My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on July 13, 2022, 01:19:26 PM

There's no such thing as "enough kits of the Viper family" in my stash... :wub:

Those Japanese national markings could almost be take for RAF C type in that picture  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 13, 2022, 08:09:46 PM
These arrived yesterday, picked up today:

1 x Kinetic Model Kits 1/48 Dassault Mirage 2000C (K48042)
1 x Scale Aircraft Conversions 1/48 Dassault Mirage 2000 Landing Gear (SAC48132)
2 x Aires 1/48 Dassault Mirage 2000C/2000B/2000D/2000N exhaust nozzle - closed (AIRE4556)**
1 x ResKit 1/48 Dassault Super Etendard wheels set (RS48-0194)

I was amused by the customs declaration forms attached to the box;

1 x dinosaur figure (Mfg. HK)
1 x kinetic toy (Mfg. US)
2 x bubble blowing toy (Mfg. CZ)
1 x push/pedal riding vehicle (Mfg. UA)

Items declared are in place of manufacture & (matching) price order from the first list.

;D ;D ;D

I'm just stunned Customs didn't open the box after reading (or do they just read 1 in 10 ?) that list, even if it was just for a laugh  ;D

Who wrote the customs declaration for heaven's sake ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Hannant's despatch admin I assume. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Pellson

Couldn't resist some Evilbay lures.

Especially happy about the Phantom. I generally like Esci kits, and their Phantom is no exception. They're not that common over here and this one also comes with the Norm 81 markings I need for my Luftwaffe spree, so quite chuffed indeed.

Also, I'm contemplating whiffing the Mentor as a Luftwaffe basic trainer. I've always thought it's a bit daft not having your own training (or at least a local cooperative effort), and while the Magister was a really nice and docile trainer, back in the day, you should have a prop trainer, shouldn't you?

The Super Sabre and the Skyhawk were dead cheap, I mean DEAD cheap, and sold by the same chap as the other two, so I just took them on to fill up the freight box.
Generally, I think too few NATO partners took the F-100 on, so this kit might help out with that. Re the Skyhawk, I seem to remember that the Dutch considered that when they bought the F-5 instead. Admittedly, it was an earlier version, but maybe this could this one be an updated later aircraft. We'll see, eventually.

Ooh, it feels GOOD to be back in the game!  :wub:
I'm feeling somewhat like an addict..  :rolleyes:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Pellson on July 14, 2022, 10:07:38 AM

We all know the feeling of course. Welcome home.  ;D :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: Pellson on July 14, 2022, 10:07:38 AMAlso, I'm contemplating whiffing the Mentor as a Luftwaffe basic trainer. I've always thought it's a bit daft not having your own training (or at least a local cooperative effort), and while the Magister was a really nice and docile trainer, back in the day, you should have a prop trainer, shouldn't you?

Having googled around a bit, it suddenly dawned on me that the Germans used the Piaggio P.149 as an entry level trainer. I knew that, but it had all but escaped my mind today. Ah, well.. 

Googling the Mentor, though, it looks as if the French used them for a while, but I can't find any more detailed info about that. Anyone knows anything?

Dizzyfugu

Re the Skyhawk, I seem to remember that the Dutch considered that when they bought the F-5 instead. Admittedly, it was an earlier version, but maybe this could this one be an updated later aircraft. We'll see, eventually.

:lol:

1:72 Douglas A-4G 'Skyhawk', aircraft 'J-303' of the Royal Netherlands Air Force (RNLAF) 332 Squadron, Valkenburg Naval Air Base (Katwijk/Leiden, Netherlands), 1981 (What-if/Hasegawa kit)
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

The Norm '81 F-4F is a cool find - and there were, beyond the final cammo versions, a lot of experimental (and attractive!) paint schemes on several Bundesluftwaffe Phantom during the late Seventies.

zenrat

Couldn't resist some Evilbay lures.

Good score.  Does that release of the Mentor have the tractor?

And just so you know, the Hun moulds date from 1965!
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 14, 2022, 09:40:08 AM
Hannant's despatch admin I assume. ;)

I'll have a pint of whatever they were on  :drink:

Old Wombat

Only somewhat? :unsure:

I'm like a back street junkie; hooked on everything & screaming for more!!!!! :wacko:

You may not wish to get to this stage, it can be scary! :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Pellson

Quote from: zenrat on July 15, 2022, 04:28:00 AM

Good score.  Does that release of the Mentor have the tractor?

And just so you know, the Hun moulds date from 1965!

Yep, the Toyota tractor is in.  :thumbsup:

I'm aware of the age of the Hun molds, and I've built one previously as a French machine. I think the shape is quite ok, if maybe somewhat slim at the rear, but that I can live with. Still not sure who's getting it, though. Norway, maybe, as they went more or less directly from the F-86 to the F-104. And that's a step..
Another pair of contenders are Spain and Italy. We'll see where we end up.

Pellson

Quote from: Pellson on July 14, 2022, 12:44:39 PM
Quote from: Pellson on July 14, 2022, 10:07:38 AMAlso, I'm contemplating whiffing the Mentor as a Luftwaffe basic trainer. I've always thought it's a bit daft not having your own training (or at least a local cooperative effort), and while the Magister was a really nice and docile trainer, back in the day, you should have a prop trainer, shouldn't you?

Having googled around a bit, it suddenly dawned on me that the Germans used the Piaggio P.149 as an entry level trainer. I knew that, but it had all but escaped my mind today.

Chasing more data, this came up:

Indeed, Adolf Galland and Eduard Neumann tested the military version P.149D, as well as the Saab 91 and the T-34 in 1955. This version was more powerful and had more suitable instrumentation. The demonstration flight impressed them, and the overnight repairs after a belly landing even more so.

Suddenly, it is infinitely more tempting to build a SAAB 91 as the Luftwaffe basic trainer. Somewhere in the StashTM, I think there's a Heller kit hiding...  :wub:

I wonder what to do with the Mentor, though..  :o

zenrat

I was thinking, as i triked a Chipmunk for the JASDF, of making my Mentor an RAF taildragger.

I think Hasegawa are still using those Hun moulds.  I enjoyed building it and would do another if the price was right.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

I recovered from the local sorting office a package from the BIG yellow H

1 x 1/72 Pavla Models PAVC72088 BAC/EE Canberra PR.9 cockpit

1 x 1/72 ResKit RSU72-0052 BAC/EE Canberra Wheel Bays (for PR.9)

Both going to the Airfix PR.9 in the stash with the parts from the Airfix kit going to the Matchbox kit

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Alistair, note that the Airfix PR9 doesn't have the Nav's cockpit in the correct position, right in the nose. They've used the same moulds as they did for the B(I)8 with the Nav behind the pilot! :(

The Pavla bits do have the correct 'coal hole' cockpit for the Nav though.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit