My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Arrived this morning

via eBay,

1 x 1/72 Hasegawa Aircraft In Action Series Russian Aircraft Weapons Set 35201. The box is huge for the normal Hasegawa Weapons sets and looks to be only half full. A free bag of Korean Red Ginseng Tea was also sent in the box.

via the web

1 x 1/72 Sky Decals SKY 012 Coccarde A.M.I. for my Pinocchio build

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Quote from: Gondor on January 22, 2022, 02:56:02 AM
Arrived this morning

via eBay,

1 x 1/72 Hasegawa Aircraft In Action Series Russian Aircraft Weapons Set 35201. The box is huge for the normal Hasegawa Weapons sets and looks to be only half full. A free bag of Korean Red Ginseng Tea was also sent in the box...

Not seen that set. I didn't know they did a Russian one.  Looks good.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Fred, i don't know if you're aware, they also do an European weapons set. I think i have multiples of almost every set of US weapons and also the Euro one, pretty good compared to a a lot of the stuff that comes in the kits, if they have weapons at all, that is.

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on January 21, 2022, 09:29:35 PM
Your welcome Zen mate   ;D
That Su17 is alot bigger than you might think just looking at pic..i had the total opposite when i got my 48th Spad this morning..bloody hell its small man..this is going to take some very careful air brushing ..ill soon find out how good i am and my air brush as well  :o

Yup, but the strange thing to me is that i didn't get the same impression when i got the Mistercraft kit of the SU-20. Anyway, i thought about the Modelsvit kits of these birds but the prices are too high for me considering it's one of those planes that i like but not a personal favorite. The Bilek kit will probably be built OOB or with few mods but the Mistercraft kit will be useful for donating parts for other projects.
Now, WWI planes, i don't have any of them at all... also never built one... well, guess that's what i'll be looking into.
Still, i gotta remember that with the Bilek SU-17, Scalemates says i now have 191 unbuilt kits in my stash and i really think it's more than enough to last me for decades of building. I can say i'm lucky to have been able to buy my most wanted kits and i really want to make 200 kits my limit for the stash so i'll have to choose wisely, like Indiana Jones had to when choosing which was the real holy grail... ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Quote from: chrisonord on January 21, 2022, 03:13:32 PM

I initially  thought that I had been  banned from posting for some reason,  but then why wasn't I  notified,  I  messaged  NARSES2/Chris  and no reply. I  managed  to speak to David  63pce, and told him about the quandary,  he replied  back which  was good, 

Never received anything Chris, glad it's sorted  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: DogfighterZen on January 22, 2022, 04:39:58 AM

Fred, i don't know if you're aware, they also do an European weapons set. I think i have multiples of almost every set of US weapons and also the Euro one, pretty good compared to a a lot of the stuff that comes in the kits, if they have weapons at all, that is.

Like you DogfighterZen I have usually at least one of eachset. I got a free Europein set when I bought a Hasegawa Eurofighter as well.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

DogfighterZen

They are very useful indeed. I bought more of the US modern air to air missile set because of the AIM-9Xs for the various 1/72 F-16 kits i have in the stash. Most of them do not have those missiles so i had to make sure i'd have enough for all the 14 kits. :rolleyes: ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Quote from: Gondor on January 22, 2022, 05:56:37 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on January 22, 2022, 04:39:58 AM

Like you DogfighterZen I have usually at least one of eachset. I got a free Europein set when I bought a Hasegawa Eurofighter as well.

Gondor

I was aware of (and have a few of) the US and JASDF sets but didn't know about the Soviet one.  I already have a couple of ICM Soviet sets and a Dragon one.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Quote from: zenrat on January 23, 2022, 03:35:01 AM

I was aware of (and have a few of) the US and JASDF sets but didn't know about the Soviet one.  I already have a couple of ICM Soviet sets and a Dragon one.

Ditto, I also find that sets V, VI, VII & VIII are the best sets for modern aircraft unless you need Europein or Modern Japanese.

Gondor

DogfighterZen

Well, i'm happy to say that i've suggested our forum to the modeller who sold me the Bilek SU-17, Johannes, and he told me he has visited the site and already sent his registration. He didn't know about the forum and it seems he's built whifs before so, we'll have a new member pretty soon. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I don't have any of the Russian or Japanese sets but i think i have enough of the latter from the Hase F-2A kits and the Russian aircraft kits i have in the stash both have a full weapons load in the box so i guess i won't be needing them soon as i don't normally build much Russian and Japanese stuff.
I also have a box of US/NAto weapons from Italeri but although they're ok, the details on Hase weapons are much better. It does have a great variety of weapons.

AeroplaneDriver

Surprising Sunday delivery from the eBay Fairy...1/48 Tamiya Nakajima A6M2N Type 2 Floatplane "Rufe". 

Not my normal subject matter as I have zero interest in Axis hardware (no pun intended).  Found this cheap on eBay and bought primarily for the floats for an Allied Whif.  Looking in the box though I am surprised at the fine recessed detail on such an old kit.  I almost feel bad that most of it will end up in the spares box.  This appears to be the original 1973 issue of the kit. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

NARSES2

This arrived today from the Big H

Looks very nice in the box. Includes a full engine, which won't be seen unless you remove some panels, but may well be required for structural integrity ? So will be built and installed, although not painted. Includes markings for 3 airframes, the prototype and two What If in-service examples, both of which interest me  :thumbsup: As an aside and in contrast to my recent remarks about the P-43's canopy this includes 4 examples of the rear canopy. Two different styles, each with an open and closed option.

Accompanying it was a LF Models transfer sheet for Portuguese P-39's (I never knew they had them) which will provide my current P-43's markings.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

:thumbsup: Chris..i do like a Fw190   ;D
Hopefully thr engine aint structural and then you have a full engine for something wiffied.
Decals as well for the P43 ..ya gonna be busy mate  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Wooksta!

Chris, I'm not convinced by the tailfin in that kit. All my references say that the D-14 was basically a D-9 with a DB603, whereas the D-15 was similar but had the tail of a Ta 152.

I'd be tempted to get one, dependent on price, to do it in captured markings and flying with the MAEE, but I have enough Fw 190D-9s and the relevant resin tailfins.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Yep, the D-15 was designed with a Ta152-style fin/rudder, not the 'classic' 190 unit.
Whether any actually existed is of course another matter. 

Mine is at https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=48446.30 and https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=48535.0

Lee - a D-9 will need a new nose (unless you modify the existing nose) as well as a replacement fin/rudder to make a D-15.

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Gondor

I agree with Lee and im in a simmilar situation with FW 190D kits. Might be tempted for the underwing tanks unless that's just the box are. Further investigation is called for by me looking for sprue shots.

Almost forgot to say that I received a Revell 1/72 Hawker Hunter FGA.9/Mk.58 from eBay today.

Gondor