My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on July 05, 2022, 10:41:02 PM
Had a pile of massive scores today lads..check this out...all this was $40nz
24 x brand new humbrol acrylic paints.
12 x brand new humbrol enamel paints
7 x 3/4 full Tamiya lacquer spray cans and one Tamiya X1 bottle of black..happy ? you bet i am but was those annoying adds go..but wait theres more ..
2 x sets of 1/24th scale Aoshima wheel sets..one is 19in and the other 20in
1 x Aoshima wing and custom parts set .
1 x Fujimi GT-T Wing set and muffler set.
I got those for $10 each as their water damaged ..oh i did the math on all the paint ..cause im nosey....comes to a price of $ 286.30nz ..damn!!

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Cheers Fred   ;D
Theres a massiveish story behing all the paints and rail bits and stuff ive scored.
Its mental really..old gent passes away in 2019 ..he collected HO trains ..spending upwards of 2 grand aweek on em and paints everything else aswell..like buildings and the like.
This is where the mental stuff happens..the family contact Colin ( owner of Stocker Models son who now runs the store) about buying it all.as Stockers buys collections.
Well Col does..no idea on price..its in Rotorua..a fare trip from his home ..Col grabs his 16ft long which is about 5ft deep..it will hold a Ford Cortina sized car with no problems.
3 trips later he has it all..fully loaded trailer and his Toyota Landcruiser too.
He told me he had to move 15 banana boxes full of trains just to get a few feet deeper into the room..ive seen the pics he took and its totally nuts.
We are taking thousands apon thousands of trains here and that was like 3 months ago they got this lot and they still havent sorted it all out yet.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

I bet they havent even thought about cataloguing it either to give them an idea of what they have  :o

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Collected an Academy U-2 from an eBay win today.

Ok, so the canopy is rubbish, but everything else is usable and it has LOOOOOOONG wings!   ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: Gondor on July 06, 2022, 12:56:33 PM
I bet they havent even thought about cataloguing it either to give them an idea of what they have  :o

Gondor
Allister mate their not even half way thru it all..Col brings in like 10 boxes a day for him and James to sort and thats where he keeps finding paints and washes and all sorts..oh heres something i didnt mention..the books..no kidding here thousands of books.
Colin showed me one numbered 5872..i brought a book on train wreaks ..numbered  4893 ..its called..Railway accidents in pictures..trains in trouble bu Arthur  Trevena..a very cool book with pics of old wreaks ..great reference stuff.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

An unexpected hit at ev!lbay: some time ago I was able to hunt down an incomplete vintage mecha kit, an 1:144 "Run-Valam" from the Megaro-Zamac kit series frim the Eighties (which was not tied to an anime series, just quite bizarre robot bizarre models), and built it "realistically". And now I was able to shoot another one - it was originally on sale for EUR 45,- p.p., complete and in very good condition. After a while I received an offer from the seller, and I was then able to negotiate a price of just EUR 30,- p.p., and I just could not say "no" to this.  ;) No plans for it, sinmce I have a completed one in my mecha collection - it was just a great occasion (internationally, these things are on sale for EUR 75,- and more, but that' nonsense). I might just re-sell it in the future.

DogfighterZen

Recent delivery from Poland... I was thinking i'd never be able to find one at a reasonable price and then AZ reboxed the kit... i may have to buy another one or two... :mellow: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Also received a couple of Xtradecal X72158 1/72 RAF and RN White letters and numbers for several future projects.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that on order is the Eduard 1/48 Mustang Mk.IV Profipack, another RS 1/72 P-51H and the Hasegawa F-2A KAI with CFT tanks (limited edition kit). :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Dizzyfugu

Is there a new boxing for the AZ Seafang?  :o

Gondor

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 07, 2022, 03:41:41 AM

Yes, same kit, different box and decals

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Gondor on July 07, 2022, 04:10:45 AM

Gondor

Yup, exactly. there were a couple of the original Mk.32 kits on ebay but for prices that i won't pay for this kit but now, it's available again at an average price. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

rickshaw

What does Wooksta say about it's accuracy? :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: DogfighterZen on July 07, 2022, 04:45:06 AM
Quote from: Gondor on July 07, 2022, 04:10:45 AM

Gondor

Thank you!

Yup, exactly. there were a couple of the original Mk.32 kits on ebay but for prices that i won't pay for this kit but now, it's available again at an average price. :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: rickshaw on July 07, 2022, 05:48:08 AM

If memory serves it has issues.  :angel:

I've built a couple from the initial release and it's not the easiest of builds, but providing you take your time it goes together ok.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: rickshaw on July 07, 2022, 05:48:08 AM

It's better than their Spiteful. Cockpit interior is spurious, the intake behind the prop needs something behind it as it's see through. The undercarriage is wrong, with Mustang style legs.   Canopy is a bit Meh.

The plastic is for the 32, so if you want a 31, just fill the wing fold lines.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Just received a package from Upstairs Downstairs, all railway related stuff too  :rolleyes:

1 x 00 dapol Kitmaster C048 Battle Of Britain Class "Biggan Hill"

1 x 00 dapol Kitmaster C049 92220 Evening Star

1 x 15ml RailMatch 645 Caledonian Blue to go on one of the Airfix School class locos I have

Gondor