My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

A good friend gave me a 1/16th scale '57 Chevy convertible yesterday. This will be an adventure!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Plenty of scope for super detailing at that scale.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Pellson

Re: spare boxes, I've found that the old, black Heller boxes (or rather, the lower halves of them) are superior to most. Also Trumpeter boxes seem nice, if somewhat on the large side.

Todays E-bay haul, at less than £5/$7 each:

Particularly happy with the two props as both are military variants. Their civil sisters are abundant but not so much these.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

McColm

Thanks to Bungle his 1/72 Formaplane Aviation  Traders  ATL-98 Carvair will be arriving at my doorstep sometime in August.
The Carvair was based on the DC-4 and there was an idea to use the DC-6 or DC-7 as the next generation.
I have a few alternative started builds that I can use for testing purposes.

kerick

Quote from: kerick on July 26, 2022, 11:09:25 PM
A good friend gave me a 1/16th scale '57 Chevy convertible yesterday. This will be an adventure!

It's AMT/Ertl
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Kerick mate that should build into something very nice and like Ratty said..plenty of scope for super detailing and I'll admit..couldnt resist doing that. ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Received from eBay today

1 x 1/72 Hasegawa Weapons Set I, Thanks to Kiwi Zac for prompting me to buy a new box as I have allocated 90%+ of the previous boxes. The box was open but the contents are still sealed which is great  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

McColm

Eventually won on Ebay as other people kept on out bidding me, the Dapol Kitmaster 00 Class 55 Deltic.
I did a bit of research using Google and there's plenty of different paint schemes to choose from, pity there's no glazing with the kit but I can use the stickers from the Harry Potter Activity Set.
Just got to get the other three.

The Wooksta!

Not quite an acquisition as I must have had it for a good decade, but I found an Xtradecal sheet of dayglo stripes for Meteors that I have absolutely no recollection of buying.  It was hiding in a Special Hobby Seafire kit box and I think I bought it for Attacker trainers.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

jcf

Quote from: The Rat on July 23, 2022, 10:31:55 AM
Found this in a antique shop in Tweed, Ontario. Probably paid way more than it was worth, but for a few bucks I don't haggle with a small businessperson trying to make a living. Scale unknown, rivets galore, and no decals. But I inventoried on the spot, and it looks like all the major parts are there, including the canopy, and probably all the small ones. It will be subjected to the usual indignities that I force upon plastic, and no doubt become another 'What if?'

Brazilian Revell-Kikoler boxing, making a point about French instructions is interesting.
Perhaps aimed at the Canadian market?

Rick Lowe

Have (literally) just gotten back from a 1300+km road trip to have a fossick/loot'n'pillage through what was left of a good friend's built-ups and bits.
(He died in 2018 and his former Missus and her new husband are moving house, so I got first dibs as she knew the stuff would go to an appreciative home).

Plenty of interesting and cool stuff, extremely varied as his interests defined the term 'Eclectic'. Or 'Strange and Bizarre', if you prefer. ;D :rolleyes:
Apparently he had it as a point of honour to never make a kit straight out of the box. Apart from the possible exception of gaming minis, and then they were usually 'tweaked' somehow...
Remembering the stuff that showed up at the displays we used to put on at the annual Hobby Show, I can attest to this! ;)

Going to be spending a few days looking through the stuff and having a quiet reminisce/gloat. 

Then probably back late in the month to see what else has been uncovered because of the move.

AeroplaneDriver

Finally found a pair of Stingray Torpedoes for my RAF Sea Guardian MRA.2 UCAV, courtesy of the eBay Fairy who brought me a nice set of Belcher Bits resin 1/48 Lynx Weapons. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Dizzyfugu

Recently acquired a Maestro Models 1:72 J 32B resin conversion set for the Heller Lansen from a Polish online shop - to my amazement, the parcel just took two days to arrive at my door!  :lol:

McColm

Arrived this morning, thanks again to Bungle.
1/72 Formaplane Aviation Traders  Carvair ATL-98