-engine fighter collection
2 x Barracuda 1/48 Australian Spitfire Five Slot Z-Block Mainwheels for Eduard/Airfix/Tamiya kits (BAR BR-48446) - for the 2 x Spitfires I have in the stash
1 x Tamiya Models 1/48 Grumman F4F-4 Wildcat (TM 61034) - not sure if I'm going RW with this or whif RAN/RAM
6 x Tamiya Models Fine Surface Primer L - Light Gray 180ml Spray Can (TM 87064) - I go through a lot of this stuff & it's rather difficult to acquire here in Adelaide
2 x Tamiya Models Extra-Thin Cement (TM 87038) - I'm running low & I decided I'd stock up while putting in this order rather than go to the nearest hobby shop that stocks it
1 x Tamiya Models Extra-Thin Cement (Quick-Setting) 40ml (TM 87182) - haven't seen this cement before, decided I'd give it a go

This may be my last purchase for quite some time.

Schitz getting expensive & I have other priorities for the cash.

However, as the saying goes, "I can resist anything, except temptation!"; so, maybe it won't but the buys will certainly be smaller.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Wooksta!

Snagged another Sword Lightning T bird on eBay, and it comes with a free Xtradecal set for Lightning trainers.  Which is nice.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 16, 2022, 07:19:57 AM

1 x Tamiya Models Extra-Thin Cement (Quick-Setting) 40ml (TM 87182) - haven't seen this cement before, decided I'd give it a go

Saw this on sale at the Elstree show and did wonder about it. Decided against it in the end as I have enough glue, but would be interested in your take on it as and when  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 17, 2022, 05:24:38 AM

Saw this on sale at the Elstree show and did wonder about it. Decided against it in the end as I have enough glue, but would be interested in your take on it as and when  :thumbsup:

To be honest I can't say i've noticed the difference between the quick setting and the normal.  Maybe the quick setting evaporates a touch quicker when I leave the lid off.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 17, 2022, 05:38:21 AM

To be honest I can't say i've noticed the difference between the quick setting and the normal.  Maybe the quick setting evaporates a touch quicker when I leave the lid off.

Ah so it's similar to the deluxe stuff then  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Couple of recent acquisitions delivered today... :mellow:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

AeroplaneDriver

This is my "go to" glue.  Love it and I do see a difference from the normal Tamiya Extra Thin. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on June 17, 2022, 05:38:21 AM

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on June 17, 2022, 11:12:32 AM

This is my "go to" glue.  Love it and I do see a difference from the normal Tamiya Extra Thin.

Thanks, Fred & Nick! :thumbsup:

Guess I'll find out, one way or the other, sometime next week. ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

In the mail today was this lovely box of goodies from Scotaidh.
In this pile of gold is a old Matchbox 32nd Dauntless dive bomber..im gonna finsh building this as a OTB so to speck..ive never had this model before ..yes it will get detailed...maybe quite a lot  ;D
Also is a AMT Piranha super spycar..gonna modify this bigtime.
A pile of P38 parts in 48th..alot of P38 parts  ;D
A old Tamiya 35th scale Chieftain hull with tracks..ive already got a use for this..will be the bases for my next armoured wiff.
One of the best parts is a complete set of Dragon 35th scale winter ketten tank tracks for the Panzer 3 or 4 ..these also have been allocated for a wiffy build which is exactly what this build wanted to up its game ...also a set of M113 tracks and a set for a SDKFZ 251 half track...all are individual links  ;D
Heaps of other bits and bobs  and all will get used for something  <_<
Oh i almost forgot ..sucks getting older  :lol:
A Monogram/Mattel TBF Avenger in 48th..the plans have the date 1958 on them and i believe this might be the real deal..not a rerelease..the decals are buggered..cracked baddly..also the kit is very hard plastic and feels old..either way makes no never mind..ill build this OTB as it will be sweet to build something this old and this time if i have to use my Dremel it will be with a gental touch so the tail wont explode  :lol:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Spey_Phantom

on the way from an online order:

-Italeri 1/72 MH-47E Chinook SOA
-Academy 1/144 F-4E Phantom
-Revell 1/144 Hawker Hunter FGA.9
-Revell 1/144 F/A-18E Super Hornet + paint (to be built as Maverick's Superbug from the new Top Gun movie)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on June 17, 2022, 05:06:20 PM
In the mail today was this lovely box of goodies from Scotaidh.
...Also is a AMT Piranha super spycar..gonna modify this bigtime...

I've got the drag racer kit in the stash.  TBH i'm wary about building it as i've read all sorts of bad reports about it's fit.  Everytime I see the spy car though I want one.  Looks gorgeous.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

I'd never even HEARD of it till now. What a swoopy looking car!  :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Nils on June 18, 2022, 04:10:04 AM
on the way from an online order:

-Italeri 1/72 MH-47E Chinook SOA

This looks a good kit. It has all the parts for an ordinary CH-47 within as well.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 18, 2022, 04:46:02 AM
I'd never even HEARD of it till now. What a swoopy looking car!  :bow:

Same, and yes, yes it is indeed.

Is it just me, or would that also not look out of place in an episode of UFO? :-\

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rick Lowe on June 18, 2022, 06:05:10 AM

Is it just me, or would that also not look out of place in an episode of UFO? :-\

It's THAT sort of car, yes.  :thumbsup:

So long as it made jet engine sounds as it moved...........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit