My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

I guess I'm making up for Pellson, my purchasing has ventured into the ridiculous, lately!

- Picked up on Monday;

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 16, 2022, 07:19:57 AM
1 x Meng Models 1/35 German Main Battle Tank Leopard 2A4 (MENG-TS016) - will be Czech, hopefully while it's still a whif
1 x Tamiya Models 1/48 Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate Frank Army Type 4 Fighter (TM 61013) - for the RW 1/48 single-engine fighter collection
2 x Barracuda 1/48 Australian Spitfire Five Slot Z-Block Mainwheels for Eduard/Airfix/Tamiya kits (BAR BR-48446) - for the 2 x Spitfires I have in the stash
1 x Tamiya Models 1/48 Grumman F4F-4 Wildcat (TM 61034) - not sure if I'm going RW with this or whif RAN/RAM
6 x Tamiya Models Fine Surface Primer L - Light Gray 180ml Spray Can (TM 87064) - I go through a lot of this stuff & it's rather difficult to acquire here in Adelaide
2 x Tamiya Models Extra-Thin Cement (TM 87038) - I'm running low & I decided I'd stock up while putting in this order rather than go to the nearest hobby shop that stocks it
1 x Tamiya Models Extra-Thin Cement (Quick-Setting) 40ml (TM 87182) - haven't seen this cement before, decided I'd give it a go

- Collected today;

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 24, 2022, 05:29:07 AM
1 x Airfix Models 1/72 Bristol Blenheim Mk.IV Fighter *Pre-Order (AX04017)
1 x Airfix Models 1/72 De Havilland Mosquito (AX04023)
1 x Kinetic Models 1/48 Dassault Super Etendard / Super Etendard Modernise (KI-K48061)

- Winging their way from the UK, as of 0700hrs-ish UK Time, Tuesday, 28 June 2022

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 27, 2022, 01:17:20 AM
1 x Kinetic Model Kits 1/48 Dassault Mirage 2000C (K48042)
1 x Scale Aircraft Conversions 1/48 Dassault Mirage 2000 Landing Gear (SAC48132)
2 x Aires 1/48 Dassault Mirage 2000C/2000B/2000D/2000N exhaust nozzle - closed (AIRE4556)**
1 x ResKit 1/48 Dassault Super Etendard wheels set (RS48-0194)

My bank account has taken a major hammering! :-\

Just think of all the money you've saved, Pellson! :thumbsup: ;)

[**: For some reason this was down as "Dassault Super Etendard wheels set" in the original post. Fixed now.]
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on June 30, 2022, 01:17:39 PM
...i brought a cheap as chips Revell 25th scale Corvette yesterday..not idea why but got me heart going so all good  ;D

Which one?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

Just snaffled some Aeroclub bang seats for Hunters off eBay for a reasonable price.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Arrived from the Big H this morning

AZ Me 109 K-6. I like the AZ 109's and this boxing provides 3 What If markings options, or "Alternative Markings" as they term them
Peewit mask for Tempest Mk II
Yahu P-40K/M Kittyhawk III instrument panel
Yahu Fw 190 D Instrument Panel
Yahu Mustang III (P51 B/C) instrument panel

I like the Yahu instrument panels. They provide a relatively cheap, one stop option for a quick cockpit upgrade.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

More discoveries.  A built Avro Arrow I have no recollection of, a boxful of my bootleg TSR2 bits and the masters, two sets of the extra fuel tanks and what looks like a set of small underwing tanks with the extended nose gear.  A set of bits for a BAe P.1216 from Renegade Resins, some poor castings from an abortive attempt to copy the Maintrack Hawker P.1121, some Airkit Hunter bits (GA11 and F1-5), what was going to be a T-tail Hunter, and finally, best of all and I have been searching for it for months, a Hawker P.1129.

There was other stuff too, but that's what was dragged out.

This will keep me busy for a while. The two P.1121s are going to be the twin seat naval ones, the dark scheme will hide a lot of flaws.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 01, 2022, 07:29:08 AM
best of all and I have been searching for it for months, a Hawker P.1129.

There was other stuff too, but that's what was dragged out.

This will keep me busy for a while. The two P.1121s are going to be the twin seat naval ones, the dark scheme will hide a lot of flaws.

The P.1129 sounds nice and I also have plans for a Naval P.1121 which I intend to do as per Luchiano's painting from the Project Tech Profiles book

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on July 01, 2022, 03:32:58 AM
...i brought a cheap as chips Revell 25th scale Corvette yesterday..not idea why but got me heart going so all good  ;D

Which one?

Mate i scored a 1953 to 1993 40th Anniversary Corvette ..its a C4 with the 350 Tpi V8 for the grand ol price of $25.00 NZ  ;D
Thinking about it ill use one seat and its diff and wing mirrors for the monster..other than theres gonna be quite a few bits left.. ;)....oh and you got the Eduard Pro pak Mig21?? ..yeah im jealous now matey..a surpurb kit and its like a 160 notes here..yummy bud ..good score Fred  :thumbsup:

Guy ...mate..Pellson wont have a problem buying a new kit because there wont be any left  :lol:
So are ya going live in a tent cause theres no room left inside ??  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Received this morning from eBay

1 x Airfix BAE Systems Hawk 100 Series (A03073A) to go with my Air -Graphic Models CS-20 BAE Hawk 200 Conversion set.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on July 01, 2022, 01:27:15 PM
Quote from: zenrat on July 01, 2022, 03:32:58 AM

Which one?

Mate i scored a 1953 to 1993 40th Anniversary Corvette ..its a C4 with the 350 Tpi V8 for the grand ol price of $25.00 NZ  ;D

I've not built a C4.  Revell big block C3s are nice though.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Ya know Fred this C4 is the only or was the only corvette of any kind on our trademe website and being US revell this kit really is nothing  to write home about .
The body looks ok but the tires are crap ..pretty much unusable and the all the molds are not very sharp but with a crap load of work it could be turned into something good.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

AeroplaneDriver

Two eBay acquisitions arrived this weekend. 

Trumpeter 1/72 Gannet AS.1/4
Hasegawa 1/48 Lear 35.

No solid plans for either yet. Just good deals I managed to snap up. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Gondor

Arrived today from eBay

1 x 00 Airfix Harrow 04652-7

This will be whiffed as either Fettes or Gordonstoun and of course the colour needs to be right and that will arrive from Upstairs Downstairs at some time with another pair of Locos'  ;D

Gondor

rickshaw

I have purchased an Italeri model of one of these:

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Old Wombat

Quote from: rickshaw on July 04, 2022, 05:06:44 AM
I have purchased an Italeri model of one of these:

Decisions! Decisions!

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

I like the ones with the big 'NAVY' on the wing tanks.  :thumbsup:

I looked them up on Wiki and came up with zilch, apparently Wiki doesn't know about them.  :banghead:

Were they to train Skyhawk pilots?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit