My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Quote from: kitbasher on January 24, 2022, 11:14:04 AM
Yep, the D-15 was designed with a Ta152-style fin/rudder, not the 'classic' 190 unit.
Whether any actually existed is of course another matter. 

Mine is at https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=48446.30 and https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=48535.0

Lee - a D-9 will need a new nose (unless you modify the existing nose) as well as a replacement fin/rudder to make a D-15.

True.  I've D11/13 cowlings but a Ta 152C engine could be grafted on.  Think I've some Airwaves ones stashed away somewhere if I wanted to do one.  But from what I recall from the Monogram Close Up, they were going to use the D-12 as a torpedo fighter.

Really should dig out that Monogram book.

Edit: Dug it out and the D series torpedo fighters were to have been the D-9/R-14 and D-12/R-14.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

IBG FW190D-15 sprues at https://www.1-72depot.com/1-72-scale-plastic-model-kits/military-aircraft/ibg-military-aircraft/ibg-72540-focke-wulf-fw-190d-15-torpedo-bomber/ suggest the nose is right but the fin/rudder is not the Ta152 unit carried by the D-15.

Interestingly the exchanges on Britmodeller regarding this kit focus on rivet detail but miss this major shortcoming.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Wardukw

Ahhhh rivet counters..the bane of most modellers world
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on January 24, 2022, 11:18:10 AM
Might be tempted for the underwing tanks unless that's just the box are. Further investigation is called for by me looking for sprue shots.

Gondor

The underwing tanks are included in the kit.

As for the tail ? To be honest it doesn't bother me that much, if at all. I've a feeling I've got a resin tailfin somewhere. I shall look.

Ta for the info chaps  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 25, 2022, 05:56:03 AM
Might be tempted for the underwing tanks unless that's just the box are. Further investigation is called for by me looking for sprue shots.

Gondor

As for the tail ? To be honest it doesn't bother me that much, if at all. I've a feeling I've got a resin tailfin somewhere. I shall look.

Yup, found pictures of the sprues last night, now its a case of finding it cheaper than the £20 that Hannants want for it

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

chrisonord

Arrived  this afternoon and  only posted  yesterday,  which  is pretty damned amazing,  Gannett  models Fairey Delta 3. Mine could  get a different  job other  than being  a bomber interceptor . A pair of drop tanks sidewinders and a pair of standoff  nuclear  missiles.  Just to upset  the nit pickers.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Gondor on January 25, 2022, 08:24:52 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on January 25, 2022, 05:56:03 AM

Gondor

Yup, found pictures of the sprues last night, now its a case of finding it cheaper than the £20 that Hannants want for it

Gondor

If you are just into the shape of the Ta 152 engine and fin parts, Revell re-boxed Frog kit is a low-budget option. Adapting it to a Fw 190 hull might call for some serious PSR, though.

Dizzyfugu

A lucky shot: a vintage mecha kit, and a rare combo! A 1:24 Hyper-Dorvack PA-58N "Bowg" with a "Buffire" glide sled in its original 1st edition boxing. Import and taxes/custom fees from the USA blow the price up (a little), but the kit itself was just too cheap to pass...  :rolleyes:

zenrat

From Evil-Bay - 1/25 MPC Ramchargers AA/FD Top Fuel Dragster.
This is a re-pop of an original sixties kit.  Unlike Revell with their SSP re-pop program Round Two have given the mould a going over so it should be an easier build than the Willys Gasser I am working on.
The Ramchargers were the first team to use the then new 426ci Hemi in a dragster.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Oh yes!  :thumbsup:

I had that Ramchargers kit too, but the original boxing of course. FULL of all sorts of good stuff!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

KP Hawker Tempest Mk VI and yes it does include the necessary parts for the Mk II  :thumbsup:

Will be built as a 67 Sqd Mk II in SE Asia either late 1945 or early 1946 as part of my Mike M tribute build. Could be built as a Tiger Force aircraft, but still 67 Sqd  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Arrived today from eBay

1 x 1/72 Revell Hawker Hunter FGA.9/Mk.58 to go with one of the Freightdog two seater conversion I recently bought.

Also arrived today from Models For Sale

2 x 1/72 Odds And Ordnance OAO72011 Hunter Intake Set, for the above Hunter and one other in my stash.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

PR19_Kit

What does the O&O intake set do to improve the base kit's intakes please?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 26, 2022, 01:40:30 PM
What does the O&O intake set do to improve the base kit's intakes please?

The intake set provides an insert for the kit intakes which is nice and smooth rather than just an empty opening in the front of the wing, then it provides part of the fuselage and the interior of the fuselage where the intakes meet the compressor face of the engine.

I will post a picture later today as it's not long after 6am and I have to go to work.

Gondor

Nick

I came home from last nights club meet with the only kit release from Model USA, an L-19 Bird Dog in 1/48. See here for more details: https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=37884.msg947726#msg947726

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/model-usa-0001-l-19-o-1-bird-dog--144387